Windows 10: Windows Start Button Issues And Missing Edge Button

Discus and support Windows Start Button Issues And Missing Edge Button in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; All of a sudden the Windows Start Button turns brown (not blue) and when I left click on it something is said about having to sign out and a critical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by johnwyork2, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Windows Start Button Issues And Missing Edge Button

All of a sudden the Windows Start Button turns brown (not blue) and when I left click on it something is said about having to sign out and a critical error. Clicking that button, which you have to do to get rid of the dialogue box, restarts the OS and it happens again if you left click the Start Button.

Also, Microsoft Edge, which used to be on the bottom row, is now gone.

I tried to reinstall Windows 10, but got to a point where the setup crashed, so I am stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

johnwyork2, Aug 17, 2015

2. The start button (Windows button), Microsoft Edge and System are blocked, they do not responding.

Hi Filip,

Create another user profile on the same device on which you are facing the issue and check if similar issue persists. Refer to

Set up accounts
    article to create a new Microsoft user account on the computer.

The corrupted user profile does not function normally such as not launching
    Start menu, Cortana, Search bar, Store and other
    Windows applications. In such cases creating a new profile and checking for the same will help in identifying if the is specific to corrupted user profile or the OS.

Write to us with the status of not able to access Start button, Microsoft Edge and System on the computer for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 17, 2015
  3. The start button (Windows button), Microsoft Edge and System are blocked, they do not responding.

Hi Filip,

The above issue might occur due to missing or corrupted system files and folders, recent changes made or if the user profile is corrupted on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• When you say “The start button (Windows button), Microsoft Edge and System are blocked”, do you get any error message or error code accessing the same?
    • Did you make any recent system changes prior to the issue?
    • Is your computer connected to Domain network?

If you have made any recent changes prior to the issue, revert the changes made and check if the issue is resolved on the computer.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of Start button, Edge and System blocked in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Windows Start Button Issues And Missing Edge Button

1. Windows Start Button Issues And Missing Edge Button - Similar Threads - Start Button Issues

2. Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons: I have tried:Erasing the registry item listed in some of these responses.Erasing all updates after the date in which the toolbar disappeared.I was going to try re installing Windows but when I tried to create a boot drive it wont let me because it says there are files missing...
  3. Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons: I have tried:Erasing the registry item listed in some of these responses.Erasing all updates after the date in which the toolbar disappeared.I was going to try re installing Windows but when I tried to create a boot drive it wont let me because it says there are files missing...
  4. Missing start button windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing start button windows 11: Missing start button windows 11.After upgrading to windows 11, my start button is missing.Tried all the fixes in the discussions, but nothing works....pls helpl!Thanks, Sanjoy...
  5. Missing start button windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing start button windows 11: Missing start button windows 11.After upgrading to windows 11, my start button is missing.Tried all the fixes in the discussions, but nothing works....pls helpl!Thanks, Sanjoy...
  6. Why is my Windows Start Button missing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my Windows Start Button missing?: For some reason I don't have the Windows Start Button anymore on my Computer. Maybe some of you could help me fix this? Info: - I can't click the "Invisible" Button, so its completely missing - I still got the Windows Start Button on my Second Monitor - Yesterday I tried...
  7. Missing button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing button: Whenever I got to change my time It says would you like to let this control your device but I can't ever put yes because the button is not there. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-button/6cf8b0a5-3496-4918-92f7-d40cc5b7c3c1
  8. Start Button Missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Button Missing: Suddenly, my Start button disappeared after updating Windows 10. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/start-button-missing/a51b3d37-c831-43dc-983d-b4fe5ff9298e
  9. Start Button & Edge Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button & Edge Not Working: I upgraded to Windows 10 in early August and all has been well until this week when I find that when I left click on the start button nothing happens (right click is fine), and Microsoft Edge seems to have disappeared from my PC (although the icon remains on the Quick Start...
  10. Start button items missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button items missing: File Explorer and Settings icons are sometimes missing when I click the start button. But in the start button, when I click "All Apps" and then return to the start button, File Explorer and Settings sometimes return. Sfc /scannow shows no errors. This problem occurs only on...