Windows 10: Windows spotlight is not working cant fix with registry on S mode

Discus and support Windows spotlight is not working cant fix with registry on S mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was told to fox this error through registry but S mode will not let me enter, The other fix through windows explorer only fisxed for one day. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Linda 2019, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Windows spotlight is not working cant fix with registry on S mode

I was told to fox this error through registry but S mode will not let me enter, The other fix through windows explorer only fisxed for one day.

Please help. Chat help didnt get it...Thanks

:)

Linda 2019, Jul 28, 2020

2. Windows spotlight not work!!

Yes friend all these steps working for me.check these path , first path for check : C:\Windows\Web\Screen (find the stuck image and rename it) , or second path " C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\ " at this path you will se two main folders check all these folder at all and you will find the image there.Rename or delete the image stuck only.After re-register again the spotlight and wait after some restart.Something last i had the same problem and delete the registry folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Creative\S-1-5-21-1367095634-179868200-954147944-1001" and do a restart after all these step the spotlight download again new images and start working again.Please make a backup first at register.before delete everything.

mitsaras78, Jul 28, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    windows spotlight not working

Hello,

If Windows Spotlight is stuck on the same image and is not changing, you may be able to get it working by editing the registry. Kindly follow the steps below carefully as modifying the registry incorrectly can result to serious problems. For information
    about backing up the registry, kindly see this article.

• Press the Windows logo key + R, then type
      regedit
      , and select OK.
    • Navigate to:
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Creative
    • Under each subkey (S-1-5-21-... or user SID), there may or may not be more subkeys (131565...). If those subkeys exist, delete them. Don't delete the "Creative" key.
    • Lock the screen. You will not see anything for up to a week but it will work after that.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Jul 28, 2020
  4. GabePM Win User

Windows spotlight is not working cant fix with registry on S mode

Windows spotlight not work!!

Hi mitsaras78! Thanks for your reply and input. Even after following the steps you suggested I wasn´t able to delete some pictures from hidden folders (I even tried changing Security Settings from Properties of some of these pictures, but no success deleting). I ended up reformatting my laptop and installing a fresh Windows 10 two days ago. The formatting and installation was performed by a technician from the university where I work and now I have a license for Windows 10 from my university. The version installed was 1809 and I upgraded to version 1903 by Windows Update.
    Spotlight seems to be changing pictures on a daily basis (it showed 2 different images until now) but the features “Like what you see?” and additional information about the image that normally is displayed are missing. I searched the web (for instance How to turn on Windows Spotlight Like What You See option.) and found a proposed solution by changing the Registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Lock Screen\Creative. However, in my machine using this path to \Lock Screen doesn’t have a folder Creative. Is this the source of the problem? Do you have any solution to get the “Like what you see?” feature working?

GabePM, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows spotlight is not working cant fix with registry on S mode

1. Windows spotlight is not working cant fix with registry on S mode - Similar Threads - spotlight working cant

2. Cant disable s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant disable s mode: So i just got this new laptop and im trying to switch out of s mode and the get button shows up and when i click it shows a quick pop up screen that disappears instantly and it wont let me continue to turn off s mode...
  3. Cant disable s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant disable s mode: So i just got this new laptop and im trying to switch out of s mode and the get button shows up and when i click it shows a quick pop up screen that disappears instantly and it wont let me continue to turn off s mode...
  4. S-MODE ERROR FIX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S-MODE ERROR FIX: I see alot of people saying they cant get out of s-mode.I had this exact same issue until i found this trick.It works instantly… your welcome Reset Microsoft Store. Type wsreset in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter. A command prompt window will open and reset Store....
  5. S-MODE ERROR FIX

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    S-MODE ERROR FIX: I see alot of people saying they cant get out of s-mode.I had this exact same issue until i found this trick.It works instantly… your welcome Reset Microsoft Store. Type wsreset in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter. A command prompt window will open and reset Store....
  6. S-MODE ERROR FIX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. s mode - cant get out of

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    s mode - cant get out of: just got a new laptop and i find i have to take off s mode to be able to use it properly. i go to the store and click on 'get'.......and thats it. i get an outline of a box appear, disappear and nothings changed. no install option or any thing. can anyone help me out with...
  8. Cant switch out of s mode

Cant switch out of s mode: I try to download games of my browser and their is a message that pops up saying "It's time to update your device To continue receiving app recommendations, update now. Still want to install apps from outside Microsoft Store? See how" I would press update now and checks for...
  9. Cant switch out of s mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant switch out of s mode: I cannot switch out of s mode, it just says "something went wrong at our end" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-out-of-s-mode/d8e19e48-64fc-41d6-86ec-3a93f1851911"
  10. Cant switch out of Windows S mode

Cant switch out of Windows S mode: I went into the Microsoft store and went to thing that switches me out of S mode. I pressed it and it said "try again later, something went wrong on our end" its been saying that for a week now. Is there something I can do to fix it? or do you need to fix the problem and i...