Windows 10: Windows Start button and Cortana stop working, and Excel clipboard goes haywire

Discus and support Windows Start button and Cortana stop working, and Excel clipboard goes haywire in Cortana to solve the problem; Windows Start button and Cortana stop working, and Excel clipboard goes haywireI've had this problem on this machine ever since installing W10 RTM I'm... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Darryl Gittins, Dec 16, 2022.

1. Windows Start button and Cortana stop working, and Excel clipboard goes haywire

Windows Start button and Cortana stop working, and Excel clipboard goes haywireI've had this problem on this machine ever since installing W10 RTM I'm now on 22H2 where something goes haywire with Explorer.exe that causes the following symptoms:The Windows Start button stops working so I can't open the Start menu.Cortana stops responding.The clipboard in Excel starts toing weird things – basically Excel refuses to release the clipboard.Restarting Explorer taskkill /f /im explorer.exe and then start explorer.exe fixes the problem for a few hours until it happens again.I’ve installed all opt

:)

Darryl Gittins, Dec 16, 2022
  2. Tilghman Win User

Start Button Stopped Working

Yesterday the start button stopped responding. Cortana works okay and right clicking the start button opens a long list beginning with Programs and Features through Desktop. I restored from a point yesterday before experiencing the problem. Did not help.
    Any suggestions?

Tilghman, Dec 16, 2022
  3. Search Button And Cortana Stopped working

Hi Henry,

Cortana might not work due to a corrupted user account. For us to isolate this issue, we suggest that you perform the following methods given on this article:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Dec 16, 2022
  4. Windows Start button and Cortana stop working, and Excel clipboard goes haywire

Clipboard, Input & Windows button not working properly

After update to 1809, I got this following problems:

• Cursor keep flickering
    • Typing / Right Click delay
    • Press windows button create screenshot instead of open start menu. The same result when using on-screen keyboard. However click on start icon in taskbar still works
    • Cant perform copy paste. Clipboard doesn't seems has any history event after enable clipboard history.
    These are all the things that I tried:

• Safe mode
    • Using wireless mouse and keyboard
    • Using on-screen keyboard
    • Fresh start
    • Update driver from Lenovo
    • Clear clipboard
    • Perform sfc /scannow
    Yet nothing change!! Help!!

Windows 10 Pro build 1809

Lenovo Ideapad 310 14IKB

Dual monitor

maulidiyah, Dec 16, 2022
Thema:

Windows Start button and Cortana stop working, and Excel clipboard goes haywire

1. Windows Start button and Cortana stop working, and Excel clipboard goes haywire - Similar Threads - Start button Cortana

2. Windows Start button and Cortana stop working, and Excel clipboard goes haywire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start button and Cortana stop working, and Excel clipboard goes haywire: Windows Start button and Cortana stop working, and Excel clipboard goes haywireI've had this problem on this machine ever since installing W10 RTM I'm now on 22H2 where something goes haywire with Explorer.exe that causes the following symptoms:The Windows Start button stops...
  3. Windows Start button and Cortana stop working, and Excel clipboard goes haywire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Start button and Cortana stop working, and Excel clipboard goes haywire: Windows Start button and Cortana stop working, and Excel clipboard goes haywireI've had this problem on this machine ever since installing W10 RTM I'm now on 22H2 where something goes haywire with Explorer.exe that causes the following symptoms:The Windows Start button stops...
  4. start button and Cortana are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start button and Cortana are not working: I was receiving a message as my window's license will expire soon so I ask to the technical support Microsoft about it they said it because I have a old version so they take remote control of my pc an install a new version as they said I didn't know but the look it's very old...
  5. Start Button, Cortana and Search Bar not working

in Cortana
    Start Button, Cortana and Search Bar not working: For a few days, I have been unable to use the start button, Cortana, and search bar. Also, windows applications like groove music, photos, videos, etc, are not working. I tried different tricks but none of them seem to work. I tried SFC scan, dism, and some more things from...
  6. Windows 10 goes haywire

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 goes haywire: It started when I was working normally with Windows 10 and the machine shut down. No blue screen It would not power back up. I disconnected and reconnected the power cable and the screen cable, checked all connections. After doing this several times, it powered back...
  7. Start Button, Cortana and powershell nnot working

Start Button, Cortana and powershell nnot working: Hello, my start button, cortana and powershell are not working, I have tried several manipulations here and there but the problem persists, help please...
  8. START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING

START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING: START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-cortana-microsoft-edge-not-working/b7ecc347-dbbf-4f92-ab36-97c3d0ac79f5
  9. Cortana and Start Menu Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and Start Menu Stopped Working: Hello, I am struggle a lot with Windows 10 honestly. So all of a sudden, Cortana stopped functioning and start menu stopped working. I have tried all steps and tweaks available out there to fix the issue beside changing the profile and backing up the entire user because...
  10. Start button stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button stopped working: I made some changes to my network settings in an attempt to determine what was preventing my desktop system from sleeping. I was restarting my system after each change, and now my Start button has stopped working. Microsoft Edge crashed immediately when opened one time prior...