Windows 10: Windows Start Button and Searchbar is not working, but only for one single user!

Discus and support Windows Start Button and Searchbar is not working, but only for one single user! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey there! Strange problem, we have a VM with Windows 10 in our local domain. My coworker can login normally and the start button and searchbar is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ScriptingScribe, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Windows Start Button and Searchbar is not working, but only for one single user!

Hey there!
    Strange problem, we have a VM with Windows 10 in our local domain.
    My coworker can login normally and the start button and searchbar is working just fine, but when I login with my user both are completly without a function.
    Strange thing is, the taskbar is working just fine for me, I can right click and open the Taskmanager for example.

Furthermore with my user account I can't open the settings, but with any other user account it works.
    I already deleted the local profile of my account, but this didn't help at all.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/ScriptingScribe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ScriptingScribe, Mar 25, 2020
  2. twiggs462 Win User

Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, May 25, 2020
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, May 25, 2020
  4. Windows Start Button and Searchbar is not working, but only for one single user!

Windows 10 start button doesn't work.

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

At this point, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Follow the steps:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Write to us again for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows Start Button and Searchbar is not working, but only for one single user!

1. Windows Start Button and Searchbar is not working, but only for one single user! - Similar Threads - Start Button Searchbar

2. Start button and searchbar not working because of permissions i changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and searchbar not working because of permissions i changed: So i was installing kali linuxz and there was an error so i looked at a video on how to fix this and i needed to change some permissions in this built in app i cant remember what its called and i did something wrong and its locked my windows start button and the search bar....
  3. Start button and searchbar not working because of permissions i changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button and searchbar not working because of permissions i changed: So i was installing kali linuxz and there was an error so i looked at a video on how to fix this and i needed to change some permissions in this built in app i cant remember what its called and i did something wrong and its locked my windows start button and the search bar....
  4. How to disable mouse button that works only as single-click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable mouse button that works only as single-click: I built several desktop computers and re-imaged a laptop. It seem that the mouse thinks it is a touch pad. Or something like it. After the Windows installation, I try to move icons and open programs, but the mouse is not working correctly. When I try to select a desktop icon...
  5. How to disable mouse button that works only as single-click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable mouse button that works only as single-click: I built several desktop computers and re-imaged a laptop. It seem that the mouse thinks it is a touch pad. Or something like it. After the Windows installation, I try to move icons and open programs, but the mouse is not working correctly. When I try to select a desktop icon...
  6. How to disable mouse button that works only as single-click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 Start button not working on keyboard only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start button not working on keyboard only: So recently im trying to hit my start button on my keyboard but its not working. it work if i do it manually by clicking it with my mouse. i already try to change my keyboard , trying the DISM and Scannow on powershell command , restarting the explorer but none of these...
  8. Windows start button does not work in one user account StartMenuExperienceHost.exe crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start button does not work in one user account StartMenuExperienceHost.exe crashes: Hello,I want to reopen this discussion, which was already closed:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-button-does-not-work-in-one-user/823466a8-55e2-4d92-8712-6d4702f0740c?page=2For years I have the same problem on one Windows 10 installation,...
  9. Microphone Button Not Working...On Only One Account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Button Not Working...On Only One Account: Hi! I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 with Windows 10. I have my main profile/account on here, and everything works. I'm the administrator on the laptop. My younger brother has his own account, and every time he tries to video call his friend, his microphone doesn't work. I...
  10. Windows 10 Start Button, searchbar and miniature icons don't work. How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Button, searchbar and miniature icons don't work. How to fix it?: On my Task Bar clicking on the Start Button does nothing. Can't type anything into the searchbar. If I click on the up arrow to show hidden miniature icons those programs can't be opened either. On the right side of my Task Bar the battery icon, wifi signal and volume...