Windows 10: Windows Spotlight for Desktop not working ! Stuck on windows bloom

Discus and support Windows Spotlight for Desktop not working ! Stuck on windows bloom in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently installed Devloper Insider preview of windows 11 pro 25120 and tried windows spotlight for desktop but it is stuck on windows bloom only you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ShubhamKumar12360, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Windows Spotlight for Desktop not working ! Stuck on windows bloom

I recently installed Devloper Insider preview of windows 11 pro 25120 and tried windows spotlight for desktop but it is stuck on windows bloom only you can see in this image

:)

ShubhamKumar12360, Jul 2, 2022

2. Windows spotlight not work!!

Yes friend all these steps working for me.check these path , first path for check : C:\Windows\Web\Screen (find the stuck image and rename it) , or second path " C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\ " at this path you will se two main folders check all these folder at all and you will find the image there.Rename or delete the image stuck only.After re-register again the spotlight and wait after some restart.Something last i had the same problem and delete the registry folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Creative\S-1-5-21-1367095634-179868200-954147944-1001" and do a restart after all these step the spotlight download again new images and start working again.Please make a backup first at register.before delete everything.

mitsaras78, Jul 2, 2022
  3. GabePM Win User
    Windows spotlight not work!!

Greetings to mitsaras78 and to everyone in this forum!

I am new here and I have the same problem as stated in this thread. I tried deleting the mentioned folders (with and without emptying recycle bin) and then "reset-re-register-windows-spotlight-windows" manually with admin Powershell or with the .bat file provided. I followed the suggested steps, but no success, I am stuck with the same spotlight background and no "like what you see?" option or tips showing up. For some unknown reason, sometimes a error message shows up when I "reset-re-register-windows-spotlight-windows", other times this step works without showing errors .

Is the procedure suggested by mitsaras78 safe? I am a bit reluctant in testing this since it requires deleting system files and files in hidden folders. Has this been tested and has this worked as a permanet solution for anyone? Any recommendations for trying this?

GabePM, Jul 2, 2022
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight for Desktop not working ! Stuck on windows bloom

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

Windows Spotlight for Desktop not working ! Stuck on windows bloom

1. Windows Spotlight for Desktop not working ! Stuck on windows bloom - Similar Threads - Spotlight Desktop working

2. Spotlight desktop Windows 11 stopped working suddenly and the Spotlight desktop icon is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight desktop Windows 11 stopped working suddenly and the Spotlight desktop icon is not...: I own a Dell 7530 with Windows 11 Pro. I've had this laptop for a bit longer than two years and so far everything has been all right. But since about four days ago, Spotlight Desktop stopped working. The wallpaper on the desktop is the same dawn picture, the icon of Spotlight...
  3. Spotlight desktop Windows 11 stopped working suddenly and the Spotlight desktop icon is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotlight desktop Windows 11 stopped working suddenly and the Spotlight desktop icon is not...: I own a Dell 7530 with Windows 11 Pro. I've had this laptop for a bit longer than two years and so far everything has been all right. But since about four days ago, Spotlight Desktop stopped working. The wallpaper on the desktop is the same dawn picture, the icon of Spotlight...
  4. Windows spotlight fails on desktop, works in Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight fails on desktop, works in Edge: Today after having worked fine for months my desktop does not show spotlight images, just that blue swirly image, which is NOT in the following folder.There were several images...
  5. Windows spotlight fails on desktop, works in Edge

Windows spotlight fails on desktop, works in Edge: Today after having worked fine for months my desktop does not show spotlight images, just that blue swirly image, which is NOT in the following folder.There were several images...
  6. Windows spotlight desktop stuck on windows 11 bloom and cannot change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight desktop stuck on windows 11 bloom and cannot change it: Latest Win 11 version, not an insider build.Basically, the picture doesn't change automatically, nor can be switched manually.Could be because of OneDrive? Don't think so, the lock-screen spotlight works just fine so can't be it....
  7. Windows spotlight desktop stuck on windows 11 bloom and cannot change it

Windows spotlight desktop stuck on windows 11 bloom and cannot change it: Latest Win 11 version, not an insider build.Basically, the picture doesn't change automatically, nor can be switched manually.Could be because of OneDrive? Don't think so, the lock-screen spotlight works just fine so can't be it....
  8. Windows Spotlight for Desktop not working ! Stuck on windows bloom

Windows Spotlight for Desktop not working ! Stuck on windows bloom: I recently installed Devloper Insider preview of windows 11 pro 25120 and tried windows spotlight for desktop but it is stuck on windows bloom only you can see in this image...
  9. Windows Spotlight stuck on the same picture. Nothing works

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight stuck on the same picture. Nothing works: Hello, My Windows Spotlight is stuck on the same picture for some time now. At first it was stuck on a picture of Pluto, I tried every possible way to fix it deleting those files as it's shown in solutions that help for most peopoe, resetting Spotlight using Windows...
  10. Windows Spotlight Not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight Not working.: Windows spotlight not working on my Windows 10 1909 even after deleting the files in content delivery manager folder (assets folder). After deleting the files, only an accent colour (chosen from desktop background) is seen on the lock seen. Please help me with this issue....