Windows 10: Windows Spotlight only shows Mountain Lake picture.

Discus and support Windows Spotlight only shows Mountain Lake picture. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have basically never seen another picture than the one with the mountain lake on Windows Spotlight. [ATTACH] I have followed all the guides I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ErikL70, Apr 18, 2021.

1. ErikL70 Win User

Windows Spotlight only shows Mountain Lake picture.

I have basically never seen another picture than the one with the mountain lake on Windows Spotlight.

Windows Spotlight only shows Mountain Lake picture. 07617b0d-5fa1-46e0-a82a-4825bee97090?upload=true.png

I have followed all the guides I've found how to reset windows spotlight by deleting all files under

..\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_xxxxxx

I also ran powershell scripts to delete those files and reset windows spotlight. The results varied between Spotlight working for a couple of weeks before getting stuck on the mountain lake or showing a blue screen. Latest reset I have done didn't work at all. Mountain Lake has been showing for more than a week now.

I read that in Background Apps settings Microsoft Edge should be running. I can't find that setting there but when looking in Microsoft Edge settings I see that "Continue running background apps when Edge is closed" is enabled. Settings is also enabled to run in the background.

I have had this problem on my old PC with a local windows account. And I have the same problem with my new PC with a Microsoft account.

I don't know if it's that picture that breaks windows spotlight or if I have some special setting on my PC blocking Windows Spotlight? I have no add-ons installed for Edge. I use Chrome and Firefox. Can Chrome add-ons interfere with Windows Spotlight?

What else can I try to fix Spotlight? I'm getting quite tired of that Mountain Lake

:)

ErikL70, Apr 18, 2021
  2. sagivzel Win User

windows spotlight stuck on lake picture

hello,

for several months my spotlight is stuck on the same picture (the one with the lake and red bag).

i tried all the fixes suggested in this forum and others but nothing helped.

i can also say that this happened almost at the same time at all my computers and other computers in my work place.

thanks,

sagivzel, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Startup Screen picture windows fall creator

Thanks for the reply. I did as you suggested and when I click on Windows Spotlight the mountain lake picture shows. However, it does not allow me to change it. I clicked on it and right clicked on the picture but there does not seem to be a way to change
    the image.

DominicFino, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Buck05 Win User

Windows Spotlight stuck on one image

The Windows Spotlight never changes from one picture (mountain lake). Is there a way to fix it?

Buck05, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Spotlight only shows Mountain Lake picture. - Similar Threads - Spotlight shows Mountain

2. Windows Spotlight only showing one image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight only showing one image: I just reinstalled windows 11 with the "reset this pc" option and my windows spotlight is stuck on one image. I've tried clearing the assets folder and renaming the settings.dat file and the roaming.lock file. Nothing seems to be working and I really don't want to have to...
  3. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight pictures: I have said that I either Like or am Not a Fan on hundreds of photos. What bugs me is that I have to respond to the same photos. Once I'm indicated my preference regarding a given photo, why can't that be permanent vs having to do it again a few weeks later??...
  4. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotlight pictures: I have said that I either Like or am Not a Fan on hundreds of photos. What bugs me is that I have to respond to the same photos. Once I'm indicated my preference regarding a given photo, why can't that be permanent vs having to do it again a few weeks later??...
  5. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows Spotlight only showing 1 Photo

Windows Spotlight only showing 1 Photo: Why did my Spotlight stop rotating photos? I have 1 ugly photo on right now with no Microsoft comments. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-only-showing-1-photo/463b75f0-24f6-4598-a650-13e4abcff7ae
  7. windows spotlight stuck on lake picture

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows spotlight stuck on lake picture: hello, for several months my spotlight is stuck on the same picture (the one with the lake and red bag). i tried all the fixes suggested in this forum and others but nothing helped. i can also say that this happened almost at the same time at all my computers and other...
  8. What is the location of mountains and lake photo in Windows 10 lock screen

What is the location of mountains and lake photo in Windows 10 lock screen: I have been trying to find the location of mountains and lake photo in Windows 10 lock screen [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-location-of-mountains-and-lake-photo/0a761b6d-3e40-408f-b7e5-4126030ed8df
  9. Spotlight pictures

Spotlight pictures: Does anyone know where the Spotlight picture of the European houses along the river was taken? I don't see the picture yet in Assets https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-pictures/eb34e50f-4b39-475d-a04b-1d12e308f9a6
  10. Sign in screen shows only window spotlight

Sign in screen shows only window spotlight: Hello, In my desktop, I have 4 local users created, one is a local admin account. 2 accounts, include the admin, were working correctly, but other two are having issue on their's sign in screen. The problem is only one picture of Window SpotLight appeared on their sign in...