Windows 10: Windows Spotlight links don't work

Discus and support Windows Spotlight links don't work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! My Windows Spotlight for lock screen works changes pictures but I can't see links Like what you see and etc.. What is solution? Thanks! :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MilenaLazarevicc, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Windows Spotlight links don't work

Hi! My Windows Spotlight for lock screen works changes pictures but I can't see links Like what you see and etc.. What is solution? Thanks! :

:)

MilenaLazarevicc, Oct 24, 2021

2. Windows spotlight not work!!

Yes friend all these steps working for me.check these path , first path for check : C:\Windows\Web\Screen (find the stuck image and rename it) , or second path " C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\ " at this path you will se two main folders check all these folder at all and you will find the image there.Rename or delete the image stuck only.After re-register again the spotlight and wait after some restart.Something last i had the same problem and delete the registry folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Creative\S-1-5-21-1367095634-179868200-954147944-1001" and do a restart after all these step the spotlight download again new images and start working again.Please make a backup first at register.before delete everything.

mitsaras78, Oct 24, 2021
  3. GabePM Win User
    Windows spotlight not work!!

Hi mitsaras78! Thanks for your reply and input. Even after following the steps you suggested I wasn´t able to delete some pictures from hidden folders (I even tried changing Security Settings from Properties of some of these pictures, but no success deleting). I ended up reformatting my laptop and installing a fresh Windows 10 two days ago. The formatting and installation was performed by a technician from the university where I work and now I have a license for Windows 10 from my university. The version installed was 1809 and I upgraded to version 1903 by Windows Update.
    Spotlight seems to be changing pictures on a daily basis (it showed 2 different images until now) but the features “Like what you see?” and additional information about the image that normally is displayed are missing. I searched the web (for instance How to turn on Windows Spotlight Like What You See option.) and found a proposed solution by changing the Registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Lock Screen\Creative. However, in my machine using this path to \Lock Screen doesn’t have a folder Creative. Is this the source of the problem? Do you have any solution to get the “Like what you see?” feature working?

GabePM, Oct 24, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows Spotlight links don't work

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows Spotlight links don't work

1. Windows Spotlight links don't work - Similar Threads - Spotlight links don't

2. Link to Windows pins don't work, help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link to Windows pins don't work, help?: Alright, I'm trying to connect my Galaxy S22 to my laptop. When I scan the qr code on my phone, it brings me to a pin input screen, but nothing happens when I tap it and I can't type anything. When I try to do it manually, the laptop gives me a different pin, which is fine,...
  3. Link to Windows pins don't work, help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link to Windows pins don't work, help?: Alright, I'm trying to connect my Galaxy S22 to my laptop. When I scan the qr code on my phone, it brings me to a pin input screen, but nothing happens when I tap it and I can't type anything. When I try to do it manually, the laptop gives me a different pin, which is fine,...
  4. Windows Spotlight links don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight links don't work: Hi! My Windows Spotlight for lock screen works changes pictures but I can't see links Like what you see and etc.. What is solution? Thanks! : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-links-dont-work/ea389998-7d17-45af-bf80-2230639eb260
  5. Windows Spotlight links don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight links don't work: Hi! My Windows Spotlight for lock screen works changes pictures but I can't see links Like what you see and etc.. What is solution? Thanks! : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-links-dont-work/ea389998-7d17-45af-bf80-2230639eb260
  6. windows spotlight not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows spotlight not working: So, My windows spotlight doesn't work when the computer starts , it shows the default windows 11 wallpaper but when i go to lock screen again after 15 min of started of pc the wallpaper changes to spotlight one can somebody help? thanks!...
  7. Windows Mail links don't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Mail links don't work: A few days ago, Windows Mail links stopped working. The links themselves are fine and correct as I can copy a link and paste it in any browser and it resolves correctly. I tried a suggestion I had read earlier where I removed a mail account and re-added it, but that didn't...
  8. Windows Spotlight Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Spotlight Not Working: The windows spotlight feature on my PC isn’t working, it either shows a blank blue screen or the mountain picture I’m sure everyone has seen before. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to fix it? I’m short of ideas besides wiping my computer, which is rather...
  9. Lock screen spotlight links not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen spotlight links not working: The links on my spotlight lock screen do not work anymore. Previously, when I would click on them, it would make me sign in, then immediately bring up Edge and go to the link. It doesn't do this anymore. It makes me sign in, but doesn't bring up Edge anymore, instead it...
  10. Windows Spotlight Not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight Not working.: Windows spotlight not working on my Windows 10 1909 even after deleting the files in content delivery manager folder (assets folder). After deleting the files, only an accent colour (chosen from desktop background) is seen on the lock seen. Please help me with this issue....