Windows 10: Windows Start button randomly stops working

Discus and support Windows Start button randomly stops working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So whenever I click on the Start menu it doesn't open, my cursor will show a 'working in background' for about half a second. Also whenever I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Savvaroni, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Windows Start button randomly stops working

So whenever I click on the Start menu it doesn't open, my cursor will show a 'working in background' for about half a second. Also whenever I click Ctrl + I for the settings, it automatically closes itself out. I can open Task Manager with no issues though.

P.S This happened after a windows update. It was working fine before, but not it doesn't work all of the sudden

submitted by /u/Savvaroni
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Savvaroni, Jul 3, 2020
  2. Tilghman Win User

Start Button Stopped Working

Yesterday the start button stopped responding. Cortana works okay and right clicking the start button opens a long list beginning with Programs and Features through Desktop. I restored from a point yesterday before experiencing the problem. Did not help.
    Any suggestions?

Tilghman, Jul 3, 2020
  3. twiggs462 Win User
    Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Windows Start button randomly stops working

Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows Start button randomly stops working

1. Windows Start button randomly stops working - Similar Threads - Start button randomly

2. Alt + tab, windows button randomly stops working and then starts working again after some...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + tab, windows button randomly stops working and then starts working again after some...: Like the title my alt+tab, windows button and other shortcuts will randomly stop working and then after some minutes it will all appear like its lagging, then it will work for a while and just repeat. I am on Windows 10 ver 21H2...
  3. Alt + tab, windows button randomly stops working and then starts working again after some...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt + tab, windows button randomly stops working and then starts working again after some...: Like the title my alt+tab, windows button and other shortcuts will randomly stop working and then after some minutes it will all appear like its lagging, then it will work for a while and just repeat. I am on Windows 10 ver 21H2...
  4. Alt + tab, windows button randomly stops working and then starts working again after some...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows File Explorer, Windows Start Button and Windows Search Randomly Stops Working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows File Explorer, Windows Start Button and Windows Search Randomly Stops Working.: Two months ago I asked this question without any luck, and I stopped receiving messages back. So, I'll try this again. For a few months now, I have had a lot of issues with Windows 10, and as the title suggest, some of the windows functions stops working for no reason at...
  6. Windows File Explorer, Windows Start Button and Windows Search Randomly Stops Working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows File Explorer, Windows Start Button and Windows Search Randomly Stops Working.: Hi, so for the past month or so I've been having quite a lot of issues with File explorer, windows start button and the windows search button, which are all in the taskbar. For some odd reason, ar random times they will simply stop work. I usually turn off my computer through...
  7. Start button stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button stopped working: I made some changes to my network settings in an attempt to determine what was preventing my desktop system from sleeping. I was restarting my system after each change, and now my Start button has stopped working. Microsoft Edge crashed immediately when opened one time prior...
  8. "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working: I just did a clean install on W10 and change my bios to UEFI (which it supports.) I'm having this intermittent problem with the Windows "Start" Button in the lower left. It just stops working - left clicking doesn't do anything, although right-clicking does. I just have the...
  9. Start-Button stops working after random time

in Windows 10 Support
    Start-Button stops working after random time: Hello! My start-button in windows 10 1511 becomes unresponsive after some time of working. The programs already running keep on running normally, but sometimes if this problem occurs, i can't open task-manager through ctrl-shift-esc, ctrl-alt-del doesn't work also. This...
  10. Start button has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button has stopped working: Hey guys wondering if some of you can help me out. The start button on windows 10 has stopped working for me. It came right after I installed a new graphics card though in the days before I had noticed strange stuff like when I searched for an app and clicked on its icon...