Windows 10: windows spotlight not working as intended?

Discus and support windows spotlight not working as intended? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; windows spotlight works when locking the screen from the desktop. but will not show on the lockscreen when booting up. steps taking. refreshed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dskiller, Nov 18, 2015.

1. dskiller Win User

windows spotlight not working as intended?

windows spotlight works when locking the screen from the desktop. but will not show on the lockscreen when booting up.

steps taking.

refreshed system with deleting everything.

sfc detected no problems

dism no problems.

:)

dskiller, Nov 18, 2015
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Windows spotlight not working in Windows 10

windows spotlight not working. i have already changed my lock screen settings to windows spotlight.

Original title: Windows spotlight

HamzaBatth, Nov 18, 2015
  4. mykou Win User

same here

windows 10 pro 1511

mykou, Nov 19, 2015
  5. Jairus24 Win User
    I believe it is working as intended, the behavior of Windows Spotlight is already like that since they released it.

Jairus24, Nov 19, 2015
  6. I don't think so. My husbands laptop has a Windows Spotlight image on booting up whereas I only get it on locking the desktop. When my computer boots up it just shows always the same default image (beach cave).

So the behavior at the beginning of this thread is not the intended one.

BTW, my computer started out with the correct behavior but somewhere along the lines it got stuck with the same image. It's bugging the hell out of me... windows spotlight not working as intended? o_O I's bugging me so much I am considering a fresh install of Windows 10. :\ And this would be my third one... Never in my whole life of using windows I had to do this 3 times...

Harrierbird, Dec 8, 2015
  7. shmaun Win User
    I did a clean install with the fall update build and I still have the same problem. Windows spotlight if I lock manually - The same picture every time if I boot the computer. It's a shame every time I turn my computer the first thing I see is a bug. Every day.

Incidentally same thing with my laptop. My tablet ?!?! I use the key on the side to turn it off and on. ie sleep. Sometimes I get the same picture sometimes I get windows spotlight. Can't work out why yet.

shmaun, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows spotlight not working as intended? - Similar Threads - spotlight working intended

2. GPO not working as intended

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPO not working as intended: First of all. My English is not at good level when I need to write something so I used ChatGPT.Here is my first problem:I will set up a GPO on the server: For example, Enable logon using a practical PIN code. Then, execute gpupdate /force. The policy is applied and...
  3. Keyboard works as not intended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard works as not intended: HelloMy keyboard acts weird.My right shift key acts as my caps lock, my left shift key acts like my F1 key.And my tab key and escape key works as a pause/play key for videos on youtube and netflix and other.Already try this solution...
  4. Keyboard works as not intended

Keyboard works as not intended: HelloMy keyboard acts weird.My right shift key acts as my caps lock, my left shift key acts like my F1 key.And my tab key and escape key works as a pause/play key for videos on youtube and netflix and other.Already try this solution...
  5. Headset not working as intended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset not working as intended: Hi! my computer has two headphone jacks, when I plugged my headset in I was asked to choose what it was. I choose Headphones and went out of the tab, only to discover I couldn't use the Microphone with the headset. I plugged it into the other jack and it asked me again, I...
  6. Headset not working as intended

Headset not working as intended: Hi! my computer has two headphone jacks, when I plugged my headset in I was asked to choose what it was. I choose Headphones and went out of the tab, only to discover I couldn't use the Microphone with the headset. I plugged it into the other jack and it asked me again, I...
  7. xCopy not working as intended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xCopy not working as intended: Today, I tried to copy all folders that were inside another folder, but the command doesn't work. It just says "0 Files copied". Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xcopy-not-working-as-intended/b5fc6b0d-209a-466b-bde8-02b54a908bac
  8. xCopy not working as intended

xCopy not working as intended: Today, I tried to copy all folders that were inside another folder, but the command doesn't work. It just says "0 Files copied". Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xcopy-not-working-as-intended/b5fc6b0d-209a-466b-bde8-02b54a908bac
  9. xCopy not working as intended

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Properties not working as intended.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Properties not working as intended.: Hello, I have been trying to set an application to always run as administrator. I already have gone to the file location and opened up properties however, the shortcuts bar cannot be found. I can also not run the application without administrator either. Please help me....