Windows 10: Windows spotlight

Discus and support Windows spotlight in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to know why windows spotlight is not working despite having the latest update ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VIJAYAGEETHAPATHANGAE, Aug 2, 2020 at 3:07 AM.

1. Windows spotlight

I would like to know why windows spotlight is not working despite having the latest update ?

:)

VIJAYAGEETHAPATHANGAE, Aug 2, 2020 at 3:07 AM
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

4. Alden Rey Win User

Windows spotlight

windows spotlight

Hi Leland,

Windows Spotlight is a nifty feature in Windows 10. It can downloads pictures and advertisements from Bing and then displays them on your lock screen. Besides, you can mark whether you wish to see more or less images of a similar type.

To sort out your concern, simply follow the steps provided below:

• Go to privacy settings:
    • Background apps turn on
    • For spottlight setting app must be on.
    • You can now use spottlight in personalisation tab.

We also suggest to re-register your Windows Spotlight by following the steps provided by
    Kapil Arya MVP on this
    link

Should you need further information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Thema:

Windows spotlight

1. Windows spotlight - Similar Threads - spotlight

2. Window spotlight is not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window spotlight is not working: Window spotlight is not working and showing in one color background in lock screen. I tried to switch picture or slide show in "lock screen" setting, then restart the computer. Then pick "window spotlight" in the "lock screen" setting. there is still one color background to...
  3. Lock screen won't change to Windows Spotlight

Lock screen won't change to Windows Spotlight: Hi, Anyone else got the problem with the lock screen stuck on one image. I have tried changing it to Windows Spotlight, which is an option in the dropdown list, but then as soon as I navigate away from the Lock Screen settings page, it reverts to a lock screen picture, and...
  4. Windows 10 does not lock when the screen powers off in spotlight

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 does not lock when the screen powers off in spotlight: I am using windows 10 pro 2004 version 19041.388 In the lock screen settings when I pick the background as windows spotlight when the screen powers off due to inactivity, when I move the mouse the screen comes back without the asking for password. When I pick the background...
  5. Windows spotlight is not working cant fix with registry on S mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows spotlight is not working cant fix with registry on S mode: I was told to fox this error through registry but S mode will not let me enter, The other fix through windows explorer only fisxed for one day. Please help. Chat help didnt get it...Thanks...
  6. Windows Spotlight

Windows Spotlight: I accidentally misclicked the dislike when I didn't mean to. Is there a way to edit my answer bc I meant to click the like button. Also might there be a way to set some other preferences for it as well? Like setting for landscape, or city images, or space, etc....
  7. Internet doesn't connect soon enough to Spotlight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet doesn't connect soon enough to Spotlight: When i boot the PC, the internet doesn't connect soon enough so that Windows Spotlight can show me a new image. It takes a few seconds to show me the internet icon. It used to work, but after some time i only get the default picture. I have already tried those: -Format the...
  8. Windows Spotlight is missing from Lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight is missing from Lock screen: I noticed Windows Lockscreen is missing from "Background" dropdown list in Settings>Personalization>Lock screen, is there any way to re-enable it? The Assets folder from AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState doesn't exist...
  9. Windows Spotlight Breaks my lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Spotlight Breaks my lock screen: Enabling Windows Spotlight in settings reverts the setting back to "Picture" and causes the lock screen to show a blank image (This is because I have a program that disables the Content Delivery Manager). However, when I try to set an image to my lock screen after trying to...
  10. Windows Spotlight images

Windows Spotlight images: Why are all the photos I see from the US and Europe? How do I broaden the range to include countries in Africa, Asia, Oceania, South America etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-images/4e07d6d6-d545-4898-880b-3f1fe0191041