Windows 10: Windows Start Botton and screen stopped working

Discus and support Windows Start Botton and screen stopped working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The original Win 7 was upgraded to Win 10 however, the Window.old was not getting deleted and was taking a lot of space on the computer. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alain Benie Bi, May 29, 2020.

1. Windows Start Botton and screen stopped working

The original Win 7 was upgraded to Win 10 however, the Window.old was not getting deleted and was taking a lot of space on the computer. I have received messages suggesting to delete Windows.old folder to free space, then when I clicked OK, nothing happened. I have then decided to manually delete it. I took ownership of it unfortunately, the folder won't delete. I restarted the computer and tried again, it showed that the folder was in use. I restarted again to make sure it was not in use, I sadely found that the START Botton froze. Only the the taskbar manager and Explorer file can work. I then decided to Fresh reinstall windows but could not work because there is not enough space. I do not have any saved files on the computer but sadely, there is no enough space. I cannot go online as everything seems to be frozen

I need help urgently please.

:)

Alain Benie Bi, May 29, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, May 29, 2020
  3. pinakel Win User
    how to press two botton in on screen keyboard ?

how to press two botton in on screen keyboard ? I mean shift+end or shift+home. Its a very helpful feature of selecting a long line.

Thanks

pinakel, May 29, 2020
  4. Windows Start Botton and screen stopped working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Start Botton and screen stopped working

1. Windows Start Botton and screen stopped working - Similar Threads - Start Botton screen

2. How to find router botton

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find router botton: How to find router button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-router-botton/0ef5057a-ca87-4a19-80b7-09e15c6211f7
  3. Taskbar start botton not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar start botton not working: I my windows 10 pc task bar not working. Also giving 'cntrl+alt+dlt ' command task manager also not working. I have not able to enter any comand in the desktop, some times showing 'your divice is not ready '. Pls give replay what I will do?...
  4. Taskbar start botton not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar start botton not working: I my windows 10 pc task bar not working. Also giving 'cntrl+alt+dlt ' command task manager also not working. I have not able to enter any comand in the desktop, some times showing 'your divice is not ready '. Pls give replay what I will do?...
  5. Taskbar start botton not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Spotlight stopped working on start-up screen but works on lock screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight stopped working on start-up screen but works on lock screen.: Hi,my portable started this a few weeks ago, probably after an update. It always starts with the beach scene from a cave. On this site there are many with the same question but I have not found an answer. The threads are closed without solving this.Lock screen set to...
  7. Spotlight stopped working on start-up screen but works on lock screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotlight stopped working on start-up screen but works on lock screen.: Hi,my portable started this a few weeks ago, probably after an update. It always starts with the beach scene from a cave. On this site there are many with the same question but I have not found an answer. The threads are closed without solving this.Lock screen set to...
  8. Spotlight stopped working on start-up screen but works on lock screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. My Keyboards Few Botton's Not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Keyboards Few Botton's Not working: I am currently using Dell Inspiron N5010 .. My keyboard Numeric board in not working correctly.. from where i can download driver.. 26215
  10. how to press two botton in on screen keyboard ?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to press two botton in on screen keyboard ?: how to press two botton in on screen keyboard ? I mean shift+end or shift+home. Its a very helpful feature of selecting a long line. Thanks 24734