Windows 10: Windows Spotlight is disabled

Discus and support Windows Spotlight is disabled in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello! My windows spotlight is disabled or not showing it says some settings are hidden or managed by organization..... I have tried couple of ways... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by OsmanGhazi, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Windows Spotlight is disabled

Hello!

My windows spotlight is disabled or not showing it says some settings are hidden or managed by organization.....
    I have tried couple of ways as stated by many youtubers but all of them are not working on my windows.
    My windows is fully activated and genuine but after all of my efforts the grapes were sour and spoiled.
    Kindly give me such an effective solution that would work on my current version of windows.
    I have windows 10.....
    I hope I would get answer in couple of minutes...….

:)

OsmanGhazi, Jan 26, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight is disabled

windows spotlight

Hi Leland,

Windows Spotlight is a nifty feature in Windows 10. It can downloads pictures and advertisements from Bing and then displays them on your lock screen. Besides, you can mark whether you wish to see more or less images of a similar type.

To sort out your concern, simply follow the steps provided below:

• Go to privacy settings:
    • Background apps turn on
    • For spottlight setting app must be on.
    • You can now use spottlight in personalisation tab.

We also suggest to re-register your Windows Spotlight by following the steps provided by
    Kapil Arya MVP on this
    link

Should you need further information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows Spotlight is disabled

1. Windows Spotlight is disabled - Similar Threads - Spotlight disabled

2. disable facts/tips & tricks on Windows spotlight Lock Screen Windows 11 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable facts/tips & tricks on Windows spotlight Lock Screen Windows 11 Home Edition: My windows spotlight lock screen is covered with obnoxious "Fun Facts" that ruin otherwise beautiful images. Is there a way to turn this off in Windows 11?I tried a method suggested in another thread switch the lock screen to "Picture" or "Slide Show", turn off "Get Fun...
  3. disable facts/tips & tricks on Windows spotlight Lock Screen Windows 11 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable facts/tips & tricks on Windows spotlight Lock Screen Windows 11 Home Edition: My windows spotlight lock screen is covered with obnoxious "Fun Facts" that ruin otherwise beautiful images. Is there a way to turn this off in Windows 11?I tried a method suggested in another thread switch the lock screen to "Picture" or "Slide Show", turn off "Get Fun...
  4. how to disable the lockscreen spotlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable the lockscreen spotlight: i wnat to customize my window locksceen.but i can't access my lockscreen settings.so please help me to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-lockscreen-spotlight/8c31abea-b204-487f-9705-2e5e0747a2fa
  5. how to disable the lockscreen spotlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable the lockscreen spotlight: i wnat to customize my window locksceen.but i can't access my lockscreen settings.so please help me to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-lockscreen-spotlight/8c31abea-b204-487f-9705-2e5e0747a2fa
  6. How to disable or remove Windows Spotlight?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable or remove Windows Spotlight?: Windows spotlight is not for me. Please provide working instructions of how to disable or remove it from Windows 10 pro.I ask for working instructions as nothing I tried worked.Tried changing lock screen to image in settings and turning off everything spotlight using group...
  7. Disabled Spotlight tips still shows after standby

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabled Spotlight tips still shows after standby: Hi.Via GPO I've disabled Spotlight fun facts, tips, tricks on the lock screen. It works fine, but they still show up when the computer resumes from standby.Is that another setting? I tried the Windows Component > Cloud content > Don't show windows tips but I don't think...
  8. is there a way to disable the hyperlinks on windows spotlight?

in Windows 10 Customization
    is there a way to disable the hyperlinks on windows spotlight?: I use windows spotlight because I dislike having a static lock screen however the hyperlinks are an eyesore, is there a way to disable them without turning off windows spotlight?...
  9. Changing Lockscreen, disabling spotlight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Lockscreen, disabling spotlight: submitted by /u/ILeftMyRoomForThis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/igqfmf/changing_lockscreen_disabling_spotlight/
  10. Windows 10 Spotlight is disabled in Education

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Spotlight is disabled in Education: I recently activated Windows 10 Education on my new PC only to find out that Windows Spotlight is gone. I am running version 1909. I have used Home since the release of Windows 10 and have used Windows Spotlight since its introduction. I am blown away that such an innocent,...