Windows 10: Windows spotlight on lockscreen not working, changes to "Pictures" on its own.

Discus and support Windows spotlight on lockscreen not working, changes to "Pictures" on its own. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Rex_Z9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vhnadc/windows_spotlight_on_lockscreen_not_working/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rex_Z9, Jun 21, 2022.

1. /u/Rex_Z9 Win User

Windows spotlight on lockscreen not working, changes to "Pictures" on its own.

/u/Rex_Z9, Jun 21, 2022

2. Changing Windows Spotlight to varying pictures

On my desktop, my lockscreen Windows Spotlight picture changes every few days, but on my laptop, the picture is always the same. How do I change my Windows Spotlight to change pictures?

JReese1952, Jun 21, 2022
  3. Windows Spotlight not updating lockscreen picture

I've 2 different PCs with Windows Spotlight on for lockscreen pictures and both have the same arching-desert-rocks-with-water-picture, which has been there ever since the release of Windows 10. Picture has never changed on both PCs.

Donald Banarld124, Jun 21, 2022
  4. Windows spotlight on lockscreen not working, changes to "Pictures" on its own.

Windows10 Spotlight Not Updating Picture

Dell i7 Laptop upgraded from Win7 64bit to Windows10 Pro 64bit (early 2016) - Version 1607 – OS Build 14393.1593

Apologies for adding more to this subject which already has many articles on the web; yet none seem to answer why Spotlight doesn’t work…

Spotlight works if WindowsKey +L pressed; but, Not on Sign-In screen..?

Personalisation/LockScreen/Background set to WINDOWS SPOTLIGHT

Personalisation/LockScreen/Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen set to ‘ON’

I have tried changing Personalisation/LockScreen/Background by setting to PICTURE, then rebooting, then reset Personalisation/LockScreen/Background to Windows Spotlight – At that time I see the Preview is Grey for a few seconds followed by a new Windows
    Spotlight Picture; this does not change status, Windows Spotlight still does not work on Sign-In screen.

I have investigated via DISM and System File Checker (sfc); no fault reported.

Of the many suggested fixes found on the web the only ‘fix’ that works (partially) is to periodically clear all files from the folder: Users/[Username]/AppData/Local/Packages/MicrosoftWindowsContentDeliveryManager-<Package
    ID
    >/localState/Assets

I have to wait a day or so for the folder to repopulate before Spotlight will work again (running Update doesn’t populate the Windows Spotlight picture folder) at which time Windows Spotlight will work on the Sign-In screen; however, I notice the Windows
    Spotlight Picture never changes on the Sign-In screen, the picture will remain the same for months; yet, if I hold the WindowsKey and press ‘L’ I see a different Picture which suggests the folder holding Windows Spotlight pictures (path above) has updated
    yet the Windows Spotlight App has not picked up the new picture.

Further; at the time I periodically clear the Windows Spotlight pictures folder (Path above) I see only one picture file and many other files which suggests the Windows Spotlight Pictures folder has not updated the Picture after clearing and updating
    on the previous occasion…

Reasoning this thro’ it seems I have two separate problems:

1) The Windows Spotlight picture will not change if there is no update in the Windows Spotlight Picture Folder - In that the OS is a Microsoft Validated Upgrade I had thought Windows Spotlight would update periodically in a similar manner to the
    OS Updates; but, this does not seem to be the case…

2) Even though I can see the (new) Windows Spotlight Picture by holding the WindowsKey and pressing ‘L’ the Windows Spotlight picture does not update on the Sign-In screen - The Sign-In screen shows only the picture installed at time of clearing and
    repopulating the Windows Spotlight picture folder…

Thank you for reading this - Any assistance greatly appreciated…

C

CyberTrash, Jun 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows spotlight on lockscreen not working, changes to "Pictures" on its own.

1. Windows spotlight on lockscreen not working, changes to "Pictures" on its own. - Similar Threads - spotlight lockscreen working

2. Windows login picture changed on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows login picture changed on its own: I changed my Twitter account profile picture yesterday and somehow my windows profile picture changed to that picture as well. How in the world did that happen?...
  3. Windows Spotlight Lockscreen Not Working

Windows Spotlight Lockscreen Not Working: Hi, I'm having three issues: sfc /scannow, chkdsk c:/f, chkdsk c:/r, and Windows Spotlight Lockscreen are all not working. What happened? Basically, I tried System Restore to fix the issue with sfc /scannow and chkdsk, but this caused Windows Lockscreen to stop working....
  4. Spotlight on lockscreen isnt working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Spotlight on lockscreen isnt working: Hi Two weeks ago my lockscreen spotlight stop working. I tried everything I found on the Internet but nothing worked. I tried: 1.https://simpleitpro.com/index.php/2020/06/22/windows-spotlight-not-working-fix-it-with-a-reset-or-re-register/ 2....
  5. Changing Lockscreen, disabling spotlight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Lockscreen, disabling spotlight: submitted by /u/ILeftMyRoomForThis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/igqfmf/changing_lockscreen_disabling_spotlight/
  6. My Lockscreen Picture Keeps Changing on its Own

My Lockscreen Picture Keeps Changing on its Own: English isn't my first language so sorry for bad grammar. Here is the picture I found out this problem about two days ago. My lockscreen keeps changing to a picture that I've never seen or remember downloading before even though my lockscreen is on picture mode. I tried...
  7. My Lockscreen Picture Keeps Changing on its Own

in Windows 10 Support
    My Lockscreen Picture Keeps Changing on its Own: English isn't my first language so sorry for bad grammar. Here is the picture I found out this problem about two days ago. My lockscreen keeps changing to a picture that I've never seen or remember downloading before even though my lockscreen is on picture mode. I tried...
  8. Windows spotlight not change picture?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spotlight not change picture?: Hello to all i have an issue with new version windows 1903 windows spotlight not work and is stucked on mountain lake photo ,things that i try reset bat from windows 10 forum nothing change,delete all files from where windows spotlight saves the pics nothing...
  9. Windows 10 Lockscreen changes on its own.

Windows 10 Lockscreen changes on its own.: My lockscreen keeps changing itself, i have tried everything to stop it but nothing works. Its on picture, not slideshow, not spotlight, picture. I have no idea what is doing it but i need help. Laptop: hp envy m7-j120dx OS: Windows 10 Home 134473
  10. lockscreen window spotlight is not working

lockscreen window spotlight is not working: lockscreen window spotlight is not working. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/m%C3%A0n-h%C3%ACnh-kh%C3%B3a/e5673dee-5418-408a-930f-9c6b1998050e