Windows 10: windows start box does not work

Discus and support windows start box does not work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; help, please - my windows start box will not allow me to shut down nor pull up the programs, settings menu on my dell pc thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by carolinemoreno1, Feb 28, 2021.

1. windows start box does not work

help, please - my windows start box will not allow me to shut down nor pull up the programs, settings menu on my dell pc

thank you

:)

carolinemoreno1, Feb 28, 2021

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Feb 28, 2021
  4. ddls Win User

windows start box does not work

Start Menu Launcher Not Working: white box instead of app list

As of this morning, the launcher my start menu has stopped working properly. Normally, I launch all of my applications by hitting the windows key and typing out the name of what I want until it appears in the launcher. Now, my start menu looks fine when I first hit the windows key or click the windows logo to bring it up. However, this is what I get when I begin to type the name of an application:

windows start box does not work [​IMG]

Googling variations of the title I used in this post was not fruitful - I found nobody who had a similar problem so far. Restarting the computer does not fix the issue. Any tips on the appropriate steps to diagnose or fix this are much appreciated.

Thema:

windows start box does not work

1. windows start box does not work - Similar Threads - start box does

2. Keboard does not work in text boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keboard does not work in text boxes: I have a Beelink Ser5 mini pc with Windows 11 Pro. For some applications the keyboard does not work in the text boxes, except I configure the Application with "Run as Administrator" feature. At OS level, and OS applications the keyboard works fine.I tested with 2 different...
  3. Keboard does not work in text boxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keboard does not work in text boxes: I have a Beelink Ser5 mini pc with Windows 11 Pro. For some applications the keyboard does not work in the text boxes, except I configure the Application with "Run as Administrator" feature. At OS level, and OS applications the keyboard works fine.I tested with 2 different...
  4. Windows Start does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Start does not work: When I try to open the windows run button I just don't do anything, this morning when I tried to open any of my folders they were empty, even when I open my laptop it didn't show me Disk D or Disk C but now that it works but still I can't open the start menu. And I can't open...
  5. Windows Start does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start does not work: When I try to open the windows run button I just don't do anything, this morning when I tried to open any of my folders they were empty, even when I open my laptop it didn't show me Disk D or Disk C but now that it works but still I can't open the start menu. And I can't open...
  6. Windows Start does not work

7. Windows Start does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start does not work: When I try to open anything in Windows just nothing happens, today when I tried to open any of my folders they were empty even when I open My PC was not showing Disk D or Disk C but now that it works but I still can't open the start menu. And I can't open the sound settings...
  8. Windows Start does not work

Windows Start does not work: When I try to open anything in Windows just nothing happens, today when I tried to open any of my folders they were empty even when I open My PC was not showing Disk D or Disk C but now that it works but I still can't open the start menu. And I can't open the sound settings...
  9. Windows Start does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. The "close box bracket" does not work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The "close box bracket" does not work.: Hello,I am having some issues with my close bracket button, I do not know what the cause of this issue is, however, it is not an issue related with my specific keyboard because I have tried other keyboards as well, and it still does not work. Also, I can use the SHIFT + } to...