Windows 10: windows spotlight not changing

Discus and support windows spotlight not changing in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have tried all the ways to repair the windows spotlight problem but nothing worked and it is always same photo even I reset my windows totally but... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Alaa Alhaj Maolod, Nov 20, 2020.

1. windows spotlight not changing

I have tried all the ways to repair the windows spotlight problem but nothing worked and it is always same photo

even I reset my windows totally but nothing changed and it worked for only one time it changed the photo one time only then got frozen again on the same photo

Please how can I fix this issue

:)

Alaa Alhaj Maolod, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Windows Spotlight stopped changing images

Hello,

To address your concern with Windows Spotlight, we suggest that you follow the suggestion of
    Michael Metz on this link
    for possible troubleshooting steps.

Get us back with the update.

Marvin Barc, Nov 20, 2020
  4. windows spotlight not changing

Windows spotlight not changing

I tried all steps in here:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click onPersonalization.
    3. Click onLock screen.
    4. Under "Background," make sure Windows Spotlight is NOT selected and change the option toPicture orSlideshow

5. Use the Windows key + Rkeyboard shortcut to open theRuncommand.

6. Type the following path and clickOK.

%USERPROFILE%/AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets

7. Select all the files(Ctrl + A)and hit theDelete key to clear all old images (if applicable).

8. Use the Windows key + Rkeyboard shortcut to open theRuncommand again.

9. Type the following path to where the Windows Spotlight settings are stored and clickOK.

%USERPROFILE%/AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings

10. Right-clicksettings.datandroaming.lockindividually, then clickRenameand name themsettings.dat.bakandroaming.lock.bak.
    11. Restart your computer.
    12. OpenSettings.
    13. Click onPersonalization.
    14. Click onLock screen.
    Under "Background," make sure to enable Windows Spotlight.

Solution 2

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click onPersonalization.
    3. Click onLock screen.

4. Under "Background," make sure to enableWindows Spotlight. (If you don't enable the feature, you're likely to get an error while running the PowerShell command.)
    5. Open Start.
    6. Search forWindows PowerShell, right-click the result, and selectRun as administrator.
    7. Enter the following command and press Enter to reset the Windows Spotlight:

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *ContentDeliveryManager* | foreach {Add-AppxPackage "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode -register
    Restart your computer. I have tried these 2 solutions but the windows spotlight didn't change so can you explain and fix it?

KevincraftDapper, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

windows spotlight not changing

1. windows spotlight not changing - Similar Threads - spotlight changing

2. Why would my Window11's wallpaper settings changes? Picture automatically changes to Spotlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why would my Window11's wallpaper settings changes? Picture automatically changes to Spotlight: My PC is for gaming. I have been using it for a long time without any trouble.My wallpaper settings were never changed. Its always the DEFAULTS settings - PictureHowever, It was changed to spotlight automatically on yesterday. And i didnt change any settings.Also, My PC didnt...
  3. Why would my Window11's wallpaper settings changes? Picture automatically changes to Spotlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why would my Window11's wallpaper settings changes? Picture automatically changes to Spotlight: My PC is for gaming. I have been using it for a long time without any trouble.My wallpaper settings were never changed. Its always the DEFAULTS settings - PictureHowever, It was changed to spotlight automatically on yesterday. And i didnt change any settings.Also, My PC didnt...
  4. My windows spotlight on windows 11 cannot be changed, there is only 1 default image, how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows spotlight on windows 11 cannot be changed, there is only 1 default image, how...: please help me on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-spotlight-on-windows-11-cannot-be/fe396b3d-995b-490f-a079-965685ba1c3b
  5. My windows spotlight on windows 11 cannot be changed, there is only 1 default image, how...

My windows spotlight on windows 11 cannot be changed, there is only 1 default image, how...: please help me on lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-spotlight-on-windows-11-cannot-be/fe396b3d-995b-490f-a079-965685ba1c3b
  6. my images are not changing in Windows Spotlight.

my images are not changing in Windows Spotlight.: My background images on my home screen are now longer changing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-images-are-not-changing-in-windows-spotlight/952bfb8d-63e4-450b-a9d9-bf27be03d1eb
  7. my images are not changing in Windows Spotlight.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my images are not changing in Windows Spotlight.: My background images on my home screen are now longer changing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-images-are-not-changing-in-windows-spotlight/952bfb8d-63e4-450b-a9d9-bf27be03d1eb
  8. Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?: I've been getting the Windows Spotlight background images for a very long time, but I've recently seen a change in the behavior of this feature. For one, I now see the "like what you see" question posed for the same picture multiple times. It used to be that when I responded...
  9. Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?

Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?: I've been getting the Windows Spotlight background images for a very long time, but I've recently seen a change in the behavior of this feature. For one, I now see the "like what you see" question posed for the same picture multiple times. It used to be that when I responded...
  10. Changes in behavior of the Windows Spotlight feature?

in Windows 10 Customization