Windows 10: Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.

Discus and support Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Lock Screen (Windows Spotlight) picture used to change weekly, but now it does not change anymore. It just stays on an old picture that I have seen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NotEnoughRage, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.

My Lock Screen (Windows Spotlight) picture used to change weekly, but now it does not change anymore. It just stays on an old picture that I have seen when I first built my PC. Anyone know why?

:)

NotEnoughRage, Jul 8, 2019
  2. TroyD27 Win User

Lock screen picture doesn't change anymore

My lock screen picture does not change anymore. Many others have this problem as well (Google search). A variety of fixes are suggested but most seem to involve messing with folder contents and even changing Registry entries. I am not comfortable with that.

Online, the simplest suggested fix I have found is:

1. In Personalization->Lock Screen settings change Background to Picture.
    2. Delete everything from folder

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_<somecharacters>\Settings
    3. In Personalization->Lock Screen settings change Background back to Windows Spotlight

First, if this is a consistent problem for so many, is Microsoft working on a fix?

Second, is the above solution safe to try?

I'd prefer it if someone from Microsoft Tech Support would weigh in on this.

Thanks,

Troy

TroyD27, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Wynona Win User

Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.

Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .

I think I may be reading wrong, Mothie. Do you have the lock screen set to a picture in Microsoft's "spotlight" or do you have one of your own pictures set as the lock screen?

When I have my lock screen set to show Microsoft Spotlight, it occasionally changes the picture; however, when I have one of my own pictures set, it never changes. Here is mine . . .

Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore. [​IMG]

Note that I have a choice between Windows spotlight, Picture and Slideshow. I've chosen picture, used one of my own (uploaded by a member of TF) and it never changes.

Wynona, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.

1. Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore. - Similar Threads - Spotlight Picture Lock

2. Windows Spotlight does not change the pictures.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight does not change the pictures.: Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change - Microsoft Community I have followed the above step in the article given above and still the problem is not solved.i have also tried creating a new windows profile and restarted my system the problem was not solved....
  3. Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change: I have seen a lot of answers to this question and the only answer is what I list below. If you want to change the pictures that are shown by Microsoft and have your own picture shown on startup on the lock screen then you are going to have to alter some folders and delete...
  4. Windows Spotlight lock screen pictures

Windows Spotlight lock screen pictures: Hey all, Not really a problem just curiosity. I have the Windows Spotlight as my lock screen picture which means Microsoft downloads a new picture every day and as such it changes. Does anyone else's 'picture of the day' sometimes stays on for a few days, then changes?...
  5. Windows Spotlight lock screen picture does not change. Background apps for "Settings" is...

Windows Spotlight lock screen picture does not change. Background apps for "Settings" is...: I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10. Since last week, my Windows Spotlight lock screen picture does not change. I follow the instruction at https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/reset-and-re-register-windows-spotlight-in-windows-10.9390/ but it does not work....
  6. Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.

Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.: My Lock Screen (Windows Spotlight) picture used to change weekly, but now it does not change anymore. It just stays on an old picture that I have seen when I first built my PC. Anyone know why? 136195
  7. Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .

Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .: *DohHi,hope everyone fine. just a quickie question; I notice that occasionally when booting up, my lock screen picture changes from the "picture" it is set on to Microsofts "spotlight picture", which is not set to do so in "Settings". Any ideas? Many thanks. 127326
  8. Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .: *DohHi,hope everyone fine. just a quickie question; I notice that occasionally when booting up, my lock screen picture changes from the "picture" it is set on to Microsofts "spotlight picture", which is not set to do so in "Settings". Any ideas? Many thanks. 127326
  9. Lock Screen Does Not Change To Windows Spotlight.

Lock Screen Does Not Change To Windows Spotlight.: Hey guys, I'm new here but i'm also on the Windows 7 and Windows 8 forums too. Anyways, i got a new laptop and installed the Facebook app from the Windows Store and it asked me if i wanted to sync my Facebook profile picture and cover photo as the user photo and lock...
  10. Info on the spotlight screen lock pictures?

Info on the spotlight screen lock pictures?: More than once already I would have loved to know WHERE the screen lock image that Windows 10 presented that day was taken. Some are really very beautiful and spectacular. Any idea? Is there some website where one can find some background info re. the image of the day? 34850

Users found this page by searching for:

1. users\<username>\appdata\local\packages\microsoft.windows.contentdeliverymanager_<somecharacters>\settings