Windows 10: Windows Spotlight missing from dropdown menu

Discus and support Windows Spotlight missing from dropdown menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've just rebuild from scratch my computer. I've installed the Windows 10 Pro N version and now I've no way to activate Windows SpotLight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Maosh Garyx, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Windows Spotlight missing from dropdown menu

Hello,

I've just rebuild from scratch my computer. I've installed the Windows 10 Pro N version and now I've no way to activate Windows SpotLight anymore. Before the format&reinstall it was working regularly.

Now there's no option available in the dropdown menù at all... just "picture" and "slideshow" (see the picture below).

I already tried to run the System File Checker, but no errors were found.

I also tried to delete the settings and the assets in \AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\ and then run the command (from an administrative PowerShell):

1. Get-AppxPackage -allusers *ContentDeliveryManager* | foreach {Add-AppxPackage "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode -register }

but it downloads only the setting files and nothing more, no option in the dropdown and no activation available, even after a reboot.

Any suggestions on how to add it manually or how to solve this problem? I find SpotLight really relaxing and interesting...

Windows Spotlight missing from dropdown menu 9dafbbff-8cc8-4a39-b4c7-e894f6625571?upload=true.png

:)

Maosh Garyx, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Jessen P Win User

Windows Spotlight Not Working/ Changing Back to "Picture" Setting

Hi Zach,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

The above issue might occur if you have any corrupted/missing app files & folders conflicting with the system Settings on the computer.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Personalization and click on Lock screen from the left side panel of the window.
    • From the dropdown bar under Background, select
      Picture
      and wait for the picture preview to be shown under Preview on the same window.
    • From the same dropdown bar, select Windows Spotlight and wait for the preview picture to be shown under
      Preview.
    • Lock the screen by pressing Windows logo + L keys on the keyboard and check if the changes are effective.

Please revert if you face any issues with Windows Spotlight in future.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Windows Spotlight missing from dropdown menu

welcome screen is not asking if i like the spotlight choice

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why your laptop is not asking if you like the spotlight choice might be because the Windows spotlight is not set as your lock screen background. To address this concern, we suggest enabling Windows spotlight as your lock screen
    background. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization and then select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, click on the drop down menu and make sure to click on Windows spotlight.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Darleen Pen, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows Spotlight missing from dropdown menu

1. Windows Spotlight missing from dropdown menu - Similar Threads - Spotlight missing dropdown

2. Windows spotlight missing from lock screen dropdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spotlight missing from lock screen dropdown: Despite not being enrolled or managed by any organization. Windows Settings claims my settings are managed by one, and the option to use Windows Spotlight is missing entirely from the dropdown menu.Things I've tried without success;Get-AppxPackage -allusers...
  3. Windows spotlight missing from lock screen dropdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight missing from lock screen dropdown: Despite not being enrolled or managed by any organization. Windows Settings claims my settings are managed by one, and the option to use Windows Spotlight is missing entirely from the dropdown menu.Things I've tried without success;``Get-AppxPackage -allusers...
  4. Dropdown option/menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropdown option/menu: Hey guys!!!Need help Dropdown option/menu is not showing whenever I click the button to drop it down nothing is showing on all browsers only on webpages but when I used other computers it's ok only this computer...
  5. Dropdown option/menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropdown option/menu: Hey guys!!!Need help Dropdown option/menu is not showing whenever I click the button to drop it down nothing is showing on all browsers only on webpages but when I used other computers it's ok only this computer...
  6. Spotlight option in dropdown not available... Any Help??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Spotlight option in dropdown not available... Any Help??: I am using windows 10 pro education and I realised that I do not have the option ofspotlight in "Personalisation". [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-option-in-dropdown-not-available-any/9f95c40b-9beb-4195-bd96-914414b96750
  7. Windows update dropdown menu is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update dropdown menu is not working: Hiii When i open services.msc after that right click on windows update then select properties after that i am unable to change startup type like manual . Disable etc. How can resilve this issues Please help me any one Thanks...
  8. windows spotlight feature is missing from the dropdown selection

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows spotlight feature is missing from the dropdown selection: windows spotlight feature is missing from the dropdown selection; WinVersion 1909 build: 18363.329 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-feature-is-missing-from-the/e7c12da5-227b-4649-885e-d1015ac49262
  9. Spacing in dropdown menu's in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Spacing in dropdown menu's in Edge: Is there a method whereby I can reduce the spacing in the drop down menu's in Edge browser? [img] I much prefer the closer spacing as used in Firefox! [img] 34814
  10. Word dropdown menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Word dropdown menu: Hi, I hope somebody can help me. i created a dropdown menu with some questions. i did this in WORD. However i only see the dropdown menu when i'm pointed with my cursor on the dropdown menu. how can i make sure the dropdown menu is shown als always? i hope somebody can...