Windows 10: Windows spotlight not working since update windows 11

Discus and support Windows spotlight not working since update windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-not-working-since-update-windows/a2fa9e5d-8cec-40bd-adb8-414ae5a01e99 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PaulWein, Apr 21, 2024.

1. PaulWein Win User

Windows spotlight not working since update windows 11

As above

:)

PaulWein, Apr 21, 2024

2. Windows spotlight not work!!

Yes friend all these steps working for me.check these path , first path for check : C:\Windows\Web\Screen (find the stuck image and rename it) , or second path " C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\ " at this path you will se two main folders check all these folder at all and you will find the image there.Rename or delete the image stuck only.After re-register again the spotlight and wait after some restart.Something last i had the same problem and delete the registry folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Creative\S-1-5-21-1367095634-179868200-954147944-1001" and do a restart after all these step the spotlight download again new images and start working again.Please make a backup first at register.before delete everything.

mitsaras78, Apr 21, 2024
  3. GabePM Win User
    Windows spotlight not work!!

Greetings to mitsaras78 and to everyone in this forum!

I am new here and I have the same problem as stated in this thread. I tried deleting the mentioned folders (with and without emptying recycle bin) and then "reset-re-register-windows-spotlight-windows" manually with admin Powershell or with the .bat file provided. I followed the suggested steps, but no success, I am stuck with the same spotlight background and no "like what you see?" option or tips showing up. For some unknown reason, sometimes a error message shows up when I "reset-re-register-windows-spotlight-windows", other times this step works without showing errors .

Is the procedure suggested by mitsaras78 safe? I am a bit reluctant in testing this since it requires deleting system files and files in hidden folders. Has this been tested and has this worked as a permanet solution for anyone? Any recommendations for trying this?

GabePM, Apr 21, 2024
  4. Windows spotlight not working since update windows 11

Spotlight NOT WORKING in Windows 11

Ok everyone. I found a great tutorial about how to fix Windows Spotlight in the lockscreen. And yes, it is on Windows 11 Pro.

It helped me and my Windows Spotlight finally works again!

Nevertheless to say that you must follow each point as described. For some people will work, for some others, probably won't, but you may have a try.

How to Fix Spotlight Not Working in Windows 11? [Ultimate Guide] - MiniTool Partition Wizard

Follow each step, even if you don't have Bitdefender installed - some issues comes from there -.

* Use admin rights to run PowerShell as well as CMD

Adriano Rodriguez, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

Windows spotlight not working since update windows 11

1. Windows spotlight not working since update windows 11 - Similar Threads - spotlight working since

2. Windows spotlight not working since update windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spotlight not working since update windows 11: As above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-not-working-since-update-windows/a2fa9e5d-8cec-40bd-adb8-414ae5a01e99
  3. Windows spotlight no longer works on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight no longer works on Windows 11: Hello, I've encountered a problem with windows spotlight, it no longer works on my computer lockscreen, each time I try to turn it on on personalization settings it reverts back to "Picture", and all I end up getting is a black screen when locking the screen.I already tried...
  4. Windows spotlight no longer works on Windows 11

Windows spotlight no longer works on Windows 11: Hello, I've encountered a problem with windows spotlight, it no longer works on my computer lockscreen, each time I try to turn it on on personalization settings it reverts back to "Picture", and all I end up getting is a black screen when locking the screen.I already tried...
  5. Spotlight on Windows 11 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight on Windows 11 not working: Is the Spotlight service running for Windows 11? Reason I'm asking is that since I've upgraded to Windows 11over a week ago and have Windows Spotlight checked for my lock screen I have only seen the blue screen with white wavy lines.In the trouble-shooting guide there is a...
  6. Spotlight on Windows 11 not working

Spotlight on Windows 11 not working: Is the Spotlight service running for Windows 11? Reason I'm asking is that since I've upgraded to Windows 11over a week ago and have Windows Spotlight checked for my lock screen I have only seen the blue screen with white wavy lines.In the trouble-shooting guide there is a...
  7. Spotlight NOT WORKING in Windows 11

Spotlight NOT WORKING in Windows 11: Windows Spotlight doesn't change images and now "fun facts" doesn't appear at all on the login screen. I recently updated to Windows 11 thinking that this would somehow fix the problem, but it didn't - the problem still persists in Windows 11. I've tried all the fixes:...
  8. Spotlight NOT WORKING in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight NOT WORKING in Windows 11: Windows Spotlight doesn't change images and now "fun facts" doesn't appear at all on the login screen. I recently updated to Windows 11 thinking that this would somehow fix the problem, but it didn't - the problem still persists in Windows 11. I've tried all the fixes:...
  9. Windows Spotlight Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Spotlight Not Working: The windows spotlight feature on my PC isn’t working, it either shows a blank blue screen or the mountain picture I’m sure everyone has seen before. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to fix it? I’m short of ideas besides wiping my computer, which is rather...
  10. Windows Spotlight Not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight Not working.: Windows spotlight not working on my Windows 10 1909 even after deleting the files in content delivery manager folder (assets folder). After deleting the files, only an accent colour (chosen from desktop background) is seen on the lock seen. Please help me with this issue....