Windows 10: Windows Start Icon/Button

Discus and support Windows Start Icon/Button in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I noticed that the Windows Start icon and the Start button do not work at all. Is there a setting I need to change? When I click the start icon to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VanessaOlavarrieta, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Windows Start Icon/Button

I noticed that the Windows Start icon and the Start button do not work at all. Is there a setting I need to change? When I click the start icon to see all of my apps it doesn't work. So then I tried the start button on the keyboard, and that doesn't work either. How can I fix this problem?

:)

VanessaOlavarrieta, Apr 15, 2021

2. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Apr 15, 2021
  3. snoopy51 Win User
    Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Windows Start Icon/Button

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows Start Icon/Button

1. Windows Start Icon/Button - Similar Threads - Start Icon Button

2. Windows 11 PRO Start Button Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PRO Start Button Icon: i have tried many software's like - 1. Stardock Start11 2. Start all is back3. Classic Shell 4. Start Menu X Windows OS - PRO 64 Bit.now my problem is i want to change the windows start menu button icon and not he start menu as a previous version.i have attached a photo of a...
  3. Windows 11 PRO Start Button Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PRO Start Button Icon: i have tried many software's like - 1. Stardock Start11 2. Start all is back3. Classic Shell 4. Start Menu X Windows OS - PRO 64 Bit.now my problem is i want to change the windows start menu button icon and not he start menu as a previous version.i have attached a photo of a...
  4. Blank icon's on desktop/start button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank icon's on desktop/start button: I have a problem with my Windows 10 system. Many of the icon's on the desktop have gone blank, it's the ones that are shortcuts to applications. The same has happened to the shortcut icon's via the Start button. Many thanks...
  5. Blank icon's on desktop/start button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank icon's on desktop/start button: I have a problem with my Windows 10 system. Many of the icon's on the desktop have gone blank, it's the ones that are shortcuts to applications. The same has happened to the shortcut icon's via the Start button. Many thanks...
  6. Windows button and start icon are non-responsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows button and start icon are non-responsive: Hello,My Windows Start Button was not responsive. I had the IT department at my college attempt a repair remotely. The tech was able to get the start icon to respond, but only when set to open in full-screen mode. Updates have been performed, I have re-started a couple of...
  7. Windows button and start icon are non-responsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows button and start icon are non-responsive: Hello,My Windows Start Button was not responsive. I had the IT department at my college attempt a repair remotely. The tech was able to get the start icon to respond, but only when set to open in full-screen mode. Updates have been performed, I have re-started a couple of...
  8. Windows button and start icon are non-responsive

9. Start Button Icon Locations

Start Button Icon Locations: Where does Windows store the start button icons/assets images? They are in the MSStyles in the themes folder. 79375
  10. problem with lost icons and start button

in Windows 10 Support
    problem with lost icons and start button: I have been using windows 10 for a few months now and this problem has happened twice now. The computer starts running very slowly and when I click on the start button = nothing happens so there is no way to shut the machine down except to shut it off. Also, I have lost the...