Windows 10: Windows Start Button/Start menu not working

Discus and support Windows Start Button/Start menu not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I click on the Windows icon in the bottom left hand corner of the screen nothing happens. I've re-booted, restored and via Powershell I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sikm, Oct 27, 2015.

1. sikm Win User

Windows Start Button/Start menu not working

When I click on the Windows icon in the bottom left hand corner of the screen nothing happens.

I've re-booted, restored and via Powershell I've tried the 'Get - Appx package etc' that has been suggested in a number of places on the Web. None of that has worked.

I've come to the conclusion that the only way to go is to Refresh/Reset the system.

The problem is that the normal way to do that would be to click on the Windows icon and select Settings, but the icon doesn't work.

Is there another way to get to the Recovery options?

BTW updates are automatic - and current - no new apps have been installed nor alterations made for weeks and the system was working fine yesterday.

In addition the time lag between clicking on File Explorer and the window actually appearing takes an age.

If I enter Refresh into Search the option comes up but when I click on it nothing happens.

:)

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Oct 27, 2015
  3. RDSully Win User
    Start menu button [Windows button] is not working in Windows 10?

Thank you Method 1 has worked for me.

RDSully, Oct 27, 2015
Thema:

Windows Start Button/Start menu not working

1. Windows Start Button/Start menu not working - Similar Threads - Start Button Start

2. Windows Start Menu Button Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Start Menu Button Not Working: Hello, I updated my computer last night and now the start menu/taskbar is not working. I have tried a couple of things that have been suggested with no luck. The windows button on my computer also does not open the start menu which makes it hard to do certain fixes suggested....
  3. start up menu window button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up menu window button not working: My start up is not appearing on the screen. i have pressed it continuous times and it wont appear. How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-menu-window-button-not-working/c2db60d0-bbd4-4f9d-af7e-a0bca9d4801a
  4. Start Menu Button not working again

Start Menu Button not working again: The only thing that seems to work is to reset the machine. All the other troubleshooting steps are not working. Right click works, left click does not, none of the icons works. Come on Microsoft fix this already, its been an issue for years, and resetting computers in a...
  5. Windows 10 Start Button / Start menu not working

Windows 10 Start Button / Start menu not working: In the last few weeks, I have had several machines start buttons stop working. Users are unable to click on Start or the Windows logo to bring up the start menu. When I search online I only fine the usual run sfc /scannow posts. Is there a real solution to this issue. The...
  6. Start Menu Button

Start Menu Button: My Start Menu button will not leave the corner even when I am in full screen on some other program [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button/c5a7c99c-090b-4c74-a246-a01a05a75bf8
  7. start menu button.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start menu button.: when I press start menu button the apps are all over the screen and theres no list of programs. Its a new laptop days old acer aspire 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button/cd973177-9c07-41bc-9018-11f19c89242c
  8. Windows start menu/button and Wifi menu NOT WORKING

Windows start menu/button and Wifi menu NOT WORKING: Since 2 days I have problems with my Laptop, This consists of not being able to use the '' windows start menu '' and the Wifi menu (being able to select networks / SSID ''.) The Windows start button on the keyboard works with combinations as Start + L for lock and Win + E for...
  9. Start menu button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu button not working: Hello guys , i am runing windows 10 PRO x64, from time to time , i can't find a pattern , the start menu button decides not to work at all, i click it , nothing happens , i hit windows key on my keyboard , nothing happens. The solution is windows explorer process restart. Can...
  10. Start Menu button & Windows Key not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu button & Windows Key not working: Hi, Am using Win-10 Education. For the last few days Start button and Windows Key have stopped working and I do not get the list of all programs and other icons from where I can go to other programs. What do I do ???? 55945