Windows 10: Windows start bar not showing icons

Discus and support Windows start bar not showing icons in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have upgraded my Windows from 10 to 11 for a while. Recently, the start bar plays up a bit, I use multiple desktops, some application icons not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Windows Category - All, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Windows start bar not showing icons

I have upgraded my Windows from 10 to 11 for a while. Recently, the start bar plays up a bit, I use multiple desktops, some application icons not showing up.From the below screenshot, the second one is blank and the second last is a generic icon it should be FirefoxChecked with Windows Update, it is the latest, restarted the machine a few times still the same, restarted the Windows explorer process not helping.Any ideas?

:)

Windows Category - All, Aug 8, 2022

2. Computer not showing desktop or start icon?

My computer is not showing the desktop icons or the start menu bar... everytime I want to open something i have to use the windows task manager. anyone know why this happens? also when i want to open My Computer properties or something it says I'm missing the RUNDLL32.EXE

Victas2009, Aug 8, 2022
  3. People Bar is not showing up.

Hi,

The missing People Bar could have been disabled when you turn off your computer. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before you turn off the computer?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed on your computer?
    • Have you attempted to perform any of the troubleshooting steps?

To enable people icon on your taskbar, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Click on the Start button on Windows 10 and choose Settings.
    • Next, open the Settings app and choose Personalization icon.
    • select Taskbar to open all taskbar settings.
    • Look for People section, turn on Show people on the taskbar to show the People bar from the taskbar.

We look forward to your response and for the results for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Aug 8, 2022
  4. Windows start bar not showing icons

Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

Windows start bar not showing icons

1. Windows start bar not showing icons - Similar Threads - start bar showing

2. Icons not showing on the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons not showing on the task bar: The ions on the task bar keeps disappearing. Like few icons are visible and few are gone. Even thought the application is running. And in place of the icon there is a blank space I can click on icon to open the application and all the other stuff but it is the problem with...
  3. Icons not showing on the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons not showing on the task bar: The ions on the task bar keeps disappearing. Like few icons are visible and few are gone. Even thought the application is running. And in place of the icon there is a blank space I can click on icon to open the application and all the other stuff but it is the problem with...
  4. Icons not showing on search bar

Icons not showing on search bar: I am using windows 10 home edition and idont know how this problem came but this looks too bad to see icons are not showing on searching something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-showing-on-search-bar/5e71b2ae-adcb-4cdf-880a-db9ed674bf22
  5. Icons not showing on search bar

in Cortana
    Icons not showing on search bar: I am using windows 10 home edition and idont know how this problem came but this looks too bad to see icons are not showing on searching something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-showing-on-search-bar/5e71b2ae-adcb-4cdf-880a-db9ed674bf22
  6. Icons not showing on search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Icons on Start Bar/Task bar NOT showing properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on Start Bar/Task bar NOT showing properly: i have just upgraded to Windows 11 pro 64 bit via an ISO install. So a fresh Windows 11 OS on the PC. Running 21H2 OS Bld 22000.8561. Have 2 users one local Admin account as an administator. And then my MS account which is my User account. At the RH end of the bottom bar...
  8. Icons on Start Bar/Task bar NOT showing properly

Icons on Start Bar/Task bar NOT showing properly: i have just upgraded to Windows 11 pro 64 bit via an ISO install. So a fresh Windows 11 OS on the PC. Running 21H2 OS Bld 22000.8561. Have 2 users one local Admin account as an administator. And then my MS account which is my User account. At the RH end of the bottom bar...
  9. Windows start bar not showing icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start bar not showing icons: I have upgraded my Windows from 10 to 11 for a while. Recently, the start bar plays up a bit, I use multiple desktops, some application icons not showing up.From the below screenshot, the second one is blank and the second last is a generic icon it should be FirefoxChecked...
  10. Windows search bar not showing icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search bar not showing icons: Ive been having this problem for several weeks now. Ive tried changing the display settings to 125% to 100% still didnt work. Also tried to disable thumbnail previews , still didnt work. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance....