Windows 10: Windows Spotlight not working in Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2

Discus and support Windows Spotlight not working in Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,I am having an issue with a newly installed Windows 10 OS. It is Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2. The OS build is 19042.1165 with Windows Experience pack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by azeemkhan2, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Windows Spotlight not working in Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2

Hi,I am having an issue with a newly installed Windows 10 OS. It is Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2. The OS build is 19042.1165 with Windows Experience pack 120.2212.3530.0.The system is running perfectly fine. What I noticed is that Windows Spotlight "fun fact" or "like what you see" is missing from the lock screen. Although Spotlight changes the background to a new image, "fun fact" or "like what you see" is missing.I checked on all forums and the experts mentioned to re-register the spotlight setting. I did tried to do that but the issue still remains.Can someone please help me out?Regards,Azeem

:)

azeemkhan2, Aug 26, 2021

2. Windows spotlight not work!!

Yes friend all these steps working for me.check these path , first path for check : C:\Windows\Web\Screen (find the stuck image and rename it) , or second path " C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\ " at this path you will se two main folders check all these folder at all and you will find the image there.Rename or delete the image stuck only.After re-register again the spotlight and wait after some restart.Something last i had the same problem and delete the registry folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Creative\S-1-5-21-1367095634-179868200-954147944-1001" and do a restart after all these step the spotlight download again new images and start working again.Please make a backup first at register.before delete everything.

mitsaras78, Aug 26, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 26, 2021
  4. DAI
    Dai Win User

Windows Spotlight not working in Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2

Windows 10 Enterprise Spotlight stopped working

You're running Windows 10 Enterprise. This is relevant because the Spotlight Group Policy settings only work on Enterprise and Education editions, so it's possible you have a policy set that disables it.

1. Run rsop.msc
    2. Check the locations (policy paths) listed in this article: Group Policy settings that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education Editions (Windows 10) - Windows Client Management for any enabled policies that would disable Windows Spotlight, specifically:
      1. User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Cloud Content > Configure Spotlight on lock screen
      2. User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Cloud Content > Turn off all Windows Spotlight features
      3. Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization > Do not display the lock screen
      4. Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Search\Don't search the web or display web results

Thema:

Windows Spotlight not working in Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2

1. Windows Spotlight not working in Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 - Similar Threads - Spotlight working Enterprise

2. Windows Spotlight not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight not working: in Settings>Personalization>Background, I am not able to switch the 'Personalize your background' to Spotlight. When i click the list next to 'Personalize your background' and click on 'Windows Spotlight', This is what happens :- It won't let me select the 'Windows Spotlight'...
  3. Windows 10 Spotlight Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Spotlight Not Working: I have already tried this, but it does not work. Now my lock screen only shows a gray screen with time and other things. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-spotlight-not-working/cf7fb1c1-4e78-4667-9981-0dab9313d35a
  4. Windows 10 Spotlight Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Spotlight Not Working: I have already tried this, but it does not work. Now my lock screen only shows a gray screen with time and other things. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-spotlight-not-working/cf7fb1c1-4e78-4667-9981-0dab9313d35a
  5. Windows 10 Spotlight Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. windows spotlight not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows spotlight not working: So, My windows spotlight doesn't work when the computer starts , it shows the default windows 11 wallpaper but when i go to lock screen again after 15 min of started of pc the wallpaper changes to spotlight one can somebody help? thanks!...
  7. Windows Spotlight not working on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight not working on Windows 10: My Windows Spotlight hasn't been working for a while. Initially I thought it'd be fixed automatically, but it didn't work out. When I lock my laptop using Windows+L, all I see is the Spotlight picture, the time and my battery and connection details. There is no information...
  8. Windows Spotlight Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Spotlight Not Working: The windows spotlight feature on my PC isn’t working, it either shows a blank blue screen or the mountain picture I’m sure everyone has seen before. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to fix it? I’m short of ideas besides wiping my computer, which is rather...
  9. Windows 10 Spotlight not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Spotlight not working: New installation of Windows 10 Pro v1909 Windows Spotlight images do not appear on lock screen. Not a domain member so no group policy settings apply. I have tried the 'reset spotlight folder' as suggested in other posts. Is there a service that I can enable debug...
  10. Windows Spotlight Not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight Not working.: Windows spotlight not working on my Windows 10 1909 even after deleting the files in content delivery manager folder (assets folder). After deleting the files, only an accent colour (chosen from desktop background) is seen on the lock seen. Please help me with this issue....