Windows 10: Windows Spotlight won't change the picture

Discus and support Windows Spotlight won't change the picture in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there, I got a HP notebook with Windows 10 and since half a month Windows Spotlight is broken and won't change the picture. I already uninstalled... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Sophia N., Jan 31, 2019.

1. Sophia N. Win User

Windows Spotlight won't change the picture

Hi there,

I got a HP notebook with Windows 10 and since half a month Windows Spotlight is broken and won't change the picture. I already uninstalled the update that Windows downloaded previous to when described problem occured. But Spotlight still sticks to the same picture.

I already browsed a lot of instructions concerning this problem and tried instructions with DISM and SFC but at some point I cannot proceed/the programm won't let me proceed and I get stuck somewhere in Powershell. I'm really not a pro and I could use some help and step-by-step instruction that can solve this problem, since I saw that a lot of people seem to have the same issue.

Thanks in advance for your time.

:)

Sophia N., Jan 31, 2019
  2. Jessen P Win User

Windows Spotlight Not Working/ Changing Back to "Picture" Setting

Hi Zach,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

The above issue might occur if you have any corrupted/missing app files & folders conflicting with the system Settings on the computer.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Personalization and click on Lock screen from the left side panel of the window.
    • From the dropdown bar under Background, select
      Picture
      and wait for the picture preview to be shown under Preview on the same window.
    • From the same dropdown bar, select Windows Spotlight and wait for the preview picture to be shown under
      Preview.
    • Lock the screen by pressing Windows logo + L keys on the keyboard and check if the changes are effective.

Please revert if you face any issues with Windows Spotlight in future.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    WIndows Spotlight Picture struck in one picture

Hi Alok,

There are various reasons why Windows Spotlight wallpaper is not changing or fetching a new wallpaper from Bing.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest resetting Windows Spotlight preference by following the steps below:

• Create a system restore point.
    • Once done, press Windows key + I to open Settings..
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click Lock Screen.
    • Under Background option, select Picture.
    • Set a picture as a default lock screen background.
    • Locate to: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_<characters>\Settings.

Note: Make sure to unhide all hidden folders on Windows 10.
    • In this folder, delete these: roaming.lock and settings.dat.
    • Repeat steps 2-4.
    • Under Background option, select Windows spotlight.
    • See if the issue will persist.

If the issue still persist, re-register Windows Spotlight:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type powershell.
    • Select Windows PowerShell.
    • On the PowerShell window, type: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}
    • Press Enter.
    • See if your wallpaper will change.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Windows Spotlight won't change the picture

Changing Windows Spotlight to varying pictures

On my desktop, my lockscreen Windows Spotlight picture changes every few days, but on my laptop, the picture is always the same. How do I change my Windows Spotlight to change pictures?

JReese1952, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows Spotlight won't change the picture

1. Windows Spotlight won't change the picture - Similar Threads - Spotlight won't change

2. Windows spotlight automatically changes to picture!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight automatically changes to picture!: Hey, I have been using windows 11 since a long time and I must say it is a cool experience, in my opinion I must say it has plenty of feature issues and bugs,one of the most important one is the windows spotlight feature, for some reason it doesn't work in my machine. I reset...
  3. Windows spotlight automatically changes to picture!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spotlight automatically changes to picture!: Hey, I have been using windows 11 since a long time and I must say it is a cool experience, in my opinion I must say it has plenty of feature issues and bugs,one of the most important one is the windows spotlight feature, for some reason it doesn't work in my machine. I reset...
  4. Windows Spotlight does not change the pictures.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight does not change the pictures.: Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change - Microsoft Community I have followed the above step in the article given above and still the problem is not solved.i have also tried creating a new windows profile and restarted my system the problem was not solved....
  5. Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change: I have seen a lot of answers to this question and the only answer is what I list below. If you want to change the pictures that are shown by Microsoft and have your own picture shown on startup on the lock screen then you are going to have to alter some folders and delete...
  6. Windows 10 changing from the spotlight to picture

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 changing from the spotlight to picture: Hello to anyone who sees this, I recently reinstalled Windows 10 as my old HDD was corrupted and I now have an SSD. Anyways, I really like Windows 10 Spotlight and I wish to keep using it however whenever I go into the personalize window is changes from spotlight to picture....
  7. Spotlight isn't changing any pictures

Spotlight isn't changing any pictures: hi , windows spotlight pictures aren't changing from 1 day . Pls help me resolve this . Its just displaying the original picture . thx you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotlight-isnt-changing-any-pictures/f53acefe-89c4-4cb4-8d66-3d0a7e6e7cd3
  8. Windows Spotlight, picture won't change

Windows Spotlight, picture won't change: When my laptop is connected to the Wi-Fi, the picture in Windows Spotlight is changing regularly. But when I connected to the internet via a cable, the picture go stuck. How to change something so that I can find a new picture when I start my laptop?...
  9. Windows spotlight not change picture?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spotlight not change picture?: Hello to all i have an issue with new version windows 1903 windows spotlight not work and is stucked on mountain lake photo ,things that i try reset bat from windows 10 forum nothing change,delete all files from where windows spotlight saves the pics nothing...
  10. Windows Spotlight: what makes the picture change?

Windows Spotlight: what makes the picture change?: I have two Windows 10 Pro x64 machines. One is a desktop and another is a laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad). On both machines I work under a local administrative account. On both machines the 'Personalization - Lock Screen - Background' setting is set to "Windows spotlight". Both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows spotlight wont change picture

2. spotlight pic wont change