Windows 10: windows start button

Discus and support windows start button in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; fix windows start button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-button/79fa0d3b-e020-4900-a2ff-87dafed37fb9 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marcel_016, May 13, 2019.

1. windows start button

fix windows start button

:)

Marcel_016, May 13, 2019
  2. hellrazor Win User

Change the start button picture AKA How to screw Windows up: The Complicated Way

This should (in theory) change the start button, but here goes anyways. I did (or didn't, whatever you want to call it) do this on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Step 1: Get artsy
    Make a sweet picture of a nuclear trefoil from the Duke Nukem website.

Step 2: Rambo, I choose you!
    Grab ResEdit x64, attempt to assume control of C:\Windows, and Explorer.exe - I apparently had trouble doing this right. Plan B: Copy Explorer.exe elsewhere.

Step 3: Take the safety off
    Open new Explorer.exe with ResEdit, delete pictures 6801, 6805, and 6809, add the sweet trefoil 3 times (interesting...), rename one picture to 6801, the next to 6805, the last to 6809 (making sure that each of them are "English (United States)"). Save. Don't attempt to run the new Explorer.exe to see if it works.

Step 4: Pop a few shots
    Attempt to write over the original Explorer.exe.

Step 5: Miss
    Windows says I have to get permission to do that.

Step 6: Grab a bigger gun
    Pop into Linux, teach Windows a thing or two.

Step 7: Complain about the giant hole in your forehead
    Start Windows, around this time you should be greeted by a black screen and a message that says that Explorer.exe has crashed; if not, you are unlucky *Smile windows start button :)

Step 8: Grab a band-aid
    Curse like a sailor. Pop back into Linux, notice that there are Explorer.exe.1 and Explorer.exe.2 in the Windows folder. Delete FUBARed Explorer.exe, rename Explorer.exe.2 to Explorer.exe.

All in all, nothing was lost. If anybody knows how to do it correctly, do tell.

hellrazor, May 13, 2019
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, May 13, 2019
  4. twiggs462 Win User

windows start button

Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, May 13, 2019
Thema:

windows start button

1. windows start button - Similar Threads - start button

2. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: In my pc start button , taskbar and any deafult apps are not working. whenever i tried to open settings or any default apps it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  3. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: In my pc start button , taskbar and any deafult apps are not working. whenever i tried to open settings or any default apps it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  4. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From few past weeks my start button,taskbar,settings and default apps are not working.i tried many ways but it still does't work.tell me any way how to fix it...
  5. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From few past weeks my start button,taskbar,settings and default apps are not working.i tried many ways but it still does't work.tell me any way how to fix it...
  6. start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From past few days i can't open my start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps. whenever i try to open them it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  7. start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From past few days i can't open my start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps. whenever i try to open them it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  8. start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

9. My start button gets held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start button gets held down: My start button gets held down... why please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-gets-held-down/6220c37d-87b8-4851-8a11-74e5ef5bd8fa
  10. My start button gets held down

My start button gets held down: My start button gets held down... why please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-gets-held-down/6220c37d-87b8-4851-8a11-74e5ef5bd8fa