Windows 10: Windows Start does not work

Discus and support Windows Start does not work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to open anything in Windows just nothing happens, today when I tried to open any of my folders they were empty even when I open My PC was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CheriTaylor1, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Windows Start does not work

When I try to open anything in Windows just nothing happens, today when I tried to open any of my folders they were empty even when I open My PC was not showing Disk D or Disk C but now that it works but I still can't open the start menu. And I can't open the sound settings or when I get a new message in Windows in the lower right corner, not even the calendar and time or Internet settings absolutely nothing. I didn't download any viruses or stuff, it just stopped working. Thanks for any help

:)

CheriTaylor1, Oct 15, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 16, 2021
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 16, 2021
  4. Windows Start does not work

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

Fix problems with the Start menu

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows Start does not work

1. Windows Start does not work - Similar Threads - Start does

2. why does my MSFS2020 do not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my MSFS2020 do not start: with no major changes in the system my MSFS 2020 does stop to start and asks for installation CD.i bought this version normal in stores and no update is available.pls help...
  3. why does my MSFS2020 do not start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does my MSFS2020 do not start: with no major changes in the system my MSFS 2020 does stop to start and asks for installation CD.i bought this version normal in stores and no update is available.pls help...
  4. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?: My PC is old. I was playing all of those games exactly like I do now. EA FC 24, Minecraft, ...But since a while my PC shut down and restarted it self after starting one of these games. Somethimes the screen turnt white and I couldn't do anything so I had to shut it down by...
  5. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?: My PC is old. I was playing all of those games exactly like I do now. EA FC 24, Minecraft, ...But since a while my PC shut down and restarted it self after starting one of these games. Somethimes the screen turnt white and I couldn't do anything so I had to shut it down by...
  6. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

7. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

8. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Why does my PC turn black when I start a Computer game?