Windows 10: Windows start button doesn’t work and settings automatically closes when I open it up.

Discus and support Windows start button doesn’t work and settings automatically closes when I open it up. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. This issue all started when I wanted to rename my windows user file and I went to regedit to rename it and everything but then when I went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/arandomguy5000, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Windows start button doesn’t work and settings automatically closes when I open it up.

Hello. This issue all started when I wanted to rename my windows user file and I went to regedit to rename it and everything but then when I went to sign in, i got an error that said something along the lines of “we couldn’t sign you into your account”. I tried to fix it by going to regedit again but I accidentally deleted both of my profiles. How can I fix this?

submitted by /u/arandomguy5000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/arandomguy5000, Jul 9, 2020

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Jul 9, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Windows start button doesn’t work and settings automatically closes when I open it up.

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows start button doesn’t work and settings automatically closes when I open it up.

1. Windows start button doesn’t work and settings automatically closes when I open it up. - Similar Threads - start button doesn’t

2. How to set up my email lookout automaticly open when I open the computer and start?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set up my email lookout automaticly open when I open the computer and start?: How to set up my email lookout automaticly open when I open the computer and start? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-my-email-lookout-automaticly-open/ff4712e0-7548-4a8e-b8af-3c5b15d6087d
  3. How to set up my email lookout automaticly open when I open the computer and start?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set up my email lookout automaticly open when I open the computer and start?: How to set up my email lookout automaticly open when I open the computer and start? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-my-email-lookout-automaticly-open/ff4712e0-7548-4a8e-b8af-3c5b15d6087d
  4. Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive: so as the title says, nothing is working all of a sudden. i cant access my settings, i cant access the start button, i cant access my mail on my toolbar. i can still access other things on my toolbar but those things dont work. ive tried a few fixes through powershell but to...
  5. Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive: so as the title says, nothing is working all of a sudden. i cant access my settings, i cant access the start button, i cant access my mail on my toolbar. i can still access other things on my toolbar but those things dont work. ive tried a few fixes through powershell but to...
  6. Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive

7. setting up pin doesn’t work

setting up pin doesn’t work: Hello! So I tried resetting and rebooting my laptop for a couple of times already. But the pin set up still isnt working when I’m doing so. my fingerprint is not working either. It says I need to setup pin but kept getting the same error message that microsoft cannot set up...
  8. setting up pin doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up pin doesn’t work: Hello! So I tried resetting and rebooting my laptop for a couple of times already. But the pin set up still isnt working when I’m doing so. my fingerprint is not working either. It says I need to setup pin but kept getting the same error message that microsoft cannot set up...
  9. Taskbar is empty and start button doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar is empty and start button doesn’t work: The task bar is empty and the start button doesn’t work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-is-empty-and-start-button-doesnt-work/c7bfdeb1-b255-423a-b83a-5224bee8ab02
  10. Start button not working after setting AppIDSvc service start automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start button not working after setting AppIDSvc service start automatically: Hi Team, System : Windows 10 Education I want to block Application as well in Safe Mode so I am using AppLocker of Windows 10. Application is successfully blocked when Windows Identity Service is running. I have followed below link and fired below command: sc.exe...