Windows 10: windows spotlight not changing

Discus and support windows spotlight not changing in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have tried all the ways to repair the windows spotlight problem but nothing worked and it is always same photo even I reset my windows totally but... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Alaa Alhaj Maolod, Nov 20, 2020.

1. windows spotlight not changing

I have tried all the ways to repair the windows spotlight problem but nothing worked and it is always same photo

even I reset my windows totally but nothing changed and it worked for only one time it changed the photo one time only then got frozen again on the same photo

Please how can I fix this issue

:)

Alaa Alhaj Maolod, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Windows Spotlight stopped changing images

Hello,

To address your concern with Windows Spotlight, we suggest that you follow the suggestion of
    Michael Metz on this link
    for possible troubleshooting steps.

Get us back with the update.

Marvin Barc, Nov 20, 2020
  4. windows spotlight not changing

Windows spotlight not changing

I tried all steps in here:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click onPersonalization.
    3. Click onLock screen.
    4. Under "Background," make sure Windows Spotlight is NOT selected and change the option toPicture orSlideshow

5. Use the Windows key + Rkeyboard shortcut to open theRuncommand.

6. Type the following path and clickOK.

%USERPROFILE%/AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets

7. Select all the files(Ctrl + A)and hit theDelete key to clear all old images (if applicable).

8. Use the Windows key + Rkeyboard shortcut to open theRuncommand again.

9. Type the following path to where the Windows Spotlight settings are stored and clickOK.

%USERPROFILE%/AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings

10. Right-clicksettings.datandroaming.lockindividually, then clickRenameand name themsettings.dat.bakandroaming.lock.bak.
    11. Restart your computer.
    12. OpenSettings.
    13. Click onPersonalization.
    14. Click onLock screen.
    Under "Background," make sure to enable Windows Spotlight.

Solution 2

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click onPersonalization.
    3. Click onLock screen.

4. Under "Background," make sure to enableWindows Spotlight. (If you don't enable the feature, you're likely to get an error while running the PowerShell command.)
    5. Open Start.
    6. Search forWindows PowerShell, right-click the result, and selectRun as administrator.
    7. Enter the following command and press Enter to reset the Windows Spotlight:

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *ContentDeliveryManager* | foreach {Add-AppxPackage "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode -register
    Restart your computer. I have tried these 2 solutions but the windows spotlight didn't change so can you explain and fix it?

KevincraftDapper, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

windows spotlight not changing

1. windows spotlight not changing - Similar Threads - spotlight changing

2. Windows Spotlight - Image doesn't change.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight - Image doesn't change.: Hey, Since i got my new pc the image remain the same. I tried dozen of differnt solutions but nothing worked. Then one day it started to work and the images changed daily. But after a while it stopped again and I wasn't able to make windows spotlight ever since. I've...
  3. I changed the lock screen background by accident and I preferred the windows Spotlight...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I changed the lock screen background by accident and I preferred the windows Spotlight...: Hi guys, so today when i was changing my normal desktop background, by accident i also clicked on the button to apply that image to the lock screen too... I had windows Spotlight activated before and I actually liked to see the very different backgrounds every time I logged...
  4. Windows spotlight not changing

Windows spotlight not changing: I tried all steps in here: Open Settings. Click onPersonalization. Click onLock screen. Under "Background," make sure Windows Spotlight is NOT selected and change the option toPicture orSlideshow Use the Windows key + Rkeyboard shortcut to open theRuncommand....
  5. Changing Lockscreen, disabling spotlight

Changing Lockscreen, disabling spotlight: submitted by /u/ILeftMyRoomForThis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/igqfmf/changing_lockscreen_disabling_spotlight/
  6. Lock screen won't change to Windows Spotlight

Lock screen won't change to Windows Spotlight: Hi, Anyone else got the problem with the lock screen stuck on one image. I have tried changing it to Windows Spotlight, which is an option in the dropdown list, but then as soon as I navigate away from the Lock Screen settings page, it reverts to a lock screen picture, and...
  7. Lockscreen won't change Windows Spotlight photo

Lockscreen won't change Windows Spotlight photo: I've been stuck on the same Windows Spotlight photo for like three weeks. In my customization settings for the lockscreen, it always reverts back to "Photo" when I set it on Windows Spotlight. Any idea how to fix this and get the spotlight photo slideshows back? submitted...
  8. Could This Be Why the Spotlight Image Does Not Change?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Could This Be Why the Spotlight Image Does Not Change?: Like some other Windows 10 users, my Windows Spotlight image stopped refreshing shortly after my recent clean install of Windows 10. The image never changes, and neither do the 'feature suggestions, fun facts and tips.' In Settings > Personalization > Lock screen >...
  9. Windows 10 Spotlight Image does not change automatically

Windows 10 Spotlight Image does not change automatically: Hi Team, Good day, I hope, all of you are safe and doing well. Please note, I had tried all the parameter towards solving this issue, However not yet succeed. I am using Dell Latitude E5470 with Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Built 18363.752 The spotlight image is not...
  10. Windows Spotlight, picture won't change

Windows Spotlight, picture won't change: When my laptop is connected to the Wi-Fi, the picture in Windows Spotlight is changing regularly. But when I connected to the internet via a cable, the picture go stuck. How to change something so that I can find a new picture when I start my laptop?...