Windows 10: Windows Spotlight help

Discus and support Windows Spotlight help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I just upgraded to a 1440p panel from a 1080p panel and now the Window Spotlights images are not as clear. Is there any way that I could have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheGuy1016, May 1, 2020.

1. Windows Spotlight help

So I just upgraded to a 1440p panel from a 1080p panel and now the Window Spotlights images are not as clear. Is there any way that I could have the images be 1440p instead of 1080p?

submitted by /u/TheGuy1016
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheGuy1016, May 1, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 1, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, May 1, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight help

windows spotlight

Hi Leland,

Windows Spotlight is a nifty feature in Windows 10. It can downloads pictures and advertisements from Bing and then displays them on your lock screen. Besides, you can mark whether you wish to see more or less images of a similar type.

To sort out your concern, simply follow the steps provided below:

• Go to privacy settings:
    • Background apps turn on
    • For spottlight setting app must be on.
    • You can now use spottlight in personalisation tab.

We also suggest to re-register your Windows Spotlight by following the steps provided by
    Kapil Arya MVP on this
    link

Should you need further information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows Spotlight help

1. Windows Spotlight help - Similar Threads - Spotlight help

2. Win 11 windows spotlight pictures lock screen on 32:9 aspect ratio monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 windows spotlight pictures lock screen on 32:9 aspect ratio monitor: I love the Windows Spotlight pictures on the lock screen, but only a section of the pictures is displayed on my 32:9 aspect ratio monitor Samsung Odyssey 5120 x 1440. I'd rather see the full picture even if there are black areas left and right. Is there a fix?...
  3. Spotlight option in dropdown not available... Any Help??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Spotlight option in dropdown not available... Any Help??: I am using windows 10 pro education and I realised that I do not have the option ofspotlight in "Personalisation". [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-option-in-dropdown-not-available-any/9f95c40b-9beb-4195-bd96-914414b96750
  4. Help - Windows Spotlight broken? Won't remain selected. Also, Windows Spotlight lock screen...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help - Windows Spotlight broken? Won't remain selected. Also, Windows Spotlight lock screen...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sports4life8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fhoqul/help_windows_spotlight_broken_wont_remain/
  5. SPOTLIGHT PICTURE STUCK AGAIN PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Customization
    SPOTLIGHT PICTURE STUCK AGAIN PLEASE HELP: Is there actually a fix for this? Last time I changed from Spotlight to Picture and rebooted, then changed it back and rebooted, and it started working. But the next time the computer updated, it stopped again and now that doesn't work to fix it. I am not wanting to go...
  6. SPOTLIGHT PICTURE STUCK AGAIN PLEASE HELP

SPOTLIGHT PICTURE STUCK AGAIN PLEASE HELP: Is there actually a fix for this? Last time I changed from Spotlight to Picture and rebooted, then changed it back and rebooted, and it started working. But the next time the computer updated, it stopped again and now that doesn't work to fix it. I am not wanting to go...
  7. New Bing Spotlight helps you learn more about the news in less time

in Windows 10 News
    New Bing Spotlight helps you learn more about the news in less time: Being an informed consumer of the news is more challenging today than it used to be. We live in a busy world where dozens of headlines compete for our attention every day. On top of that, it’s difficult to know if you’re getting all sides of a story or just leaning into an...
  8. Can't fix broken Windows Spotlight (Windows 10) not working - HELP

Can't fix broken Windows Spotlight (Windows 10) not working - HELP: I've tried all the guides on google, like recommended here https://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix-windows-spotlight-stuck-same-image-windows-10 and https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/windows-10-spotlight-not-working-fixed/ Neither fixes windows spotlight for me! I'm on a...
  9. Help me fixing Windows Spotlight (Lock Screen)

Help me fixing Windows Spotlight (Lock Screen): Hello. My Windows Spotlight has stopped working on one of my work pcs and I haven't been unable to repair it. Ran this batch file (as admin) and it worked for another pc, but it doesn't work on this pc. :: Created by: Shawn Brink :: Created on: April 16th 2017...
  10. Spotlight help needed please

Spotlight help needed please: Hello, I'm baffled as usual. The "do you like what you see message" only shows a blue screen where the picture should be, all the text is there but no picture. The strange thing is that the picture shows in the preview section where you turn the feature on or off. All...