Windows 10: Windows Spotlight Issue

Discus and support Windows Spotlight Issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows Spotlight toggled on, but when locking my PC, only displays the image of some mountains with a red backpack. That is all that shows. No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ellie Asay, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Windows Spotlight Issue

I have Windows Spotlight toggled on, but when locking my PC, only displays the image of some mountains with a red backpack. That is all that shows. No "Do you like this?" text or fun facts. How can I fix this?

:)

Ellie Asay, Jul 16, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight Issue

windows spotlight

Hi Leland,

Windows Spotlight is a nifty feature in Windows 10. It can downloads pictures and advertisements from Bing and then displays them on your lock screen. Besides, you can mark whether you wish to see more or less images of a similar type.

To sort out your concern, simply follow the steps provided below:

• Go to privacy settings:
    • Background apps turn on
    • For spottlight setting app must be on.
    • You can now use spottlight in personalisation tab.

We also suggest to re-register your Windows Spotlight by following the steps provided by
    Kapil Arya MVP on this
    link

Should you need further information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows Spotlight Issue

1. Windows Spotlight Issue - Similar Threads - Spotlight Issue

2. Issues with Windows Spotlight - does not update / change picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Windows Spotlight - does not update / change picture: I've been having this issue with Windows Spotlight for about a week or so. I have two Windows 11 PC's and I first noticed when I was working on the secondary one. My primary PC has been stuck on the same photo with two monkeys, while cute I thought it would be nice for a...
  3. Issues with Windows Spotlight - does not update / change picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows Spotlight - does not update / change picture: I've been having this issue with Windows Spotlight for about a week or so. I have two Windows 11 PC's and I first noticed when I was working on the secondary one. My primary PC has been stuck on the same photo with two monkeys, while cute I thought it would be nice for a...
  4. Spotlight issues after point restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight issues after point restore: HiRecently, Windows spotlights desktop background picture doesn't change and when I want to change it and click on the desktop icon, it only displays open.I don't understand why this only applies to desktop background, as lock screen changes just fine.I have attempted the...
  5. Spotlight issues after point restore

Spotlight issues after point restore: HiRecently, Windows spotlights desktop background picture doesn't change and when I want to change it and click on the desktop icon, it only displays open.I don't understand why this only applies to desktop background, as lock screen changes just fine.I have attempted the...
  6. I had an issue of lockscreen spotlight can’t be changed since 20daysspotlight get stuck...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had an issue of lockscreen spotlight can’t be changed since 20daysspotlight get stuck...: Cannot Change windows spotlight lockscreen since 20days I had tried all the troubleshooting steps but it won’t worked for me can any one solve the issue??...
  7. I had an issue of lockscreen spotlight can’t be changed since 20daysspotlight get stuck...

I had an issue of lockscreen spotlight can’t be changed since 20daysspotlight get stuck...: Cannot Change windows spotlight lockscreen since 20days I had tried all the troubleshooting steps but it won’t worked for me can any one solve the issue??...
  8. anyone having a windows spotlight on lock screen issue?

anyone having a windows spotlight on lock screen issue?: my laptop was working well all day but i went away and it updated to this : Windows 11 servicing stack update - 22621.1550now my lock screen is an ugly blue photo and not those pretty landscaping photos on windows spotlight. did a screen share with customer service and they...
  9. anyone having a windows spotlight on lock screen issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anyone having a windows spotlight on lock screen issue?: my laptop was working well all day but i went away and it updated to this : Windows 11 servicing stack update - 22621.1550now my lock screen is an ugly blue photo and not those pretty landscaping photos on windows spotlight. did a screen share with customer service and they...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Non-activated 21H1 Spotlight issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Pro Non-activated 21H1 Spotlight issue: Hi, I'm new hereI'd like to ask about an issue I have after updating to 21H1My PC runs on an non-activated Windows 10 that I got from the official site and I have been using it as is for quite some time now. The feature, Spotlight, is probably my most favorite feature out of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant turn off windows spotlight everytime struck with same image