Windows 10: Windows Spotlight won't work after installing the May 2020 Update

Discus and support Windows Spotlight won't work after installing the May 2020 Update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I clear the lock screen settings and re-register the windows spotlight using PowerShell, the problem still remains where when I click "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Marr Raimund Salcedo, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Windows Spotlight won't work after installing the May 2020 Update

When I clear the lock screen settings and re-register the windows spotlight using PowerShell, the problem still remains where when I click "Windows Spotlight" it displays this:

Windows Spotlight won't work after installing the May 2020 Update fcc45ef2-afbd-4021-9358-74dac2c9a79c?upload=true.png

then when I reopen settings, the selected option is now "Pictures" or "Slideshow" instead of "Windows Spotlight".

Windows Spotlight won't work after installing the May 2020 Update 5b51a050-ecb4-450b-8133-c4ee26db4472?upload=true.png

:)

Marr Raimund Salcedo, Jun 12, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Windows spotlight not work!!

Yes friend all these steps working for me.check these path , first path for check : C:\Windows\Web\Screen (find the stuck image and rename it) , or second path " C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\ " at this path you will se two main folders check all these folder at all and you will find the image there.Rename or delete the image stuck only.After re-register again the spotlight and wait after some restart.Something last i had the same problem and delete the registry folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Creative\S-1-5-21-1367095634-179868200-954147944-1001" and do a restart after all these step the spotlight download again new images and start working again.Please make a backup first at register.before delete everything.

mitsaras78, Jun 12, 2020
  4. GabePM Win User

Windows Spotlight won't work after installing the May 2020 Update

Windows spotlight not work!!

Hi mitsaras78! Thanks for your reply and input. Even after following the steps you suggested I wasn´t able to delete some pictures from hidden folders (I even tried changing Security Settings from Properties of some of these pictures, but no success deleting). I ended up reformatting my laptop and installing a fresh Windows 10 two days ago. The formatting and installation was performed by a technician from the university where I work and now I have a license for Windows 10 from my university. The version installed was 1809 and I upgraded to version 1903 by Windows Update.
    Spotlight seems to be changing pictures on a daily basis (it showed 2 different images until now) but the features “Like what you see?” and additional information about the image that normally is displayed are missing. I searched the web (for instance How to turn on Windows Spotlight Like What You See option.) and found a proposed solution by changing the Registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Lock Screen\Creative. However, in my machine using this path to \Lock Screen doesn’t have a folder Creative. Is this the source of the problem? Do you have any solution to get the “Like what you see?” feature working?

GabePM, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows Spotlight won't work after installing the May 2020 Update

1. Windows Spotlight won't work after installing the May 2020 Update - Similar Threads - Spotlight won't installing

2. may 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    may 2020 update: how do i install an earlier update in history can only see updates for 2021. i would like to install may 2020 update. could anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-update/bea25d64-4623-4b77-bb69-772427cb21d5
  3. may 2020 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    may 2020 update: how do i install an earlier update in history can only see updates for 2021. i would like to install may 2020 update. could anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-update/bea25d64-4623-4b77-bb69-772427cb21d5
  4. Windows May 2020 Update

Windows May 2020 Update: This update was installed on July 23, 2020 at night after I went to bed. When I woke up the next and went to get my email, I couldn't even login using my password or pin. I went to another computer to login on the Microsoft website and my password worked. I even tried...
  5. May 2020 update

May 2020 update: This is about my husband's laptop. After two days he finally managed to install the update only to find out he cannot use his computer. He cannot get into any applications and it just seems to be stuck in a loading loop. What does he have to do now? If he can manage to...
  6. May 2020 Update

May 2020 Update: OK, I goofed. I meant I've tried to download the May 2020 Update, but it remains unavailable to me. So, what am I missing? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-2020-update/ae3af36a-8f34-4831-99ad-c32d08bcafba
  7. Windows Update 2020 May

Windows Update 2020 May: I updated windows from 1909 version to 2004 version but there is no change in my windows. What vould be the problem? I wasted my internet yesterday. Anyone answer it please ....
  8. WINDOWS UPDATE MAY 2020

WINDOWS UPDATE MAY 2020: And so - shock horror - the latest Windows updates has meant been unable to use laptop as stuck in perpetual loop of cannot install updates... why is it hat whenever there is an update there seems to be issues? When many people need their laptops to work from home you need to...
  9. Windows will not load after install of May 2020 windows 10 update

Windows will not load after install of May 2020 windows 10 update: I installed the latest Windows 10 update and upon restarting my computer, the computer will turn on but windows will not load and I am unable to access my computer at all. Any ideas?...
  10. May 2020 Update

May 2020 Update: Hello All, I just recently read about the May 2020 update. im a Windows Insider, and want to COMPLETELY opt out. not like delete my account from the insider program, I've decided i no longer wish to participate. how would i go to the May 2020 stable build. that is if the...