Windows 10: Windows Spotlight not working. Is switching back to picture

Discus and support Windows Spotlight not working. Is switching back to picture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This problem started a year ago and whenever I try to switch the lockscreen setting to Windows Spotlight it switches back to picture when I click other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Florin Adenis, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Windows Spotlight not working. Is switching back to picture

This problem started a year ago and whenever I try to switch the lockscreen setting to Windows Spotlight it switches back to picture when I click other tabs. The Windows Spotlight setting just doesn't want to stay on.

Also I must say that I disabled a lot of settings from windows 10 so I don't lag while I play games. I followed a Windows Optimization guide on YouTube (latest by TechYesCity) but I always followed those optimization guides and I had no problems.

Also I did do a clean reinstall of Windows 2 times actually and still nothing. I'm running latest Windows 10 version.

Specs: Intel Celeron CPU 1007U 1.50GHz (2 CPUs)

4gb ram

Windows 10 PRO 64-bit

:)

Florin Adenis, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Dec 5, 2019
  3. MGranback Win User
    Windows Spotlight Not Working

If that didn't work then what I originally did to get mine working was to:

1. Switch the Lock Screen from Spotlight to picture

2. Delete the image files in the Assets folder AND

3. Rename (add ".bak" to the file name) each of the files in settings Folder.

4. Close out of settings and restart the computer

5. After restarting switch the Lock Screen back to Spotlight, restart again, and give it several hours to see if new images are downloaded to the Assets folder and the Lock Screen starts updating with new Spotlight images.

I tried the suggestions of just deleting the image files or renaming the files in the Settings folder and neither seemed to accomplish anything by themselves. Doing both at the same time, however, got it working again. Again, that was before I found the
    original steps listed in the previous message also got it working again for me.

It does seem, however, that the Spotlight Lock Screen feature is pretty fragile. My desktop went back to the default image after the last Windows update while laptop continued working fine after the same update.

Good Luck

MGranback, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Windows Spotlight not working. Is switching back to picture

Windows Spotlight not working on first boot

UPDATED 8/19/2017

I'm not sure every step is necessary, but this seems to work.

• First, go to Settings/personalization/lock screen. Change setting from Windows Spotlight to Picture or Slideshow.

• clean out these folders C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState
      and C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings

• Go back to Settings/personalization/lock screen and set it back to Spotlight. When I did this I got an aerial picture taken from the cockpit of a bi-plane. Give it a few minutes to see if it changes. If not, continue regardless.

• Go to your lock screen. If Spotlight appears, reboot your computer. If Spotlight doesn't appear, go back to
      Settings/personalization/lock screen and switch from Spotlight to Picture and back again. Again, you may have to wait a few minutes to see if the picture changes. If it does, go back to your
      lock screen to verify Spotlight loads and reboot again. Hopefully it should work at this point.

After getting Spotlight back on start-up and losing it again, it occurred to me that previewing it in lock screen before rebooting might have an effect on loading the Spotlight image. That seems to be the case.

Also, going to Windows Administrative Tools/Services and switching
    Delivery Options to automatic might have had an effect.

Jeff Manghera, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows Spotlight not working. Is switching back to picture

1. Windows Spotlight not working. Is switching back to picture - Similar Threads - Spotlight working switching

2. Switch to next picture is greyed out in Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 News
    Switch to next picture is greyed out in Windows Spotlight: [ATTACH]If the Switch to next picture is greyed out in Windows Spotlight, this post may help you. Windows Spotlight is a feature that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. But recently, some users have complained about...
  3. Windows Spotlight - "Switch to next picture is greyed out!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight - "Switch to next picture is greyed out!!!!: Hey, i have an issue regarding my windows spotlight mode for my windows machine, I cannot change the picture manually if i wanti tried to find many fixes, i tried to reset and re register windows spotlight and did plenty of things but i don't know why this happens,the picture...
  4. Windows Spotlight - "Switch to next picture is greyed out!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight - "Switch to next picture is greyed out!!!!: Hey, i have an issue regarding my windows spotlight mode for my windows machine, I cannot change the picture manually if i wanti tried to find many fixes, i tried to reset and re register windows spotlight and did plenty of things but i don't know why this happens,the picture...
  5. Windows Spotlight - "Switch to next picture" is greyed out!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight - "Switch to next picture" is greyed out!: I tried to fix it by doing everything on the interneti need someone who really knows the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-switch-to-next-picture-is-greyed/80c36635-3d8e-412e-ae9f-1d2254d35457
  6. Windows Spotlight - "Switch to next picture" is greyed out!

Windows Spotlight - "Switch to next picture" is greyed out!: I tried to fix it by doing everything on the interneti need someone who really knows the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-switch-to-next-picture-is-greyed/80c36635-3d8e-412e-ae9f-1d2254d35457
  7. Spotlight pictures

Spotlight pictures: I have said that I either Like or am Not a Fan on hundreds of photos. What bugs me is that I have to respond to the same photos. Once I'm indicated my preference regarding a given photo, why can't that be permanent vs having to do it again a few weeks later??...
  8. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotlight pictures: I have said that I either Like or am Not a Fan on hundreds of photos. What bugs me is that I have to respond to the same photos. Once I'm indicated my preference regarding a given photo, why can't that be permanent vs having to do it again a few weeks later??...
  9. Windows Spotlight automatically switches to pictures in personalization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Spotlight automatically switches to pictures in personalization: I'm losing my mind over this. When I enable spotlight in Settings->personalization->lock screen, and close settings, it automatically switches to pictures. Even changing tab (say lock screen to themes) switches it back to pictures. I do want spotlight. submitted by...
  10. Windows Spotlight Not Working/ Changing Back to "Picture" Setting

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight Not Working/ Changing Back to "Picture" Setting: Hi , I have issue with my windows spotlight where I'm unable to set it to windows spotlight . All just working i'm originally been using windows spotlight after I set it to picture a month ago . Last week I tried to set it back to windows spotlight but it keeps changing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows spotlight keeps changing back to picture

2. windows spotlight switches back to pictures