Windows 10: Windows Spotlight Option Glitched Out

Discus and support Windows Spotlight Option Glitched Out in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So apparently, I realised that my "windows spotlight" wasn't even working for the past few months. So I decided to change it in settings from picture... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by HappyBapple, May 19, 2020.

1. Windows Spotlight Option Glitched Out

So apparently, I realised that my "windows spotlight" wasn't even working for the past few months. So I decided to change it in settings from picture options to windows spotlight, once I click exit, for some reason, the option reverts back to picture and it totally glitched out. I can record it if you want if you don't understand what I meant.

+ this applies to the fun facts and tips provided by windows on the lock screen. it reverts back to disabled each time I enable it.

:)

HappyBapple, May 19, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 19, 2020
  3. Windows Spotlight "Like what you see?" option is missing

That "fix' never works!

Richard Kurrus Clas, May 19, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight Option Glitched Out

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows Spotlight Option Glitched Out

1. Windows Spotlight Option Glitched Out - Similar Threads - Spotlight Option Glitched

2. windows glitching out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows glitching out: I need help with my computer i had reset it fully got a new ssd and still the same problem occurs everytime i get into windows 11 my computer glitches out goes to the jsut a moment screen and take me to a blue screen that says your system has restarted and gives me a next...
  3. windows glitching out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows glitching out: I need help with my computer i had reset it fully got a new ssd and still the same problem occurs everytime i get into windows 11 my computer glitches out goes to the jsut a moment screen and take me to a blue screen that says your system has restarted and gives me a next...
  4. Spotlight option not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight option not appearing: I have just installed Windows 11 22H2, replacing a 22H1 system. The Spotlight option for the Lock or Background screens has disappeared. I have tried the various remedies for re-enablement, all without success. Please note that Edge is NOT my default browser. Any help is very...
  5. Spotlight option not appearing

Spotlight option not appearing: I have just installed Windows 11 22H2, replacing a 22H1 system. The Spotlight option for the Lock or Background screens has disappeared. I have tried the various remedies for re-enablement, all without success. Please note that Edge is NOT my default browser. Any help is very...
  6. Windows glitching out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows glitching out: Hello, so I have been having problems with my windows laptop. After different time periods, my computer doesn't seem to function properly until I forcibly put my laptop to sleep and awaken the laptop again.The problems are these:The keyboard will no longer type in any search...
  7. Windows glitching out

Windows glitching out: Hello, so I have been having problems with my windows laptop. After different time periods, my computer doesn't seem to function properly until I forcibly put my laptop to sleep and awaken the laptop again.The problems are these:The keyboard will no longer type in any search...
  8. Windows glitching out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows Spotlight Option not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight Option not showing: Recently I upgraded to Windows 10 Education from Windows 10 Home Single Language. Previously, I was using Windows Spotlight for the Lock Screen option but after upgrading the Windows Spotlight option has vanished and at the top of the Lock Screen setting, it is written that...
  10. Windows Spotlight option not available

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight option not available: I have Windows 10 Education version 1809 OS build 17763.529 In the lock screen section, It doesn't show Windows spotlight option, but previously it worked fine. How do I fix this problem[ATTACH]...