Windows 10: Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change

Discus and support Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have seen a lot of answers to this question and the only answer is what I list below. If you want to change the pictures that are shown by Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CloudInventor, May 9, 2021.

1. Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change

I have seen a lot of answers to this question and the only answer is what I list below. If you want to change the pictures that are shown by Microsoft and have your own picture shown on startup on the lock screen then you are going to have to alter some folders and delete Microsoft's pictures and replace them with yours. If you like the Microsoft pictures then you can back them up. The first folder you need to visit is where the assets are stored and delete them. If the folder is empty then that is good - if not then delete everything that is in there. Let's begin.1. Use t

:)

CloudInventor, May 9, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, May 9, 2021
  3. Wynona Win User
    Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .

I think I may be reading wrong, Mothie. Do you have the lock screen set to a picture in Microsoft's "spotlight" or do you have one of your own pictures set as the lock screen?

When I have my lock screen set to show Microsoft Spotlight, it occasionally changes the picture; however, when I have one of my own pictures set, it never changes. Here is mine . . .

Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change [​IMG]

Note that I have a choice between Windows spotlight, Picture and Slideshow. I've chosen picture, used one of my own (uploaded by a member of TF) and it never changes.

Wynona, May 9, 2021
  4. Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change

Lock screen stuck on picture. I chose the Windows Spotlight option.

Try these steps:

• In Personalization->Lock Screen settings change Background to Picture.
    • Delete everything from folder

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_<somecharacters>\Settings
    • In Personalization->Lock Screen settings change Background back to Windows Spotlight

293a3c4d-30fd-4eea-9279-6d8867de5823, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change

1. Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change - Similar Threads - Spotlight lock screen

2. Windows lock screen picture won't change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows lock screen picture won't change: I have seen a lot of answers to this question and the only answer is what I list below. If you want to change the pictures that are shown by Microsoft and have your own picture shown on startup on the lock screen then you are going to have to alter some folders and delete...
  3. Windows Spotlight lock screen pictures

Windows Spotlight lock screen pictures: Hey all, Not really a problem just curiosity. I have the Windows Spotlight as my lock screen picture which means Microsoft downloads a new picture every day and as such it changes. Does anyone else's 'picture of the day' sometimes stays on for a few days, then changes?...
  4. Lock screen won't change to Windows Spotlight

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen won't change to Windows Spotlight: Hi, Anyone else got the problem with the lock screen stuck on one image. I have tried changing it to Windows Spotlight, which is an option in the dropdown list, but then as soon as I navigate away from the Lock Screen settings page, it reverts to a lock screen picture, and...
  5. Windows Spotlight, picture won't change

Windows Spotlight, picture won't change: When my laptop is connected to the Wi-Fi, the picture in Windows Spotlight is changing regularly. But when I connected to the internet via a cable, the picture go stuck. How to change something so that I can find a new picture when I start my laptop?...
  6. Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.

Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.: My Lock Screen (Windows Spotlight) picture used to change weekly, but now it does not change anymore. It just stays on an old picture that I have seen when I first built my PC. Anyone know why? 136195
  7. Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.: My Lock Screen (Windows Spotlight) picture used to change weekly, but now it does not change anymore. It just stays on an old picture that I have seen when I first built my PC. Anyone know why? 136195
  8. Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .

Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .: *DohHi,hope everyone fine. just a quickie question; I notice that occasionally when booting up, my lock screen picture changes from the "picture" it is set on to Microsofts "spotlight picture", which is not set to do so in "Settings". Any ideas? Many thanks. 127326
  9. Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .: *DohHi,hope everyone fine. just a quickie question; I notice that occasionally when booting up, my lock screen picture changes from the "picture" it is set on to Microsofts "spotlight picture", which is not set to do so in "Settings". Any ideas? Many thanks. 127326
  10. Windows Spotlight won't change the picture

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight won't change the picture: Hi there, I got a HP notebook with Windows 10 and since half a month Windows Spotlight is broken and won't change the picture. I already uninstalled the update that Windows downloaded previous to when described problem occured. But Spotlight still sticks to the same picture....