Windows 10: Windows Spotlight still not working after bat file fix.

Discus and support Windows Spotlight still not working after bat file fix. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows Spotlight was stuck on the same picture on my PC. I ran the fix in the tutorial using the bat file. After rebooting the computer and checking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alicia J, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Alicia J Win User

Windows Spotlight still not working after bat file fix.

Windows Spotlight was stuck on the same picture on my PC. I ran the fix in the tutorial using the bat file. After rebooting the computer and checking the settings, I now no longer have Windows Spotlight listed in the dropdown menu.

"Sometimes it may take up to 24 hours after resetting for Windows Spotlight to sync again."

Does this statement mean that it may not even show in the drop down menu for 24 hrs, or did the fix not stick?

:)

Alicia J, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Karen Her Win User

spotlight is not working

Hi,

One of the possible causes why Windows Spotlight is not working is due to a corrupted system file or user profile.

To further assist you, please answer the following:

• When did the issue happen?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Can you please describe what issue with Windows Spotlight do you encounter? (ex:
      Windows Spotlight image is not changing)

We will wait for your response.

Karen Her, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 17, 2019
  4. MGranback Win User

Windows Spotlight Not Working

If that didn't work then what I originally did to get mine working was to:

1. Switch the Lock Screen from Spotlight to picture

2. Delete the image files in the Assets folder AND

3. Rename (add ".bak" to the file name) each of the files in settings Folder.

4. Close out of settings and restart the computer

5. After restarting switch the Lock Screen back to Spotlight, restart again, and give it several hours to see if new images are downloaded to the Assets folder and the Lock Screen starts updating with new Spotlight images.

I tried the suggestions of just deleting the image files or renaming the files in the Settings folder and neither seemed to accomplish anything by themselves. Doing both at the same time, however, got it working again. Again, that was before I found the
    original steps listed in the previous message also got it working again for me.

It does seem, however, that the Spotlight Lock Screen feature is pretty fragile. My desktop went back to the default image after the last Windows update while laptop continued working fine after the same update.

Good Luck

MGranback, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Spotlight still not working after bat file fix. - Similar Threads - Spotlight still working

2. Lock screen Windows Spotlight STILL not working but just for me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen Windows Spotlight STILL not working but just for me.: The Windows Spotlight on the lock screen is not working, I have the default blue wavy lines.I did a sfc and it did come back for about 2 changes then went back to the blue wavy lines again.BUT I have a second account on my laptop for my partner and if I switch to that it has...
  3. Bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat file: I have a bat fileI am improving it bit by bit till I have reached But not i have added a warning to it before a commandI now want to make that line font size Bigger than the others How can I do that ??So here is the Batch file content@ECHO OFF echo...
  4. Bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bat file: I have a bat fileI am improving it bit by bit till I have reached But not i have added a warning to it before a commandI now want to make that line font size Bigger than the others How can I do that ??So here is the Batch file content@ECHO OFF echo...
  5. 'net use' works in cmd window, not in .bat file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'net use' works in cmd window, not in .bat file: Win10 Pro, Version 2004, build 19041.804 (Suggestion to Microsoft- put a 'copy to clipboard' button on the WinVer window). On my home network I have some servers and a couple of NAS drives. (Eight altogether). In startup I call a batch file to map them using 'net use'. Most...
  6. .bat files

.bat files: So i am trying to make a minecraft server and need to open a .bat file but i keep getting a error saying "This app can not run on this pc" But it worked a month ago i need a solution please....
  7. Bat file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bat file: Good morning/evening/night, I wanted to create a batch file or an exe that can change options inside the gui of an application (the application is cisco webex) (if you are familliar with webex i want to change the audio or turn it to music mode witha batch file) but i am...
  8. Windows 10 spotlight is still broken and there is no fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 spotlight is still broken and there is no fix: Yes it sticks on one image, it does not change and it cannot be stopped. After reboot the stuck image always reappears regardless of user settings. There are more search results for this than I have time to look at but they all say the same things, the answers are always the...
  9. .bat file

in Windows 10 Customization
    .bat file: I have .bat file it is not working in my new PC when I double click on it. but it was working in my old PC. could your please support how to associate .bat file in windows 10? Kindly looking for your support and reply in this regards. Thanks.....
  10. Windows .bat File

Windows .bat File: I have a .bat file on a pc that is supposed to get and send a file to and from a server. This .bat file is working properly when I run it on the pc but will not when trying to run it through a 3rd party software. there have been no errors, the .bat file will start to run but...