Windows 10: Windows Spotlight option is missing from the drop down list

Discus and support Windows Spotlight option is missing from the drop down list in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [img] 97281 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anonym0us, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Anonym0us Win User

Windows Spotlight option is missing from the drop down list

Windows Spotlight option is missing from the drop down list [​IMG]

:)

Anonym0us, Nov 4, 2017
  2. AneeshV.R Win User

Windows Spotlight

Is there a option for desktop background to use windows spotlight..??

Already my lockscreen is workig on windows spotlight, I wish if my desktop background should be as windows lock screen.

Is there any chance??

I already checked "personalize" menu, but there is no "windows spotlight" option in drop down list

AneeshV.R, Nov 4, 2017
  3. Screen Savers/background different on two windows 10 PCs. One changes with beautiful pictures every day or so the other does not.

That's Windows Spotlight, as Crumb knew in...

Windows Home: Spotlight Feature missing in drop down menu

Windows Home: Spotlight Feature missing in drop down menu

"START, Settings, Personalization, Lock Screen"...

PCR Just PCR, Nov 4, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Could this have anything to do with it?

Have you disabled any Services or Telemetry in any way?

Edwin, Nov 4, 2017
  5. Anonym0us Win User

This is the current status. Since many guides online seemed to point towards Telemetry as the reason, I tried opting for "Full" in the past but that never fixed the problem.

Anonym0us, Nov 4, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Almost certainly.

'Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization' means a group policy is in place. As you have the Education edition it will likely be this one...
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...dows-spotlight

Bree, Nov 4, 2017
  7. Anonym0us Win User
    "enterprise administrators can configure "

This part shouldn't apply to me as I am neither a college student nor an employee in a firm. I purchased this laptop from a student who got it at a good discount from his college. When I purchased this laptop, I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, but since the laptop was sold with Windows 10 Pro Education by the OEM, my Windows 10 Pro installation automatically got converted into Windows 10 Pro Education.

Is there a way to fix this without a reset or reinstall?

And how do I know if this laptop is still managed by some IT administrator in the college?

PS - I am running Windows 10 Pro Education. Isn't it different from Windows 10 Education?

Anonym0us, Nov 4, 2017
  8. Anonym0us Win User

Hi everyone - Can anyone help? Is clean install my only option?

Anonym0us, Nov 5, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    Hello, I have used Google to find this for you:
    Known Lock Screen issues with Creator Fides Tamen Quin

I searched for
    fall creator identify group policy "some settings are"

I seem to recall mention of a plan either in the Fall CU or later to help users identify the cause of this message- the particular policy.

Searching for
    fall creator lock screen "some settings are"
    offers
    lock screen problem - some settings are managed by your - Microsoft Community
    Known Lock Screen issues with Creator Fides Tamen Quin
    1703 Creators Update no longer adding custom lock screen picture via GPO for Enterprise?

If you identify a specific fix from this, please add that to the thread. Thanks!

dalchina, Nov 7, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Yes, for at least one case in the FCU (updates policies) there's an accompanying link to see the details, it may apply to all such cases.

Edit: but not in all cases, it seems. The particular policy to disable Spotlight is only available in Enterprise and Education, so I can't test that one. I can test another policy that also affects Personalization settings - stopping users from choosing desktop wallpaper. There's no explanation for that 'some setting are managed...' message.

11. Anonym0us Win User
    None of them are working. Is there a way to Reset all Penalization Settings in GPE?

Anonym0us, Nov 12, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Nov 12, 2017
  13. Windows Spotlight option is missing from the drop down list

Yes, I've gotten that message but only in the Education Edition, and only the last couple of builds. I never ever found a solution for it, for my specific issue with that Edition. I just gave up running Education. For now anyway. There are loads and loads of suggested Group Policy edit changes that "may" fix it. None of it worked for me. I honestly don't remember if "spotlight" was one of the settings I had locked out? It's been a while so I'd have to go reread what I posted. I had that message on several different places in settings.

alphanumeric, Nov 15, 2017
  14. I just noticed the "Pro Education" reference. What ISO did you use to install Pro Education? I ask because I have yet to see it listed as an install option on any of my ISO's. No mention of it on MSDN, last time I looked. No Product Keys available for it either on MSDN? I've been wanting to get my hands on it to test install it. Are you sure its Pro Education, and not just Education?
    What does it say for Windows Edition in Settings> Update & security > Activation?

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Spotlight option is missing from the drop down list - Similar Threads - Spotlight option missing

2. 'More Options' on drop down list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'More Options' on drop down list?: Windows 11.How do I make the full list the default option when right clicking?Mainly use Copy and Paste yet neither show until the 'show more options' is clicked....
  3. 'More Options' on drop down list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'More Options' on drop down list?: Windows 11.How do I make the full list the default option when right clicking?Mainly use Copy and Paste yet neither show until the 'show more options' is clicked....
  4. Selecting GPU drop down list missing Graphics Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Selecting GPU drop down list missing Graphics Settings: I just upgraded to 21h1 to get manually choose my integrated CPU graphics for a game, sadly that drop down box list is missing under System>Right panel>down below>Graphics Settings. There is only two options Windows gave me such as power saving and high performance. I want to...
  5. Can't choose any options from store drop-down list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't choose any options from store drop-down list: Whenever trying to click on the three dots and choose of the option the store simply crashes and doesn't respond at all. It's been a week the issue didn't got fixed....
  6. itunes option missing in "open with" drop down menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    itunes option missing in "open with" drop down menu: How do i get the iTunes option in the drop down menu "open with" when i right click on a video file ? It used to be there to select. i do not know what happened to it....
  7. Drop down option not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drop down option not working: Chrome's drop down option has stopped working. Normally when you click on those down arrows they open. Now they do not. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-option-not-working/5cf7ff1b-2be5-4b2b-8f9d-ddefcddf0822
  8. Drop Down list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drop Down list: I made a drop list, so that it was easier for me to input data. I go to use the drop down arrow, to use the list I made, and nothing shows up. How can I use my own list I created? Thanks!...
  9. deleting items from a drop down list

in Windows 10 Support
    deleting items from a drop down list: after i have "moved" or "copy to" many files, the drop down menu shows the folders/files i have pinned to quick access, and then shows a long list of other places i have sent files/folders to. is there any way to edit this list so only very recent items show up? 115388
  10. Printer missing from drop-down menus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer missing from drop-down menus: I have an HP Compaq 6200 SFF running 64-bit Windows 10 Pro that won't print to either of two HP printers I have tried. I have tried an HP OfficeJet 3830 and an HP OfficeJet 4650 and get identical results with both. I can, though, print to a Canon MP470 (so maybe the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowsspotlight option missing

2. windows spotlight is missing