Windows 10: Windows Start button, Edge Explorer, Windows Apps and wireless settings are not working

Discus and support Windows Start button, Edge Explorer, Windows Apps and wireless settings are not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This happened to my computer as i was downloading ccleaner. When the download finished the edge explore locked up and i couldn't closed it regularly, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xSyNd1c4t3x, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Windows Start button, Edge Explorer, Windows Apps and wireless settings are not working

This happened to my computer as i was downloading ccleaner. When the download finished the edge explore locked up and i couldn't closed it regularly, I had to use task manager. When i opened it back up it wouldn't load anything it was just a blank every thing edge explorer. I restarted my computer a few times and then on the 3rd or 4th reset everything I mentioned went down. I have got them to work in safe mode except the windows store. In normal mode even in clean boot i can't get anything to work. I have tried the Sfc scan now it says nothing is wrong everytime. Get appxpackage in PowerShell this doesn't work it just gives me a big list of red errors i have tried over and over. I've also done the internet image clean it doesn't find anything wrong. I got rid of backups for space and stupid idea now. I Have ran malwarebytes that does find anything. I have ran McAfee it just found 3 errors and fixed them it didn't help though. I have ran the troubleshooter for windows store apps in control panel it only works in normal diagnostic mode not normal full boot. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this and how to fix it?

:)

xSyNd1c4t3x, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Windows Start button, Edge Explorer, Windows Apps and wireless settings are not working

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows Start button, Edge Explorer, Windows Apps and wireless settings are not working

1. Windows Start button, Edge Explorer, Windows Apps and wireless settings are not working - Similar Threads - Start button Edge

2. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: In my pc start button , taskbar and any deafult apps are not working. whenever i tried to open settings or any default apps it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  3. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From few past weeks my start button,taskbar,settings and default apps are not working.i tried many ways but it still does't work.tell me any way how to fix it...
  4. start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From past few days i can't open my start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps. whenever i try to open them it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  5. Class not registered/Start not working/Windows settings and buttons not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Class not registered/Start not working/Windows settings and buttons not working: Hello, I kinda have a very difficult problem and kinda hard to explain. So recently my pc started giving me a problem, started by saying class not registered when I tried opening pictures, then it went to my installed apps and then to all windows default apps. When I hover...
  6. Settings App '+' buttons not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings App '+' buttons not working: Hello, In my settings app on Windows 10 Pro any buttons which appear as a square box with a '+' in the middle are not functioning. I have verified that "Add a family member" "Add someone else to this PC" "Add an account" "Connect" in Access work or school account and...
  7. Start Button, All settings, Windows defender, Microsoft Edge all at once not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Button, All settings, Windows defender, Microsoft Edge all at once not working: Two days ago I ran in this problem: Start Button not working, All settings not opening, if I click on windows security icon it open, flash and close, if I click on Microsoft Edge icon it open, flash and close. I did all the necessary troubleshooting including SFC /scannow,...
  8. START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING: START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-cortana-microsoft-edge-not-working/b7ecc347-dbbf-4f92-ab36-97c3d0ac79f5
  9. Windows Start Button Issues And Missing Edge Button

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Start Button Issues And Missing Edge Button: All of a sudden the Windows Start Button turns brown (not blue) and when I left click on it something is said about having to sign out and a critical error. Clicking that button, which you have to do to get rid of the dialogue box, restarts the OS and it happens again if you...
  10. Start Button & Edge Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button & Edge Not Working: I upgraded to Windows 10 in early August and all has been well until this week when I find that when I left click on the start button nothing happens (right click is fine), and Microsoft Edge seems to have disappeared from my PC (although the icon remains on the Quick Start...