Windows 10: windows spotlight is grayed out in windows 10 professional

Discus and support windows spotlight is grayed out in windows 10 professional in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We have a small setup of windows server 2012 active directory based Setup. All client computers are windows 7, windows 8 and windows 10 professional os... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SachinRNaik, Feb 7, 2020.

1. windows spotlight is grayed out in windows 10 professional

We have a small setup of windows server 2012 active directory based Setup. All client computers are windows 7, windows 8 and windows 10 professional os installed license version and are connected to domain. All the applied group policies are working fine with all the computers.

The problem is that windows spotlight feature which was working fine, all of a sudden stopped working for all windows 10 computers. I have not applied any group policy. When check in control panel- lock screen-background "windows spotlight" is grayed out. On top "some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" message displays.

Please give a solution to enable it again. Thanks in advance.

Sachin

:)

SachinRNaik, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    windows spotlight

Hi Leland,

Windows Spotlight is a nifty feature in Windows 10. It can downloads pictures and advertisements from Bing and then displays them on your lock screen. Besides, you can mark whether you wish to see more or less images of a similar type.

To sort out your concern, simply follow the steps provided below:

• Go to privacy settings:
    • Background apps turn on
    • For spottlight setting app must be on.
    • You can now use spottlight in personalisation tab.

We also suggest to re-register your Windows Spotlight by following the steps provided by
    Kapil Arya MVP on this
    link

Should you need further information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

windows spotlight is grayed out in windows 10 professional

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

windows spotlight is grayed out in windows 10 professional

1. windows spotlight is grayed out in windows 10 professional - Similar Threads - spotlight grayed professional

2. Windows 10 Internet Icon grayed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Internet Icon grayed out: The Internet icon on my Windows 10 disappeared after finished a Windows update. I tried to follow several tasks discussion and suggestion but found no joy. As I played with "System Configuration" I got the Internet Icon showed up. To help resolve your concern regarding...
  3. Windows Store Grayed out.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Grayed out.: Hello, I've been searching Microsoft support pages for 4 days with no answer in sight so I've come to make my own page. When I try to access the Microsoft store to install a game on my Game pass ultimate subscription the store does not open. I've tried using the Xbox app but...
  4. Windows Hello PIN is grayed out ?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello PIN is grayed out ?: I dont have a compatible hardware for hello face or fingerprint, but why the PIN is not working? I'm on 1909.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-pin-is-grayed-out/212901c0-c2c3-4597-84be-3ef8e9305a4d
  5. Windows 10 settings window grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 settings window grayed out: Beginning of the issue was that my spotlight image doesn't change so I follow the steps from the link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/windows-spotlight-lock-screen-picture-wont-change/443cc26c-29f1-4481-80c9-6fb7130f6191 After follow...
  6. Windows Defender settings are grayed out

Windows Defender settings are grayed out: hello, my laptop running windows 10 home 1903 has some windows defender setting greyed out with the message "this setting is managed by your administrator," I'm the only user and have Malwarebytes installed for scanning. everything I've tried hasn't worked. it's really...
  7. cascade windows all grayed out

cascade windows all grayed out: Somehow I run into this issue, I tried: 1. Change System Languages 2. Change System Fonts 3. Performance Options => Let Windows choose what's best for my computer but it didn't work anyone has any ideas? unspeakable appreciated! [ATTACH] as you can see, all the...
  8. Windows 10 PIN feature grayed out

Windows 10 PIN feature grayed out: Hi All, Please advise me how to fix it. The Windows version is 1809 Build 17763.404 which is the latest version The issue is that PIN sign up feature is disabled. I have searched and tried the following recommend....
  9. Windows 10 unable to gray out proxy settings

Windows 10 unable to gray out proxy settings: Not sure - but my code work a while back with no problems. It seems after a while MS changes something and I am unable to lock down the proxy like before. Anyways, I need to be able to gray out the proxy settings for both limit and administrator accounts. In the registry I...
  10. HDR Streaming grayed out in windows 10

HDR Streaming grayed out in windows 10: I have a strange issue with HDR, My setup is: - BenQ EW3270U 31.5" 4K HDR - Nvidia 1080 Ti - Intel i7 8700k - Maximus X hero wifi - 32 GB Ram I can enable "HDR and WCG" from display settings no problem, I can also stream HDR 4k from youtube and play HDR 4k Games,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows spotlight greyed out windows 10 pro