Windows 10: Windows Spotlight Question

Discus and support Windows Spotlight Question in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey just a quick question regarding windows spotlight. Normally I dont lock my PC as its in my room and nobody else uses it except for me. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AntJac, Apr 30, 2017.

1. AntJac Win User

Windows Spotlight Question

Hey just a quick question regarding windows spotlight.

Normally I dont lock my PC as its in my room and nobody else uses it except for me. I was just wondering should the backgrounds change if you have it set to Lock screen windows spotlight so you only see the screen following a reboot or normal shutdown? Or is it more likely to change if you lock the screen during normal activity?

Many thanks

:)

AntJac, Apr 30, 2017
  2. pSynrg Win User

Lockscreen wallpaper (windows spotlight) on desktop

Considering the question actually mentions 'Windows Spotlight' this is hardly going to move things forward.

pSynrg, Apr 30, 2017
  3. jhut---01 Win User
    How To Set Spotlight Lock Screen Image as Wallpaper on Windows 10 Desktop

I think the question was "how to set the displayed lock screen spotlight wallpaper simultaneously to desktop", since that was what I came looking for, not how to fix a stuck spotlight wallpaper...

Is misunderstanding a deliberate attempt to avoid to answer that there is no solution to this question?

jhut---01, Apr 30, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 30, 2017
  5. AntJac Win User
    Many thanks Brink. Lately my spotlight images don't seem to refresh unless I physically select the Windows Spotlight option again in Personalisation so I was just wondering if I had to lock my PC when I sign in in order for it to refresh automatically

AntJac, Apr 30, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It should automatically update for you without having to lock the computer first.

What build do you currently have installed? It may be a glitch in that build.

Brink, Apr 30, 2017
  7. AntJac Win User
    I have the latest version 1703 and build 15063.250

I have done a few tips and tricks I've seen online today just to see if that helps but just trying to cover all bases really

AntJac, Apr 30, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You might see if re-registering content delivery manager in an elevated PowerShell with the command below may be able to help.

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}

Brink, Apr 30, 2017
  9. AntJac Win User
    Many thanks Brink I will try that and report back. Will this re-register all the apps?

AntJac, Apr 30, 2017
  10. AntJac Win User
    Many thanks Brink. Just performed the command. I pressed enter and there was no response either way in Powershell just the next line. I will reboot

AntJac, Apr 30, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    Be very careful what you try. Spotlight can be temperamental if you poke around in the registry. Back in 1607 I 'liked' on of my Spotlight images so it stuck around for a while. When I got thoroughly sick of seeing it I tried to hack the registry to 'un-like' it. Instead I completely broke Spotlight - took an in-place repair install too get it working again *Sad

Still working today on 15063.250. Changes more or less daily, but doesn't seem to be a strict '24 hours'. You may be seeing a limited selection of images. Getting new images seems to be one of the things that doesn't download over a metered connection, so you might try turning that off (if you use it).

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's normal.

You may have to wait 24 hours to see if it may change on its own again.

Brink, Apr 30, 2017
  13. AntJac Win User

I did a reboot. Noticed that, on the sign in screen at first there was a normal Picture as my sign in screen and not the ones from WS. I had to select Windows Spotlight again, reboot and then it went back into life. Now i just need to wait to see if the picture changes without me having to manually select WS again.

Just curious, how do you like the images? I've never come across how to do that?

AntJac, Apr 30, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
    The 'Like what you see?' and the links that launch Edge to tell you more about the picture when you get back to the Desktop only seem to appear when I lock the screen from my user icon on the Start menu.

15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You should see a link like the one I boxed in red on your Win+L lock screen to do so.

Windows Spotlight Question [​IMG]

Brink, Apr 30, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows Spotlight Question - Similar Threads - Spotlight Question

2. A question about Microsoft Store and Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    A question about Microsoft Store and Windows Spotlight: I have read that in order for the Windows Spotlight feature to work properly, Microsoft Store must be enabled in the Background Apps settings. However, I have had it set to "off" for months now and the Windows Spotlight feature seems to work fine.Should I allow the Microsoft...
  3. A question about Microsoft Store and Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about Microsoft Store and Windows Spotlight: I have read that in order for the Windows Spotlight feature to work properly, Microsoft Store must be enabled in the Background Apps settings. However, I have had it set to "off" for months now and the Windows Spotlight feature seems to work fine.Should I allow the Microsoft...
  4. A question about Microsoft Store and Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lock Screen Question: Spotlight change to Local Picture via registry in Windows10_21h1.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Question: Spotlight change to Local Picture via registry in Windows10_21h1.: Dear Teamthis is IT. Our user require to change lock screen Spotlight to Local 5 Picture and Automatically change one by one every day in WIN10_21h1. Have you advice? Can we change to local 5 picture? If yes, could you kindly advise how to do from registry since 100+ PCs need...
  6. Lock Screen Question: Spotlight change to Local Picture via registry in Windows10_21h1.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Question: Spotlight change to Local Picture via registry in Windows10_21h1.: Dear Teamthis is IT. Our user require to change lock screen Spotlight to Local 5 Picture and Automatically change one by one every day in WIN10_21h1. Have you advice? Can we change to local 5 picture? If yes, could you kindly advise how to do from registry since 100+ PCs need...
  7. Lock Screen Question: Spotlight change to Local Picture via registry in Windows10_21h1.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Spotlight images question

Spotlight images question: Did MS change something with the way Spotlight images are handled? I use to be able to access the image files using Winaero so I could save the images in a special directory. Now, even though new images appear on the screen the files don't appear on the PC using Winaero, or...
  9. Windows Spotlight - Questions

Windows Spotlight - Questions: I've been fighting the 'ever-irritating' Windows Spotlight lock screen issues and I have a couple of questions. First off, I *think* it is working on my machine(s) but I don't know for certain. 1) When should I expect the image to change? Once every 24 hours? At each cold...
  10. Questions about Hot Spot and Spotlight in lock screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Questions about Hot Spot and Spotlight in lock screen: Hello, I asked here on forum and found out something but not all answers. I went yesterday to bed and today after putting my PC out of sleep mode I found Magnifying Glass icons on my log in screen. They are part of spotlight. I never saw them before so I freaked out and...