Windows 10: Windows start and other things not working

Discus and support Windows start and other things not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot open the windows start menu. I can’t open internet explorer. I can’t open any settings or network settings so I can’t connect to wifi. I can’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Needhelpshittymicrosoft, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Windows start and other things not working

I cannot open the windows start menu. I can’t open internet explorer. I can’t open any settings or network settings so I can’t connect to wifi. I can’t type in the windows search bar either. I’ve tried multiple things and hasn’t worked.

:)

Needhelpshittymicrosoft, Mar 10, 2020

2. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Windows start and other things not working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows start and other things not working

1. Windows start and other things not working - Similar Threads - start things working

2. Start button, search bar, many other things, not working - something wrong with the Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button, search bar, many other things, not working - something wrong with the Settings?: Last night my laptop froze on me; thinking nothing of it I force-shutdown and then restarted my laptop. Since then, whenever I'm on my laptop, I can't access the start menu or the search bar. I've had to force-shutdown when I stop using my laptop.I've looked around and tried...
  3. Windows Icon and a few other things not working Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Icon and a few other things not working Windows 11: My windows Icon doesn't work. Got a new Asus laptop a couple weeks ago with the function keys F1-F12 just not working along with the windows icon. Then the icon worked for like 2 days before stopping again. I think it was from me updating the laptop but I'm not 100% sure on...
  4. Windows Icon and a few other things not working Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Icon and a few other things not working Windows 11: My windows Icon doesn't work. Got a new Asus laptop a couple weeks ago with the function keys F1-F12 just not working along with the windows icon. Then the icon worked for like 2 days before stopping again. I think it was from me updating the laptop but I'm not 100% sure on...
  5. Windows Start Menu closes instantly among other things

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Start Menu closes instantly among other things: This is a really weird problem that i have had for a few months now. Sometimes, after my PC is left on for a bit, I want to use my Start menu to open stuff, as I prefer that over clicking desktop icons. If I click on the Windows sign on the bottom left, my start menu appears...
  6. Start Button and Windows Explorer not opening amongst other things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Button and Windows Explorer not opening amongst other things: Hi When I log into Windows, some things have stopped working. Clicking the Start button at the bottom left is not working. Also I can not open Windows Explorer. When I click on a shortcut for it, I get two messages: explorer.exe. windows cannot access the specified device,...
  7. Certain things in taskbar among other things don't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Certain things in taskbar among other things don't work.: This happened after the new windows update on 4/14/21. Everything was working fine until then. I got the computer at the end of 2019. After the new update there are a number of bugs but the ones that really prevent me are the fact that pressing f4 does not open screen...
  8. Start Menu and Countless other things will not work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu and Countless other things will not work in Windows 10: So, here's the thing. I have done everything the internet has told me to do to fix this issue. I am unable to go to a repair center as my working hours interfere with their business hours. I cannot afford a new laptop at this point, especially considering that I bought this...
  9. Acronyms and Other Things

in Windows 10 Support
    Acronyms and Other Things: We've all seen it at least once; someone posts an explanation and right in the middle of that explanation, you see GPO, WSL, IE, OIC, WIP, WU, IE11, etc. Try as you might, you cannot remember what half of those mean, if you can remember any at all! The purpose of this thread...
  10. Explorer.exe not working and other sundry things

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe not working and other sundry things: Hi all, I must say I feel a little ........ sheepish I guess is the word, asking for help here as I'm used to giving the help (at least at Sevenforums). Guess I need to get to work on 10 so I can get back to giving......... *Smile Anyway......... I received a older laptop...