Windows 10: Windows srttrail error when installing new graphics card

Discus and support Windows srttrail error when installing new graphics card in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a gtx 750ti that runs great, and my pc will turn on and successfully run windows 10 with it. However, when I take that card out, and put in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zachmattson, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Windows srttrail error when installing new graphics card

I have a gtx 750ti that runs great, and my pc will turn on and successfully run windows 10 with it. However, when I take that card out, and put in a new gtx 1050ti graphics card, I get an errer that displays:

D:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

The first time I ever used this new graphics card, it worked for a couple minutes, and then went into Automatic Repair with this message for some reason. Now it just goes straight to Automatic Repair. As a dude that isn't extremely tech savvy, is there anything I can do right off the bat, that would possibly put an end to my PC's unfortunate dis-cooperation?

Thank you so much!

:)

zachmattson, Nov 26, 2018

2. Issues with new Graphics Card install

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to install the graphic card driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue persists or not.

https://www.asus.com/support

Compatibility mode runs the driver using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click on
      • Run this the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
      • Select Compatibility tab.
      • Place a check mark next to program in Compatibility mode and select previous the version of Windows from the drop down list.
      • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 26, 2018
  4. AndreePin Win User

Windows srttrail error when installing new graphics card

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows srttrail error when installing new graphics card

1. Windows srttrail error when installing new graphics card - Similar Threads - srttrail error installing

2. New graphics card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New graphics card: Hello so i want to buy a new graphics card for gaming and streaming. Generally i play light games like Valorant, Wow, and rpg games. My budget is on 300€. I have this one in mind Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 Gaming OC (rev. 2.0) but people tell me its for professional...
  3. BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card: Hello,After upgrading from a GTX 1070 to a RTX 3070, I received a BSOD at the desktop and a DMP file was created. It has only happened one time and it was on the first boot up with the 3070.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqhFwSuY8Ahin31NcPzKnMyWEsiH?e=KCVDJt...
  4. Srttrail error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Srttrail error: Initially I had a srttrail error where I was a in a infinite boot, then I was following some videos on how to fix it in command prompt. Now I cannot even reach advanced settings and command prompt without booting from a windows 10 USB. At work right now but I’m sure I’ll be...
  5. srttrail error

srttrail error: windows 32 srttrail .txt error. unable to log on or use PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/srttrail-error/2b5aed23-8b15-4bcb-801b-e101812a18ce
  6. srttrail error

srttrail error: i’ve already tried the bootrec.exe commands and it returns something like “0 windows installations detected” “operation successful” and “access denied” and it won’t chkdsk c: drive...
  7. New Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Graphics Card: I recently installed a GTX 1050 TI card. When I turned on my PC, the screen was brighter then normal. It's not a big issue, but it's definitely annoying. I tried adjusting the settings on my monitor, calibrating the color, and everything else I could find. I'd really...
  8. BSOD after installing new graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after installing new graphics card: I was looking for a budget PC that could run games with decent graphics. I ended up purchasing a Dell Optiplex 3020 MT to upgrade for gaming. I have since then put a new power supply and graphics card in it. After installing the graphics card, I could play games for about 10...
  9. New graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New graphics card: I installed an Nvidia graphics card and got the error "cannot find the path specified" The driver software I downloaded won't finish because the computer isn't seeing it. How can I resolve this?...
  10. New Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New Graphics Card: Hi,I have just ordered the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon™ RX 580 8GD5 Special Edition and was wondering if it will work on my motherboard as it says the card uses the UEFI BIOS and my BIOS is an old Legacy BIOS (Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 rev. 1.2)?Thanks, if it won't work which GPU would...