Windows 10: Windows start button, and taskbar not working

Discus and support Windows start button, and taskbar not working in Cortana to solve the problem; I have a surface pro 5 running Windows 10, I was unable to logon due to a Group Policy service not starting. I ran a number of suggested fixes without... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by PBEPBE, Oct 30, 2018.

1. PBEPBE Win User

Windows start button, and taskbar not working

I have a surface pro 5 running Windows 10, I was unable to logon due to a Group Policy service not starting. I ran a number of suggested fixes without success. I have now reinstalled Windows 10 (keeping my files option). I can now log in, but the start button does not work, Cortina does not work, Edge does not work. I have done the scannow, health check repair and numerous other suggested fixes and still does not work. I have exhausted all options as far as I know. I am sick and tired of issues like this which have me running round in circles for days without being able to use my primary business tool.

Any suggestions

:)

PBEPBE, Oct 30, 2018
  2. gammalin Win User

Start Button and taskbar not working

I did as suggested but didn't get to Troubleshoot or Reset computer. When it started back up with taskbar was complete and start button working. Everything seems ok, but slower. So thanks for that. Can you tell me about creating restore point manually and creating system image backup ?

gammalin, Oct 31, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Taskbar not working

Hello, there are so many threads on this topic, which can readily be found using the white search box at the top.

Here are a few I've found for you. I suggest you work through these, and if no success, please list everything you've tried and post back. Good luck!

Solved Start Button and taskbar not working - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums
    Taskbar/Start button not working! - Page 15 - Windows 10 Forums
    Start button right clicking on taskbar icons suddenly does not work - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Oct 31, 2018
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Windows 10 taskbar and start button not working

An in-place upgrade (repair) will not delete your user installed apps. Using the ISO, mount it (open with explorer), run Setup.exe as Administrator. When you get to this screen, make sure the top option is dotted.

Windows start button, and taskbar not working [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows start button, and taskbar not working - Similar Threads - start button taskbar

2. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  3. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  4. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.: My PC start and search button of the taskbar is not functioning. Whenever I clicked on start and search button, nothing happens, there is no start menu and no search dialogue box on clicking those buttons. However, when I hover on the start and search buttons, they display...
  6. Start button and taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button and taskbar not working: Hi. Windows 10 Home , 64 bit now showing "critical error, your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in". I've triedeverything from running powershell in task manager, try to reinstall windows apps, trying to reset the pc, running windows...
  7. Start Button and taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Button and taskbar not working: Please help. Windows 10 has worked pretty well since installing it a couple of months ago but last week suddenly the taskbar is empty and start button not working. I tried the powershell idea but as nothing shows up in the taskbar I can't run as administrator. I'm 62 years...
  8. Taskbar/Start button not working!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar/Start button not working!: I have Window 10, just upgraded it was working great I turned my computer off and went to bed last night. Today I turn it on and now when I click the start button or windows key. The mouse just looks like it is loading, the taskbar flashes, and nothing comes up. I'm not able...
  9. Windows 10 taskbar and start button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 taskbar and start button not working: Greetings, For some reason, when I restarted my computer, my start button does not work, I click it and nothing happens. I can't even adjust my volume nor set my wifi connections. I've tried multiple fixes, using this command: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach...
  10. Taskbar/Start Button NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar/Start Button NOT WORKING: Hello, I have a Surface Pro 3, updated for Windows 10. I have been switching in and out of tablet mode, and I find myself at a point where now my task bar are not working. For example, when I click on the "Action Center" nothing pops up, or when I click on the WiFi...