Windows 10: Windows Spotlight on Lockscreen not working/changing after latest update

Discus and support Windows Spotlight on Lockscreen not working/changing after latest update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I asked a question about this yesterday and received two very helpful and detailed responses. Unfortunately, the responses did not resolve my problem.I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SueHocken, Jun 14, 2021.

1. SueHocken Win User

Windows Spotlight on Lockscreen not working/changing after latest update

I asked a question about this yesterday and received two very helpful and detailed responses. Unfortunately, the responses did not resolve my problem.I have now investigated further. Windows Spotlight does work on my husband's user account for this desktop machine which I have now logged into. NB: Unfortunately, my husband is now deceased and so this account is rarely visited.In his Microsoft Settings Microsoft Edge is listed as a Background App allowed to make notifications. It isn't in mine for some reason. I do not know if this makes a difference to how Spotlight might or not work.

:)

SueHocken, Jun 14, 2021

2. Windows spotlight lockscreen not working correctly.

I'm using windows 10 pro 64- bit version with latest updates. When i choose spotlight screen as lockscreen in settings, next time i power on my pc.
    Automatically spotlight change to picture in settings and it was
    save the previous spotlight lockscreen image and select that as image. what is the answers for this problem?

Windows Spotlight on Lockscreen not working/changing after latest update 250f6758-faf8-417c-9b08-d706f9eb61ca.jpg

Oshith Roshantha Edirisuriya, Jun 14, 2021
  3. dskiller Win User
    windows spotlight not working as intended?

windows spotlight works when locking the screen from the desktop. but will not show on the lockscreen when booting up.

steps taking.

refreshed system with deleting everything.

sfc detected no problems

dism no problems.

dskiller, Jun 14, 2021
  4. KristaDL Win User

How to fix Windows Spotlight that is not working after latest update

My Windows Spotlight has not worked/changed pictures since the latest Fall update. I've tried disabling it, changing to a picture, rebooting & setting it again to spotlight, and have also tried EVERY suggestion on the Microsoft and other websites. Nothing
    has worked!

KristaDL, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Spotlight on Lockscreen not working/changing after latest update - Similar Threads - Spotlight Lockscreen working

2. Windows Spotlight stopped working again after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight stopped working again after latest update: My spotlight is stuck on the same 4 pictures and can't download new ones. And yes, I basically tried every possible solution which was offered here and on other forumsclear cache/temp files, re-register via powershell, and so onI already had this problem before and it seemed...
  3. Windows Spotlight stopped working again after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight stopped working again after latest update: My spotlight is stuck on the same 4 pictures and can't download new ones. And yes, I basically tried every possible solution which was offered here and on other forumsclear cache/temp files, re-register via powershell, and so onI already had this problem before and it seemed...
  4. Windows spotlight on lockscreen not working, changes to "Pictures" on its own.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows spotlight on lockscreen not working, changes to "Pictures" on its own.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Rex_Z9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vhnadc/windows_spotlight_on_lockscreen_not_working/
  5. Windows Spotlight Lockscreen did not change on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight Lockscreen did not change on Windows 11: Hello, I have updated my PC to Windows 11 today, but the Spotlight Lockscreen did not change while it did change on my Laptop.I have followed the instruction from...
  6. Windows Spotlight Lockscreen Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight Lockscreen Not Working: Hi, I'm having three issues: sfc /scannow, chkdsk c:/f, chkdsk c:/r, and Windows Spotlight Lockscreen are all not working. What happened? Basically, I tried System Restore to fix the issue with sfc /scannow and chkdsk, but this caused Windows Lockscreen to stop working....
  7. Spotlight on lockscreen isnt working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Spotlight on lockscreen isnt working: Hi Two weeks ago my lockscreen spotlight stop working. I tried everything I found on the Internet but nothing worked. I tried: 1.https://simpleitpro.com/index.php/2020/06/22/windows-spotlight-not-working-fix-it-with-a-reset-or-re-register/ 2....
  8. Changing Lockscreen, disabling spotlight

Changing Lockscreen, disabling spotlight: submitted by /u/ILeftMyRoomForThis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/igqfmf/changing_lockscreen_disabling_spotlight/
  9. Lockscreen won't change Windows Spotlight photo

Lockscreen won't change Windows Spotlight photo: I've been stuck on the same Windows Spotlight photo for like three weeks. In my customization settings for the lockscreen, it always reverts back to "Photo" when I set it on Windows Spotlight. Any idea how to fix this and get the spotlight photo slideshows back? submitted...
  10. lockscreen window spotlight is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    lockscreen window spotlight is not working: lockscreen window spotlight is not working. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/m%C3%A0n-h%C3%ACnh-kh%C3%B3a/e5673dee-5418-408a-930f-9c6b1998050e