Windows 10: Windows Spotlight isn't telling me where pictures it displays were taken

Discus and support Windows Spotlight isn't telling me where pictures it displays were taken in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I really like the Windows Spotlight screen lock, where it shows pictures from different locations. Until recently, it was possible for me to hover my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Robin4PR, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Robin4PR Win User

Windows Spotlight isn't telling me where pictures it displays were taken

I really like the Windows Spotlight screen lock, where it shows pictures from different locations. Until recently, it was possible for me to hover my mouse over some text in the upper right hand corner of the screen and it would tell me where the picture was taken. Now that text is not there and if I click or anything on the screen, it just immediately has me enter my pin number to log in. I really liked seeing where the pictures were taken! Is there a way for me to get that feature back?

:)

Robin4PR, Dec 23, 2019

2. where were the pictures taken that appear on the spotlight

where were the pictures taken that appear on my spotlight screen?

FranBettencourt, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

WIndows Spotlight Picture struck in one picture

Hi Alok,

There are various reasons why Windows Spotlight wallpaper is not changing or fetching a new wallpaper from Bing.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest resetting Windows Spotlight preference by following the steps below:

• Create a system restore point.
    • Once done, press Windows key + I to open Settings..
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click Lock Screen.
    • Under Background option, select Picture.
    • Set a picture as a default lock screen background.
    • Locate to: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_<characters>\Settings.

Note: Make sure to unhide all hidden folders on Windows 10.
    • In this folder, delete these: roaming.lock and settings.dat.
    • Repeat steps 2-4.
    • Under Background option, select Windows spotlight.
    • See if the issue will persist.

If the issue still persist, re-register Windows Spotlight:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type powershell.
    • Select Windows PowerShell.
    • On the PowerShell window, type: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}
    • Press Enter.
    • See if your wallpaper will change.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Spotlight isn't telling me where pictures it displays were taken - Similar Threads - Spotlight isn't telling

2. In windows 11 theme mountain dwellings. where in the world were the background pictures taken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In windows 11 theme mountain dwellings. where in the world were the background pictures taken?: Hello does anyone know the location in the world that the pictures in the theme mountain dwellings were taken or how I can find that information about background pictures myself?...
  3. In windows 11 theme mountain dwellings. where in the world were the background pictures taken?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In windows 11 theme mountain dwellings. where in the world were the background pictures taken?: Hello does anyone know the location in the world that the pictures in the theme mountain dwellings were taken or how I can find that information about background pictures myself?...
  4. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight pictures: I have said that I either Like or am Not a Fan on hundreds of photos. What bugs me is that I have to respond to the same photos. Once I'm indicated my preference regarding a given photo, why can't that be permanent vs having to do it again a few weeks later??...
  5. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotlight pictures: I have said that I either Like or am Not a Fan on hundreds of photos. What bugs me is that I have to respond to the same photos. Once I'm indicated my preference regarding a given photo, why can't that be permanent vs having to do it again a few weeks later??...
  6. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Where is this background picture taken?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is this background picture taken?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Widow_Maker_GT2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wbdhak/where_is_this_background_picture_taken/
  8. Spotlight isn't changing any pictures

Spotlight isn't changing any pictures: hi , windows spotlight pictures aren't changing from 1 day . Pls help me resolve this . Its just displaying the original picture . thx you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-isnt-changing-any-pictures/f53acefe-89c4-4cb4-8d66-3d0a7e6e7cd3
  9. Spotlight pictures

Spotlight pictures: Does anyone know where the Spotlight picture of the European houses along the river was taken? I don't see the picture yet in Assets https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-pictures/eb34e50f-4b39-475d-a04b-1d12e308f9a6
  10. Guys can anyone tell where this picture was taken?

Guys can anyone tell where this picture was taken?: [img] 59337

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How To Know Where The Windows Spotlight Photos Were Taken?