Windows 10: windows spotlight stopped after windows update

Discus and support windows spotlight stopped after windows update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a Windows Update, my Spotlight stopped changing pictures. Any suggestions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by barlowskamp, Apr 11, 2019.

1. windows spotlight stopped after windows update

After a Windows Update, my Spotlight stopped changing pictures. Any suggestions?

:)

barlowskamp, Apr 11, 2019

2. Windows Spotlight stopped changing images

Hello,

To address your concern with Windows Spotlight, we suggest that you follow the suggestion of
    Michael Metz on this link
    for possible troubleshooting steps.

Get us back with the update.

Marvin Barc, Apr 11, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

windows spotlight stopped after windows update

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

windows spotlight stopped after windows update

1. windows spotlight stopped after windows update - Similar Threads - spotlight stopped update

2. Windows Spotlight stopped working again after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight stopped working again after latest update: My spotlight is stuck on the same 4 pictures and can't download new ones. And yes, I basically tried every possible solution which was offered here and on other forumsclear cache/temp files, re-register via powershell, and so onI already had this problem before and it seemed...
  3. Windows Spotlight stopped working again after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight stopped working again after latest update: My spotlight is stuck on the same 4 pictures and can't download new ones. And yes, I basically tried every possible solution which was offered here and on other forumsclear cache/temp files, re-register via powershell, and so onI already had this problem before and it seemed...
  4. Windows Spotlight stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight stopped working: Windows Spotlight stopped working in Windows 10*** Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office / OneDrive / For home / Windows *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-stopped-working/58bf2cbc-8435-44a9-bd2a-48303ff091d5
  5. windows spotlight stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows spotlight stopped working: cannot get windows spotlight to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-stopped-working/19bd909a-d78b-4f29-b18c-8b6bad1b77c2
  6. WIndowss 10 Spotlight stopped working after last Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndowss 10 Spotlight stopped working after last Windows update: Windows 10 spotlight stopped changing pictures after last update a few days ago. I've tried numerous google searches and looked microsft.com and community wth no luck. I find directions on how to fix the problem but they don't work. Either the steps fail or the step isn't...
  7. WIndowss 10 Spotlight stopped working after last Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndowss 10 Spotlight stopped working after last Windows update: Windows 10 spotlight stopped changing pictures after last update a few days ago. I've tried numerous google searches and looked microsft.com and community wth no luck. I find directions on how to fix the problem but they don't work. Either the steps fail or the step isn't...
  8. WIndowss 10 Spotlight stopped working after last Windows update

9. Windows Spotlight Stopped Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight Stopped Working: System: Windows 10 on HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0016 Yesterday windows spotlight was working fine. Today, it stopped altogether and won't change anymore. I have done every sort of troubleshooting under the sun. How do I fix this?...
  10. Windows Spotlight won't stop

Windows Spotlight won't stop: I turned on "Windows Spotlight" in my Lockscreen settings (Personalization) for a while but then wanted to go back to selecting my own background image. I can select an image, but a few hours or a day later the windows spotlight images come back again. The selection in...