Windows 10: Windows Spotlight missing "Like What You See?" and image information.

Discus and support Windows Spotlight missing "Like What You See?" and image information. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; To clarify the issue, when I lock my computer it is successfully showing the spotlight images and they change periodically. What it is failing to do is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CapinWinky, May 30, 2023.

1. Windows Spotlight missing "Like What You See?" and image information.

To clarify the issue, when I lock my computer it is successfully showing the spotlight images and they change periodically. What it is failing to do is display the like/dislike and image information overlay. It is still showing the Date/Time in the lower left and network info in the lower right.

Things I have tried that didn't work:

• Enabled not requiring Ctrl+Alt+Del on sign-in
    • Allowed Lock screen to show my email address in privacy settings
    • Cleared the Content Delivery assets and settings
    • SFC + DISM
    • Make sure metered connection is turned off
    • The package install with Powershell
    • I don't even have the ..\Lockscreen\Creative folder in my registry and you probably don't either because that information is years out of date
    • Googled this issue every 6 months or so for the last 6 years and tried all the "fixes" to no avail

Of the hundreds of threads here and elsewhere about this, I've seen zero instances of someone with working images and no UX overlay succeed in getting the UX back. Does someone know an actual fix for this? Is the overlay a different package from the image loading maybe?

I've been living with this for years and years and I haven't particularly cared, but the last several images have been really bad. I viscerally hated them and the only way to change them was to delete the ContentDelivery assets so it had to download new ones and that is inconvenient.

submitted by /u/CapinWinky
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CapinWinky, May 30, 2023
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 30, 2023
  3. welcome screen is not asking if i like the spotlight choice

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why your laptop is not asking if you like the spotlight choice might be because the Windows spotlight is not set as your lock screen background. To address this concern, we suggest enabling Windows spotlight as your lock screen
    background. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization and then select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, click on the drop down menu and make sure to click on Windows spotlight.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Darleen Pen, May 30, 2023
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows Spotlight missing "Like What You See?" and image information.

Windows Spotlight image stuck

Hi Robin,

Windows Spotlight frequently changes the photos using
    Bing
    to provide an image-of-the-day giving everyone a fresher look every time they access their computers. This feature is dependent on the Internet connection and without it, you won’t be able to get yourself that special nature scenery.

Furthermore, we suggest following the steps below to resolve the issue:

• Right-click on the Start Menu.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the following commands (Wait for the process to finish before proceeding to the next steps.):
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, click Enter.
      • Sfc /scannow, click Enter.
      • Powershell, click Enter.
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
        then click Enter.
      • Restart the computer after the process.
    Don't hesitate to inform us on how it goes.

Mayra Aqu, May 30, 2023
Thema:

Windows Spotlight missing "Like What You See?" and image information.

1. Windows Spotlight missing "Like What You See?" and image information. - Similar Threads - Spotlight missing image

2. On the lock screen with windows spotlight under like the image that you see box there are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On the lock screen with windows spotlight under like the image that you see box there are...: On the lock screen with windows spotlight under like the image that you see box there are placeholder line going completly off im on a i7 11 th gen 16 gb ddr4 ram 1 tb forsee ssd intel wifi 6 intel iris xe graphics tiger lake 80 eu...
  3. Windows Spotlight "Like What You See" Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight "Like What You See" Missing: Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.746) A few months ago I took an update (not sure which one), but it was an update that enabled a sign-on feature that required a user to send "ctrl+alt+del" in order to login. Previously, we could enter our PIN by simply pressing...
  4. Windows Spotlight "Like What You See" Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Spotlight "Like What You See" Missing: Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.746) A few months ago I took an update (not sure which one), but it was an update that enabled a sign-on feature that required a user to send "ctrl+alt+del" in order to login. Previously, we could enter our PIN by simply pressing...
  5. No "Like what you see?" on Windows Spotlight lockscreen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No "Like what you see?" on Windows Spotlight lockscreen: "Like what you see?" does not appear on Windows lock screen. How do I fix. Using Windows 10 Enterprise here. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-like-what-you-see-on-windows-spotlight/780e0f55-6720-47f8-a856-17b2be5add09
  6. Windows Spotlight "Like what you see?" option is missing

Windows Spotlight "Like what you see?" option is missing: My windows10 is correctly showing the Windows Spotlight images on the lock screen but is not showing the "LIKE WHAT YOU SEE" and other details. The OS is at Windows 10 Pro version 2004 OS Build 19041.329 I have tried using below two methods...
  7. "Like what you see" is missing on Windows Spotlight

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Like what you see" is missing on Windows Spotlight: Hi All, I want to have "Like what you see" on the Windows Spotlight. It seems the "Like what you see" feature disappear in Windows 10. Anyone can help me to enable it again? Thank you....
  8. How to turn on Windows Spotlight Like What You See option

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn on Windows Spotlight Like What You See option: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some of the breathtaking images are brought directly to your PC screen via Spotlight feature in Windows 10. You can even explore personalized image results based on your interest by configuring ‘Like what you see’ option on the Lock Screen. [...] This post...
  9. Windows Spotlight: "like what you see" missing & what pictures are shown

Windows Spotlight: "like what you see" missing & what pictures are shown: Hi, I have two questions concerning Windows Spotlight: (1) I no longer get the "like what you see" link on the Windows Spotlight lock screen. Can this be enabled/disabled somewhere? (2) The pictures I see, are different from the pictures my colleagues see. How come?...
  10. "Like what you see?" missing

"Like what you see?" missing: Can I please have assistance to restore "Like what you see?" on the lock screen / spotlight? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/like-what-you-see-missing/daf28175-b9cc-4907-8a00-ce0f120d9bbd