Windows 10: Windows Spotlight - Questions

Discus and support Windows Spotlight - Questions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been fighting the 'ever-irritating' Windows Spotlight lock screen issues and I have a couple of questions. First off, I *think* it is working on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rfdes, Apr 10, 2019.

1. rfdes Win User

Windows Spotlight - Questions

I've been fighting the 'ever-irritating' Windows Spotlight lock screen issues and I have a couple of questions. First off, I *think* it is working on my machine(s) but I don't know for certain.

1) When should I expect the image to change?
    • Once every 24 hours?
    • At each cold boot login screen?
    • After I get the login screen following a lid-closed sleep sequence?
    • Each time I 'WIN-L' to lock the computer?
    2) Does it matter that I use Firefox as opposed to Edge as my default browser?

Thanks
    Jim

:)

rfdes, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Alden Rey Win User

windows spotlight

Hi Leland,

Windows Spotlight is a nifty feature in Windows 10. It can downloads pictures and advertisements from Bing and then displays them on your lock screen. Besides, you can mark whether you wish to see more or less images of a similar type.

To sort out your concern, simply follow the steps provided below:

• Go to privacy settings:
    • Background apps turn on
    • For spottlight setting app must be on.
    • You can now use spottlight in personalisation tab.

We also suggest to re-register your Windows Spotlight by following the steps provided by
    Kapil Arya MVP on this
    link

Should you need further information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Spotlight - Questions - Similar Threads - Spotlight Questions

2. A question about Microsoft Store and Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    A question about Microsoft Store and Windows Spotlight: I have read that in order for the Windows Spotlight feature to work properly, Microsoft Store must be enabled in the Background Apps settings. However, I have had it set to "off" for months now and the Windows Spotlight feature seems to work fine.Should I allow the Microsoft...
  3. A question about Microsoft Store and Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about Microsoft Store and Windows Spotlight: I have read that in order for the Windows Spotlight feature to work properly, Microsoft Store must be enabled in the Background Apps settings. However, I have had it set to "off" for months now and the Windows Spotlight feature seems to work fine.Should I allow the Microsoft...
  4. A question about Microsoft Store and Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lock Screen Question: Spotlight change to Local Picture via registry in Windows10_21h1.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Question: Spotlight change to Local Picture via registry in Windows10_21h1.: Dear Teamthis is IT. Our user require to change lock screen Spotlight to Local 5 Picture and Automatically change one by one every day in WIN10_21h1. Have you advice? Can we change to local 5 picture? If yes, could you kindly advise how to do from registry since 100+ PCs need...
  6. Lock Screen Question: Spotlight change to Local Picture via registry in Windows10_21h1.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Question: Spotlight change to Local Picture via registry in Windows10_21h1.: Dear Teamthis is IT. Our user require to change lock screen Spotlight to Local 5 Picture and Automatically change one by one every day in WIN10_21h1. Have you advice? Can we change to local 5 picture? If yes, could you kindly advise how to do from registry since 100+ PCs need...
  7. Lock Screen Question: Spotlight change to Local Picture via registry in Windows10_21h1.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Spotlight images question

Spotlight images question: Did MS change something with the way Spotlight images are handled? I use to be able to access the image files using Winaero so I could save the images in a special directory. Now, even though new images appear on the screen the files don't appear on the PC using Winaero, or...
  9. Questions about Hot Spot and Spotlight in lock screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Questions about Hot Spot and Spotlight in lock screen: Hello, I asked here on forum and found out something but not all answers. I went yesterday to bed and today after putting my PC out of sleep mode I found Magnifying Glass icons on my log in screen. They are part of spotlight. I never saw them before so I freaked out and...
  10. Windows Spotlight Question

Windows Spotlight Question: Hey just a quick question regarding windows spotlight. Normally I dont lock my PC as its in my room and nobody else uses it except for me. I was just wondering should the backgrounds change if you have it set to Lock screen windows spotlight so you only see the screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows spotlight quiz

2. Windows Spotlight

3. windows spotlight more questions

4. Hot to set Windows 10 sport light images on lock screen ,
  5. windows spotlight questions,
  6. windows spotlight quiz google,
  7. Can not open windows spotlight quiz,
  8. windows spotlight question