Windows 10: Windows Spotlight - how does "I want more" or "not a fan" work?

Discus and support Windows Spotlight - how does "I want more" or "not a fan" work? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi On what basis are new images selected after I've hit "I want more" or "Not a fan"? After years of selecting, I have no noticeable difference on... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by muppet123, Mar 17, 2019.

1. muppet123 Win User

Windows Spotlight - how does "I want more" or "not a fan" work?

Hi

On what basis are new images selected after I've hit "I want more" or "Not a fan"?

After years of selecting, I have no noticeable difference on the type, content, places, colours - or anything about the pictures that seems to have responded to what I've clicked.

In general I find most the of images spoiled by over-saturation, ad post-processing, making most of them look like sickly 1980s pop art photo posters..., but would be interested to know - from anybody who knows (please not just speculation about AI algorithmic magic) on what basis the images are tagged/characterised and what is the "like these" rule.

:)

muppet123, Mar 17, 2019
  2. MGranback Win User

Windows Spotlight Not Working

Had the same problem with the Spotlight Lock Screen images on two computers and had went through all the numerous suggestions here and elsewhere without finding a resolution until I finally noticed the following:

1. Before immediately trying to delete everything from the Assets and Settings folders, try the usual "first" suggestion of switching Lock Screen image from Spotlight to Picture.

2. Get back out of settings and activate lock screen using Windows and "L" keys together and verify that the selected picture comes up.

3. May not be necessary but I did a restart at this point.

4. After restart go back to settings and switch Lock Screen back to Spotlight
    BUT DON'T EXPECT IT TO CHANGE TO A SPOTLIGHT IMAGE IMMEDIATELY.

5. Get out of settings and Use the Windows+L keys to activate the lock screen but, again, don't be surprised if you're still seeing the default "backpack on a lake" image. Then do
    another restart (again, may not be necessary but just stating what I did to get mine working).

6. After restart, and this is the key to what I've experienced, WAIT! Don't expect Spotlight Images to start showing up immediately and you'll probably still have the same "backpack on a lake" image or whatever. On my laptop, it initially
    appeared that the above steps weren't working. About 45 minutes later, however, I noticed image had changed in Settings. Tried activating the lock screen with the Windows+L keys again and, sure enough, Spotlight was working again. When I tried the same
    thing on my Desktop, however, IT TOOK 36 HOURS before the first new Spotlight image came up even though I could see the new images in the Assets folder shortly after taking the above steps

7. Once (if) you get spotlight to start working again DO NOT select "Not a fan" for any of the images for at least a few days to a week. After I got mine working on both computers, Spotlight would work fine as long as
    I did nothing or "liked" the image. As soon as I selected "Not a fan", however, Spotlight stopped working and Lock Screen went back to the default "backpack on a lake" image again and I had to repeat the above steps. After letting it go for a week, however,
    I tried it again and selecting "Not a fan" worked normally again changing to another Spotlight image and has continued working normally for over a month now. Perhaps it just takes that long for enough pictures to upload and system to adjust to be able to
    change to new picture ???. I also discovered, however, that, even after Spotlight had been working fine for over a month, I tried selecting "Not a fan" for three images in a row. The first two times it changed to a new image. The third time it went back
    to the default "backpack on a lake" image and stopped working again. So I'd suggest not selecting "Not a fan" for several images in a row.

8. If, even after waiting a day or two, Spotlight lock screen images don't start working again it may still be necessary to delete the contents of the Assets and Settings folders or try the numerous other suggestions that have been offered. Based on my
    experience, however, once you do get it working I'd still suggest not expecting immediate results and not selecting "Not a fan" for a few days to a week after you do get it working.

MGranback, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 17, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Spotlight - how does "I want more" or "not a fan" work? - Similar Threads - Spotlight does more

2. I dont know why but my windows spotlight does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    I dont know why but my windows spotlight does not work: I have windows 10 educational license. I dont get the spotlight option on lock screen settings but on the top of the look screen settings i get this notification " Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization". I dont know if this problem is related with...
  3. Windows Spotlight DOES NOT EXIST

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight DOES NOT EXIST: Ok, so it seems a lot of the lock screen functions in my windows 10 do NOT work on my computer for reasons unknown , after a year of having the same picture i thought it was enough and i wanted to change it. This opened the gates to hell, and not only does my slideshow not...
  4. Windows Spotlight not working any more - has it been removed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Spotlight not working any more - has it been removed?: I'v tried everything I found: Deleting Assets and Settings via Run using following commands: %USERPROFILE%/AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets &...
  5. I want more settings

I want more settings: We want More Settings like work mode or gaming mod control the brightness or light Like more light less light That will be good at gaming mode or work mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-more-settings/8a88a4c6-c962-4f86-950c-190639e940a0
  6. Spotlight 'like' or 'not a fan' feedback not working

Spotlight 'like' or 'not a fan' feedback not working: Spotlight has stopped asking me if I like the picture, and there have been a couple of lovely ones that I'd like to see more of, and a few I don't like which I would like to feedback on, but can't. Why has Spotlight glitched like this, and how can I fix it?...
  7. Does spotlight work for desktop backgrounds too?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does spotlight work for desktop backgrounds too?: I don't like third party programs, is there something build in windows 10 that randomly switches desktop backgrounds like spotlight does to lock screen? submitted by /u/Liberal_circlejerkk [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows spotlight does not work

Windows spotlight does not work: windows spotlight is not showing any pictures what can I do to repair it Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-does-not-work/fca9ffee-2084-4626-b2fa-1ffe3f748b10
  9. Windows Spotlight Not working.

Windows Spotlight Not working.: Windows spotlight not working on my Windows 10 1909 even after deleting the files in content delivery manager folder (assets folder). After deleting the files, only an accent colour (chosen from desktop background) is seen on the lock seen. Please help me with this issue....
  10. I want my wallpapers to be Windows spotlight pics.

I want my wallpapers to be Windows spotlight pics.: I like the pictures of you, I do not want them to show only in a short time. I want them to replace my wallpapers until you change another one. Plz help me, I think many will have hobbies like me....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows spotlight not changing after selecting not a fan option

2. i clicked not a fan on bing images on background how to undo it

3. windows spotlight not a fan

4. clicked not a fan by accident on windows start upo picture,
  5. spotlight i like it not a fan,
  6. windows spotlight accident click on not a fan