Windows 10: Windows Spotlight "Like What You See" Missing

Discus and support Windows Spotlight "Like What You See" Missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.746) A few months ago I took an update (not sure which one), but it was an update that enabled a sign-on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by leftheaded, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Windows Spotlight "Like What You See" Missing

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.746)

A few months ago I took an update (not sure which one), but it was an update that enabled a sign-on feature that required a user to send "ctrl+alt+del" in order to login. Previously, we could enter our PIN by simply pressing any key to bring up the PIN input box.

Anyway, around this same time my lockscreen stopped showing "Like What You See". I've tried many different ways to resolve this. None have worked.

I keep seeing amazing photos of locations I must put on my travel bucket list... but alas, I'm left to wonder where on earth they are. *Sad

:)

leftheaded, Jan 15, 2021

2. welcome screen is not asking if i like the spotlight choice

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why your laptop is not asking if you like the spotlight choice might be because the Windows spotlight is not set as your lock screen background. To address this concern, we suggest enabling Windows spotlight as your lock screen
    background. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization and then select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, click on the drop down menu and make sure to click on Windows spotlight.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Darleen Pen, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Windows Spotlight "Like What You See" Missing

Windows Spotlight "Like what you see?" option is missing

That "fix' never works!

Richard Kurrus Clas, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows Spotlight "Like What You See" Missing

1. Windows Spotlight "Like What You See" Missing - Similar Threads - Spotlight Missing

2. Windows spotlight missing from lock screen dropdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spotlight missing from lock screen dropdown: Despite not being enrolled or managed by any organization. Windows Settings claims my settings are managed by one, and the option to use Windows Spotlight is missing entirely from the dropdown menu.Things I've tried without success;Get-AppxPackage -allusers...
  3. Windows spotlight missing from lock screen dropdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight missing from lock screen dropdown: Despite not being enrolled or managed by any organization. Windows Settings claims my settings are managed by one, and the option to use Windows Spotlight is missing entirely from the dropdown menu.Things I've tried without success;``Get-AppxPackage -allusers...
  4. Windows Spotlight missing "Like What You See?" and image information.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Spotlight missing "Like What You See?" and image information.: To clarify the issue, when I lock my computer it is successfully showing the spotlight images and they change periodically. What it is failing to do is display the like/dislike and image information overlay. It is still showing the Date/Time in the lower left and network info...
  5. Windows spotlight desktop icon is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight desktop icon is missing: I have latest build of windows 11 22H2 version.few months ago, when the windows spotlight for desktop was introduced, it had few glitches. one of them was where i had the option to delete the desktop icon saying "learn more about this picture" it was a temporary bug in...
  6. Windows spotlight desktop icon is missing

Windows spotlight desktop icon is missing: I have latest build of windows 11 22H2 version.few months ago, when the windows spotlight for desktop was introduced, it had few glitches. one of them was where i had the option to delete the desktop icon saying "learn more about this picture" it was a temporary bug in...
  7. The Windows Spotlight desktop shortcut is now missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Windows Spotlight desktop shortcut is now missing: On the latest stable release, I played around with the new spotlight background feature that can be enabled from the personalisation section of the settings app.I noticed that I had a new icon on my desktop that was for switching to the next picture and searching about the...
  8. The Windows Spotlight desktop shortcut is now missing

The Windows Spotlight desktop shortcut is now missing: On the latest stable release, I played around with the new spotlight background feature that can be enabled from the personalisation section of the settings app.I noticed that I had a new icon on my desktop that was for switching to the next picture and searching about the...
  9. Icons above the clickable words missing on Windows Spotlight on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons above the clickable words missing on Windows Spotlight on Windows 11: Hi all.Recently I noticed that the Icons above the dialogue box on Windows spotlight were missing. This only happens to dialogue boxes that have to do with Microsoft rewards. It only shows a outlined rectanglesee image below. However, it correctly displays a magnifying glass...
  10. Icons above the clickable words missing on Windows Spotlight on Windows 11

Icons above the clickable words missing on Windows Spotlight on Windows 11: Hi all.Recently I noticed that the Icons above the dialogue box on Windows spotlight were missing. This only happens to dialogue boxes that have to do with Microsoft rewards. It only shows a outlined rectanglesee image below. However, it correctly displays a magnifying glass...