Windows 10: Windows Spotlight Stopped Working

Discus and support Windows Spotlight Stopped Working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; System: Windows 10 on HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0016 Yesterday windows spotlight was working fine. Today, it stopped altogether and won't change... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LunaHolmes, May 12, 2019.

1. Windows Spotlight Stopped Working

System: Windows 10 on HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0016

Yesterday windows spotlight was working fine. Today, it stopped altogether and won't change anymore. I have done every sort of troubleshooting under the sun. How do I fix this?

:)

LunaHolmes, May 12, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 12, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, May 12, 2019
  4. Windows Spotlight Stopped Working

Windows Spotlight has stopped working on Windows 10 Home

Hello Sai Kumar,

As you are facing the issues with accessing spotlight we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by CDB_UK
    March 9, 2016 and check if it helps.

Windows 10 Lock Screen Spotlight not working

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows Spotlight Stopped Working

1. Windows Spotlight Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Spotlight Stopped Working

2. Windows Spotlight Doesn't work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight Doesn't work: I don't know why this windows spotlight doesn't works. My previous lap also had the same issue. Lap manufacture - Lenovo Please do help me to solve this issue. Thank you, Waseem....
  3. Windows Spotlight not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight not working.: Microsoft downloading a new lock screen photo daily has suddenly stopped. I have tried several "solutions" on the net to include regedits. One of these solutions suggests going to web/screen and deleting img105 (this is the beginning of their solution). When I go to...
  4. lockscreen window spotlight is not working

lockscreen window spotlight is not working: lockscreen window spotlight is not working. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/m%C3%A0n-h%C3%ACnh-kh%C3%B3a/e5673dee-5418-408a-930f-9c6b1998050e
  5. Windows Spotlight is not working at all.

Windows Spotlight is not working at all.: Windows spotlight feature IS NOT WORKING even after several clean Windows 10 installs!!! I was writing to you with same question few times and you still can't do something!! FIX THAT! ASAP!...
  6. Spotlight not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotlight not working: Windows 10 v1803 17134.81 Spotlight is not working after installing IOBit StartMenu 8. Is there a way where I can get Spotlight working? Thanks. 111599
  7. windows spotlight not working as intended?

windows spotlight not working as intended?: windows spotlight works when locking the screen from the desktop. but will not show on the lockscreen when booting up. steps taking. refreshed system with deleting everything. sfc detected no problems dism no problems. 30602
  8. Windows spotlight NOT WORKING!

Windows spotlight NOT WORKING!: Hi there, i have win 10 Pro 64bit - last build - Ver. 1511 - 10586.3 For some reason Windows spotlight is not working for me - when i am in Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen. As shown in the Picture: [img] When i choose Windows spotlight - i see this...
  9. Windows Spotlight won't stop

Windows Spotlight won't stop: I turned on "Windows Spotlight" in my Lockscreen settings (Personalization) for a while but then wanted to go back to selecting my own background image. I can select an image, but a few hours or a day later the windows spotlight images come back again. The selection in...
  10. spotlight not working

spotlight not working: in the fall creators update, i do not get any image on the lock screen when first booting up in the morning. it is just a blue screen with the date and time. but once logged in, if i hit windows key and L, i get a picture (and asking if i like it). spotlight wasn't working...