Windows 10: Windows Spotlight: what pictures are shown?

Discus and support Windows Spotlight: what pictures are shown? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a question concerning Windows Spotlight: the pictures I see, are different from the pictures my colleagues see. How come? E.g., I never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StijnBousard, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Windows Spotlight: what pictures are shown?

Hi,

I have a question concerning Windows Spotlight: the pictures I see, are different from the pictures my colleagues see. How come? E.g., I never see animals on my lock screen, whereas some of my colleagues do. How are the pictures chosen?

Kind regards

Stijn Bousard

:)

StijnBousard, Jan 16, 2019
  2. Jessen P Win User

Windows Spotlight Not Working/ Changing Back to "Picture" Setting

Hi Zach,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

The above issue might occur if you have any corrupted/missing app files & folders conflicting with the system Settings on the computer.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Personalization and click on Lock screen from the left side panel of the window.
    • From the dropdown bar under Background, select
      Picture
      and wait for the picture preview to be shown under Preview on the same window.
    • From the same dropdown bar, select Windows Spotlight and wait for the preview picture to be shown under
      Preview.
    • Lock the screen by pressing Windows logo + L keys on the keyboard and check if the changes are effective.

Please revert if you face any issues with Windows Spotlight in future.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    WIndows Spotlight Picture struck in one picture

Hi Alok,

There are various reasons why Windows Spotlight wallpaper is not changing or fetching a new wallpaper from Bing.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest resetting Windows Spotlight preference by following the steps below:

• Create a system restore point.
    • Once done, press Windows key + I to open Settings..
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click Lock Screen.
    • Under Background option, select Picture.
    • Set a picture as a default lock screen background.
    • Locate to: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_<characters>\Settings.

Note: Make sure to unhide all hidden folders on Windows 10.
    • In this folder, delete these: roaming.lock and settings.dat.
    • Repeat steps 2-4.
    • Under Background option, select Windows spotlight.
    • See if the issue will persist.

If the issue still persist, re-register Windows Spotlight:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type powershell.
    • Select Windows PowerShell.
    • On the PowerShell window, type: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}
    • Press Enter.
    • See if your wallpaper will change.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight: what pictures are shown?

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Spotlight: what pictures are shown?

1. Windows Spotlight: what pictures are shown? - Similar Threads - Spotlight pictures are

2. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight pictures: I have said that I either Like or am Not a Fan on hundreds of photos. What bugs me is that I have to respond to the same photos. Once I'm indicated my preference regarding a given photo, why can't that be permanent vs having to do it again a few weeks later??...
  3. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotlight pictures: I have said that I either Like or am Not a Fan on hundreds of photos. What bugs me is that I have to respond to the same photos. Once I'm indicated my preference regarding a given photo, why can't that be permanent vs having to do it again a few weeks later??...
  4. Spotlight pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Spotlight picture location

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight picture location: Pictures rotate on regular basis but unable to view their location when hovering over picture or right click. Some of them are stunning and would like to know where they've been taken...
  6. Windows spotlight not change picture?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spotlight not change picture?: Hello to all i have an issue with new version windows 1903 windows spotlight not work and is stucked on mountain lake photo ,things that i try reset bat from windows 10 forum nothing change,delete all files from where windows spotlight saves the pics nothing...
  7. Spotlight pictures

Spotlight pictures: Does anyone know where the Spotlight picture of the European houses along the river was taken? I don't see the picture yet in Assets https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-pictures/eb34e50f-4b39-475d-a04b-1d12e308f9a6
  8. Windows Spotlight: "like what you see" missing & what pictures are shown

Windows Spotlight: "like what you see" missing & what pictures are shown: Hi, I have two questions concerning Windows Spotlight: (1) I no longer get the "like what you see" link on the Windows Spotlight lock screen. Can this be enabled/disabled somewhere? (2) The pictures I see, are different from the pictures my colleagues see. How come?...
  9. Spotlight picture not changinglight pictures

Spotlight picture not changinglight pictures: I'm a bit confused about the terminology of background pictures, themes and Spotlight picture. When the computer hasn't been used for a specified time, my screen savers start. If I go back to the computer and move the mouse my screensaver goes away and another Windows picture...
  10. Windows Spotlight: what makes the picture change?

Windows Spotlight: what makes the picture change?: I have two Windows 10 Pro x64 machines. One is a desktop and another is a laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad). On both machines I work under a local administrative account. On both machines the 'Personalization - Lock Screen - Background' setting is set to "Windows spotlight". Both...