Windows 10: Windows spotlight

Discus and support Windows spotlight in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am using windows 10. My windows spotlight is not working and doesn't show any new images. I have tried to reregister it, clearing its assets, restart... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Yukesh., Oct 21, 2020.

1. Yukesh. Win User

Windows spotlight

I am using windows 10. My windows spotlight is not working and doesn't show any new images. I have tried to reregister it, clearing its assets, restart pc, etc. But nothing works.

:)

Yukesh., Oct 21, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Windows spotlight

windows spotlight

Hi Leland,

Windows Spotlight is a nifty feature in Windows 10. It can downloads pictures and advertisements from Bing and then displays them on your lock screen. Besides, you can mark whether you wish to see more or less images of a similar type.

To sort out your concern, simply follow the steps provided below:

• Go to privacy settings:
    • Background apps turn on
    • For spottlight setting app must be on.
    • You can now use spottlight in personalisation tab.

We also suggest to re-register your Windows Spotlight by following the steps provided by
    Kapil Arya MVP on this
    link

Should you need further information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows spotlight

1. Windows spotlight - Similar Threads - spotlight

2. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?: I have the Windows Spotlight lock screen with rotating images. A while ago I clicked "dislike" on an AI image of desert. But I think instead of training Spotlight to not display AI images, it stopped it from showing any images of desert or landscapes that looked similar. Is...
  3. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?: I have the Windows Spotlight lock screen with rotating images. A while ago I clicked "dislike" on an AI image of desert. But I think instead of training Spotlight to not display AI images, it stopped it from showing any images of desert or landscapes that looked similar. Is...
  4. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Next Windows 10 update brings Windows Spotlight, Lock screen content, and another Windows...

in Windows 10 News
    Next Windows 10 update brings Windows Spotlight, Lock screen content, and another Windows...: Microsoft released a new update to the Windows 10 Release Preview channel. The update KB5035941 is in testing and will be released soon to the general Windows 10 device population. While most Windows 10 updates focus on security patches and the fixing of bugs, this one is...
  6. Windows 11 - Spotlight will not work on Lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Spotlight will not work on Lock screen: Hi,ProblemWindows Spotlight will not work on Lock screen – Just a black screen is displayed.Build Info and BackgroundOur desktop PC is a 64-bit PC running Windows 11 Home vsn 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235 and all the latest drivers are installed.Our Desktop PC is functioning...
  7. Windows 11 - Spotlight will not work on Lock screen

Windows 11 - Spotlight will not work on Lock screen: Hi,ProblemWindows Spotlight will not work on Lock screen – Just a black screen is displayed.Build Info and BackgroundOur desktop PC is a 64-bit PC running Windows 11 Home vsn 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235 and all the latest drivers are installed.Our Desktop PC is functioning...
  8. spotlight pictures content search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spotlight pictures content search: %systemroot%\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets\ I have windows 11 background set to Spotlight pictures slideshow.I like that i have a different picture everyday, so i try and find where the...
  9. spotlight pictures content search

spotlight pictures content search: %systemroot%\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets\ I have windows 11 background set to Spotlight pictures slideshow.I like that i have a different picture everyday, so i try and find where the...
  10. Why would my Window11's wallpaper settings changes? Picture automatically changes to Spotlight

Why would my Window11's wallpaper settings changes? Picture automatically changes to Spotlight: My PC is for gaming. I have been using it for a long time without any trouble.My wallpaper settings were never changed. Its always the DEFAULTS settings - PictureHowever, It was changed to spotlight automatically on yesterday. And i didnt change any settings.Also, My PC didnt...